Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 10

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows 10 Empty Windows 10 7/2/2015, 5:49 pm

2seaoat

What is the word.  I am being asked to upgrade my windows 8....which is a total piece of crap......Microsoft will just stop supporting anything even if you have purchased a software license which you thought could last at least as long as a car.

2Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/2/2015, 5:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Get a MacBook Air.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-air

3Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/2/2015, 6:04 pm

2seaoat

I had used frontpage 2003 for three business websites.  It had plenty of intuitive tools for a web editor, and yes it was limited, but I am not going to be coding html, nor when I have fooled around with the same did it make any sense, rather it was an effective tool for maintaining business websites......Boom, they pull the plug last year on supporting frontpage and I lose access to my host server which is a windows platform.....fricking nightmare, a simple we will not support frontpage would have sufficed, but they claimed some of the frontpage extensions would compromise server security......total chit, so after a month I get a copy of visual express by microsoft which is a total pc. of chit, and makes websites look like they were designed by your seventh grade nephew in 1998.  Microsoft has lost my trust.

4Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/2/2015, 7:35 pm

boards of FL wrote:Get a MacBook Air.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-air

MacBook! We agree!!!!

Love Pro.

5Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/2/2015, 8:08 pm

2seaoat

I have always found that Apple users are very loyal.  I will at some point need to seriously consider the switch to Apple, but I fear they could go all Microsoft at some point in the future....and then I am right back at square one.

6Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/3/2015, 4:27 pm

Hallmarkgard

Linux Ubuntu

7Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/3/2015, 5:07 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I have always found that Apple users are very loyal.  I will at some point need to seriously consider the switch to Apple, but I fear they could go all Microsoft at some point in the future....and then I am right back at square one.

I still use PCs at work, though I switched to Mac at home a little over 2 years ago. It's like night and day. Now I hate using my PCs at work and would like to switch to Mac there as well. Every now and then I work from home and only use my Macbook Air. At work I have a PC with dual monitors. I'm probably more productive on the Air due to the gesture control on the touch pad, which is something I think many Windows users aren't aware of. The gesture controls on Mac laptops are over-the-top efficient once you get used to using them. I actually prefer a magic track pad now over a mouse in any setting, simply due to the gesture control.

I also switched my parents over to a Mac a little over a year ago. They used to call me fairly often in need of help with their PC. Getting photos from their camera to their PC. Figuring out why it crashes. Updating drivers. Figuring out how to make it work. Etc. etc. I convinced them to switch to an iMac and they hardly ever call anymore in need of help. Everything always works fine for them and the OS is so intuitive that they never need to ask me about anything.

I highly highly recommend switching to a Mac. I used to judge a computer by the numbers on the packing slip tag. Which has more memory? Which has the larger hard drive? Etc. All the while I was ignoring the OS that would orchestrate all of that. That is where many balk when they see Mac specs and prices. "How can they charge that much for that much RAM, and that hard drive?". I used to say the same thing. Trust me, that's not the correct way of looking at it. It's all about the OS and how this piece of technology is going to be incorporated into your daily life and what you need it to do. That sounds cliche, but it's the truth. I'll probably be using this 2012 Macbook Air for another 4 years. And when I upgrade, it won't be due to this thing failing. It will be because Apple will eventually release an Air with a retina display and I'll upgrade simply because of that.

8Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/3/2015, 5:42 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 last August. I won't touch 8 and will likely consider Windows 10 at some point.

Microsoft knows how to roll out the lemons and still stay in business. Windows Millennium (trash), Windows Vista (Trash), Windows 8 (trash). It seems as though every other issue of Windows sucks. I still use it, though.

My Millennial daughter loves her MacBook Pro.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

9Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/4/2015, 7:49 am

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I have always found that Apple users are very loyal.  I will at some point need to seriously consider the switch to Apple, but I fear they could go all Microsoft at some point in the future....and then I am right back at square one.

I still use PCs at work, though I switched to Mac at home a little over 2 years ago.  It's like night and day.  Now I hate using my PCs at work and would like to switch to Mac there as well.  Every now and then I work from home and only use my Macbook Air.  At work I have a PC with dual monitors.  I'm probably more productive on the Air due to the gesture control on the touch pad, which is something I think many Windows users aren't aware of.  The gesture controls on Mac laptops are over-the-top efficient once you get used to using them.  I actually prefer a magic track pad now over a mouse in any setting, simply due to the gesture control.

I also switched my parents over to a Mac a little over a year ago.  They used to call me fairly often in need of help with their PC.  Getting photos from their camera to their PC.  Figuring out why it crashes.  Updating drivers.  Figuring out how to make it work.  Etc. etc.  I convinced them to switch to an iMac and they hardly ever call anymore in need of help.  Everything always works fine for them and the OS is so intuitive that they never need to ask me about anything.  

I highly highly recommend switching to a Mac.  I used to judge a computer by the numbers on the packing slip tag.  Which has more memory?  Which has the larger hard drive?   Etc.  All the while I was ignoring the OS that would orchestrate all of that.  That is where many balk when they see Mac specs and prices.  "How can they charge that much for that much RAM, and that hard drive?".  I used to say the same thing.  Trust me, that's not the correct way of looking at it.  It's all about the OS and how this piece of technology is going to be incorporated into your daily life and what you need it to do.  That sounds cliche, but it's the truth.  I'll probably be using this 2012 Macbook Air for another 4 years.  And when I upgrade, it won't be due to this thing failing.  It will be because Apple will eventually release an Air with a retina display and I'll upgrade simply because of that.

cheers

10Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10 7/4/2015, 9:31 am

Sal

Sal

Do most my work on a MacBook Air.

Also have an iMac that I bought in 2007, I think.

It still operated flawlessly.

Just bought an iPhone 6 Plus about a month ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum