Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bernie's Revolutionary Roots

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bernie's Revolutionary Roots Empty Bernie's Revolutionary Roots 7/3/2015, 9:40 am

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/04/us/politics/bernie-sanderss-revolutionary-roots-were-nurtured-in-60s-vermont.html

2seaoat

So you have found your candidate.

If the only choice was between he and hillary... yes.

PkrBum wrote:If the only choice was between he and hillary... yes.

I will write in a vote. I will not come down to a vote on the lesser of two evils.

2seaoat

I could vote for Bernie, but he would not make a good President.  We need somebody who will be a good President.  Sadly, Hillary is the most experienced Presidential candidate I believe ever.......eight years in bed with the President, senate experience, and a whirlwind SOS ride......but it is so hard because Bernie has integrity and believes every word he says.....he just is very wrong on a great many issues, but dead cinch correct on critical issues.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If Hillary's the best we got we have hit rock bottom....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I could vote for Bernie, but he would not make a good President.  We need somebody who will be a good President.  Sadly, Hillary is the most experienced Presidential candidate I believe ever.......eight years in bed with the President, senate experience, and a whirlwind SOS ride......but it is so hard because Bernie has integrity and believes every word he says.....he just is very wrong on a great many issues, but dead cinch correct on critical issues.

Yes, she is the most experienced but experienced in What? She is so establishment I can't stand it. I will vote for her against any GOP nominee but I hope Senator Sanders continues to pull ahead in the polls. He has said he won't run as a third party candidate in the event he doesn't get the nomination on the Democratic ticket. He knows what that would result in and none of us wants to see a GOP in the White House.

I would say Sanders has integrity. His views are clear and his message is being responded to.  Here's a link to his speech/filibuster

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/full-congressional-record-transcript-of-sanders-filibuster

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I could vote for Bernie, but he would not make a good President.  We need somebody who will be a good President.  Sadly, Hillary is the most experienced Presidential candidate I believe ever.......eight years in bed with the President, senate experience, and a whirlwind SOS ride......but it is so hard because Bernie has integrity and believes every word he says.....he just is very wrong on a great many issues, but dead cinch correct on critical issues.

Would you care to elaborate...Why wouldn't he make a good President? Which issues is he "dead wrong" on? Which is he "dead cinch correct" on?

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:

I will write in a vote.  I will not come down to a vote on the lesser of two evils.

Thanks for your help. Why not just stay home?

Markle wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

I will write in a vote.  I will not come down to a vote on the lesser of two evils.

Thanks for your help.  Why not just stay home?

Because it is my privilege to vote as an American and I will. A voter has the option to write in a candidate. As it stands now, that's what I'll be doing.

2seaoat

Would you care to elaborate...Why wouldn't he make a good President? Which issues is he "dead wrong" on? Which is he "dead cinch correct" on?

I have listened to Bernie for about four years on the Thom Hartman show where I believe every Friday he has a segment called lunch with Bernie.  He is right on social security.  He is right on a transaction tax on Wall Street.  He right on making big banks split up and ending their 85 billion of loan guarantees,  He is right on taxing those companies who abandon America,.....there are many more issues.

Where I disagree is he has no understanding on small business constraints when he wants huge increases in the minimum wage.  I believe in longer term increases in minimum wage.....I feel he lacks business experience or compassion for the engine which drives American economic growth.

I think his cuts in the military are good, but sometimes I think he would bring us back to isolationism.  Not a deal killer, but a concern.

The biggest concern I have after listening to him just about every Friday is his impatience, but again I could vote for him.  I just believe Hillary's experience allows us to have someone up to speed from the git go.   I am waiting for what shakes out on the Republican side, but I am not hopeful.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Would you care to elaborate...Why wouldn't he make a good President? Which issues is he "dead wrong" on? Which is he "dead cinch correct" on?

I have listened to Bernie for about four years on the Thom Hartman show where I believe every Friday he has a segment called lunch with Bernie.  He is right on social security.  He is right on a transaction tax on Wall Street.  He right on making big banks split up and ending their 85 billion of loan guarantees,  He is right on taxing those companies who abandon America,.....there are many more issues.

Where I disagree is he has no understanding on small business constraints when he wants huge increases in the minimum wage.  I believe in longer term increases in minimum wage.....I feel he lacks business experience or compassion for the engine which drives American economic growth.

I think his cuts in the military are good, but sometimes I think he would bring us back to isolationism.  Not a deal killer, but a concern.

The biggest concern I have after listening to him just about every Friday is his impatience, but again I could vote for him.  I just believe Hillary's experience allows us to have someone up to speed from the git go.   I am waiting for what shakes out on the Republican side, but I am not hopeful.

What you perceive as impatience, I see as passion. He has a consistent message: the American people have been screwed. It's time to get serious about reviving the middle class. Too much has been stolen (and is being stolen) from us.

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:
Markle wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Thanks for your help.  Why not just stay home?

Because it is my privilege to vote as an American and I will.  A voter has the option to write in a candidate.  As it stands now, that's what I'll be doing.

Good for you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum