Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it. Saul Alinsky.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky.

Posted on July 3, 2015 by Scott Johnson in Hillary Clinton, Leftism, Obama Administration Scandals

Extending Alinsky Rule 6

One of Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals must support tactical lying, or lying on principle. Perhaps it is a variant of Alinsky Rule 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” I infer that the left loves it. Lying is one of their greatest hits.

I will formulate Alinsky Rule 6(a): “Lie when you have to, the worse the better. Your supporters will enjoy it, while others will be fooled by it and be reluctant to conclude that they were hoodwinked. Still others will remain sufficiently inattentive to suit your purposes.”

Think of Obamacare, peddled to the American people by the president of the United States without the utterance of a true word over a period of years. Alinksy would be proud.

Or think of the Iran agreement in process. Charles Krauthammer measures it against its professed objective and judges it to be founded entirely on the things which are not (to borrow the Houyhnhnms’ expression in Gulliver’s Travels). Krauthammer calls it “The worst agreement in diplomatic history.”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/extending-alinsky-rule-6.php

2seaoat

Really Mr. Markle.  I am fairly well read and until you magically started talking about this guy, he was off my radar screen and 99.9% of Americans....so how are we supposed to be concerned?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"We" should be more concerned about this, which might rightly be renamed "The Capitalist Manifesto", written, it should be noted, during the Vietnam War...less than 8 years after the assassination of JFK, and 3 years after "Tricky Dick" Nixon promised, if elected, to end the war, which he instead escalated.

http://reclaimdemocracy.org/powell_memo_lewis/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Really Mr. Markle.  I am fairly well read and until you magically started talking about this guy, he was off my radar screen and 99.9% of Americans....so how are we supposed to be concerned?

As were Cloward and Piven. Semi-demented poster Markle's world orbits the sun outside our solar system.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Powell Memo (also known as the Powell Manifesto)

The Powell Memo was first published August 23, 1971
"Introduction

In 1971, Lewis Powell, then a corporate lawyer and member of the boards of 11 corporations, wrote a memo to his friend Eugene Sydnor, Jr., the Director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The memorandum was dated August 23, 1971, two months prior to Powell’s nomination by President Nixon to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Powell Memo did not become available to the public until long after his confirmation to the Court. It was leaked to Jack Anderson, a liberal syndicated columnist, who stirred interest in the document when he cited it as reason to doubt Powell’s legal objectivity. Anderson cautioned that Powell “might use his position on the Supreme Court to put his ideas into practice…in behalf of business interests.”
Though Powell’s memo was not the sole influence, the Chamber and corporate activists took his advice to heart and began building a powerful array of institutions designed to shift public attitudes and beliefs over the course of years and decades. The memo influenced or inspired the creation of the Heritage Foundation, the Manhattan Institute, the Cato Institute, Citizens for a Sound Economy, Accuracy in Academe, and other powerful organizations. Their long-term focus began paying off handsomely in the 1980s, in coordination with the Reagan Administration’s “hands-off business” philosophy.
Most notable about these institutions was their focus on education, shifting values, and movement-building — a focus we share, though often with sharply contrasting goals.* (See our endnote for more on this.)
So did Powell’s political views influence his judicial decisions? The evidence is mixed. Powell did embrace expansion of corporate privilege and wrote the majority opinion in First National Bank of Boston v. Bellotti, a 1978 decision that effectively invented a First Amendment “right” for corporations to influence ballot questions. On social issues, he was a moderate, whose votes often surprised his backers..."

Not posting the entire memo, but here's the link again:

http://reclaimdemocracy.org/powell_memo_lewis/

If you read the memo, you'll see that it's a blueprint for the state in which we find ourselves today...the National Chamber as lobbying arm for entrenched business interests...media consolidation and FOX...attempted privatization of education...private prisons...and a call for aggression from the "business community", aka corporate interests.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Really Mr. Markle.  I am fairly well read and until you magically started talking about this guy, he was off my radar screen and 99.9% of Americans....so how are we supposed to be concerned?

And the far left Progressives WANT it to stay off the radar screen too. Now please tell us what is NOT correct in my post and being followed by Progressives to the letter?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

As were Cloward and Piven. Semi-demented poster Markle's world orbits the sun outside our solar system.

What here is not being executed to the letter today?

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. ClowardPiven

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There is no "Cloward-Piven Strategy". It's a fabrication of some right-wing lunatics that was picked up by Glenn Beck when he had a gig on FOX.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
There is no "Cloward-Piven Strategy".  It's a fabrication of some right-wing lunatics that was picked up by Glenn Beck when he had a gig on FOX.  

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

It won't stop other right-wing lunatics from believing such claptrap stuff.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Just because y'all aren't well read or aware of the underlying drivers/strategy/history of your ideology...

doesn't make it a neologism or fallacy. See nyc leading up to 1975.

Hell... people call themselves progressives today completely unaware of it's history of bigotry and nazism.

It certainly doesn't surprise me how ignorant leftists can be... they're trying their best to enslave themselves.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You really should read more about your favorite target, Margaret Sanger. Her treasurer was none other than Prescott Bush.

Floridatexan wrote:
You really should read more about your favorite target, Margaret Sanger. Her treasurer was none other than Prescott Bush.

It's no surprise to me that the bushs are progressives. Bush2 talked a conservative game campaigning...

but jumped right into progressive govt solutions.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Just because y'all aren't well read or aware of the underlying drivers/strategy/history of your ideology...

Hell... people call themselves progressives today completely unaware of it's history of bigotry and nazism.

It certainly doesn't surprise me how ignorant leftists can be... they're trying their best to enslave themselves.

"...See nyc leading up to 1975..." -- That is meaningless. If you want to make a point, make it. The Nazis were FASCISTS. Fascism is right-wing. If you can't make that distinction, there's not much point in pursuing a conversation with you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You really should read more about your favorite target, Margaret Sanger.  Her treasurer was none other than Prescott Bush.  

It's no surprise to me that the bushs are progressives. Bush2 talked a conservative game campaigning...

Going to war without cause is not progressive. Torturing people is not progressive. The Bushes are fascists and, as you must know, were allied with Nazi Germany.

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Just because y'all aren't well read or aware of the underlying drivers/strategy/history of your ideology...

"...See nyc leading up to 1975..." -- That is meaningless. If you want to make a point, make it. The Nazis were FASCISTS. Fascism is right-wing. If you can't make that distinction, there's not much point in pursuing a conversation with you.

Would you say fascism is closer to... the ideology of washington, jefferson, franklin... or lenin, stalin, mao?

I can't help that you were taught a flawed premise. A scale goes from less to more... no govt to authoritarian control.

The fact that you can't grasp that is no surprise me... propaganda and learned beliefs can be very hard for one to challenge. The progressives have tried desperately through the years to distance themselves from the admiration and support of fascism.

But it remains an historical and documented fact.

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You really should read more about your favorite target, Margaret Sanger.  Her treasurer was none other than Prescott Bush.  

Going to war without cause is not progressive. Torturing people is not progressive. The Bushes are fascists and, as you must know, were allied with Nazi Germany.

See woodrow wilson: Our entry into wwI and his policies to suppress dissent... including the media. Nazis largely adopted much of that. Fdr had many in his administration that spoke admiringly of fascism... saw it as an improved progressivism.

It's worrisome that you can see one thing clearly... and ignore another thing completely. It's not normal.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Going to war without cause is not progressive.  Torturing people is not progressive.  The Bushes are fascists and, as you must know, were allied with Nazi Germany.  

See woodrow wilson: Our entry into wwI and his policies to suppress dissent... including the media. Nazis largely adopted much of that. Fdr had many in his administration that spoke admiringly of fascism... saw it as an improved progressivism.

It's worrisome that you can see one thing clearly... and ignore another thing completely. It's not normal.

If you have something by Wilson or Roosevelt, by all means present it. Otherwise you're just spitting in the wind and wasting everyone's time...and thanks for your concern; I'm sure it's sincere.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
There is no "Cloward-Piven Strategy".  It's a fabrication of some right-wing lunatics that was picked up by Glenn Beck when he had a gig on FOX.  

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

It won't stop other right-wing lunatics from believing such claptrap stuff....

What is there in my post which is NOT happening?

2seaoat

What is there in my post which is NOT happening?

Americans are not afraid of the Black Panthers, Chicago violence is a direct result of a political war on drugs, and the failures of Iraq squarely belong to those who act as a shill......other than that the rest is just misconception based on limited understanding of economics and the constitution.  I like your posts on drag racing, Nascar, and motorcycles......you are rarely wrong when you are speaking for your beliefs.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What is there in my post which is NOT happening?

Americans are not afraid of the Black Panthers, Chicago violence is a direct result of a political war on drugs, and the failures of Iraq squarely belong to those who act as a shill......other than that the rest is just misconception based on limited understanding of economics and the constitution.  I like your posts on drag racing, Nascar, and motorcycles......you are rarely wrong when you are speaking for your beliefs.

Black Panthers do not exist. The NEW Black Panthers are the ones advocating murder.

Chicago violence is a direct result of a lack of tough police work. If you recall, New York had a similar problem years ago. Mayor Rudy Giuliani took over and cleaned up New York. How did he do that?

How does semi-retired President Obama's failure in Iraq, Iran and with ISIS cause the problems in Chicago?

Thank you for your comment about the NHRA, NASCAR and motorcycles. Terrible wreck at the Daytona Coke Zero 400 this weekend.

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Going to war without cause is not progressive.  Torturing people is not progressive.  The Bushes are fascists and, as you must know, were allied with Nazi Germany.  

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2lyLIGVZS5tT2w5ugpi79N-RFnYyr-8tzVOiMb6LtzbSnRL8G

World War I entered by Woodrow Wilson a progressive Democrat.

World War II entered by Franklin D. Roosevelt a progressive Democrat.

Viet Nam entered by John F. Kennedy a progressive Democrat.

Bosnia and Herzegovina entered by William Clinton a progressive Democrat.

25,000 people in Libya murdered by the most progressive Nobel prize winning Democratic president in the history of this country without Congressional approval (Some pictures of Libyan aftermath provided below)...

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyILgIYYsIqD04-GzutYgb4hEmB_2jO0-NGVmCCKutGDQIFlJz

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFt-iQgCKBcQ4u0Gu1gAyTzkIdsiTIGlyvuU4jfvx8wlvmXB5h

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAsS_o2OX0dXh_8LqzNDCZ1Eb2uHbGQ0kxqPSFNKs9tSU2kPL0

We sometimes wonder how it is that Progressives find it so easy to lie and think nothing of it.  Saul Alinsky. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3yBQzP8LzHwOhKXdznb07Gz5jv0XhQO2Z-_0S9NuFC0exZef3

How is going to war not progressive?

Isn't that list every progressive Democratic president form the last century and this one?

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g-U-rRcny4

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum