Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Polygamy is next to follow after gay marriage watch and see

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

Any takers on that bet?

2seaoat

Any takers on that bet?

You would have to be familiar with how the equal protection clause of our constitution works.  I really do not think you understand.   First, there must be a compelling state reason to deny an individual fundamental rights, and the supreme court just ruled that the it was a denial of equal protection to deny same sex couples the institution of marriage.

Now when you decide that you will change the number of those involved in a marriage, you are dropping down to the rational basis test of legislation and not the compelling interest standard, and all the state needs to show is that they have a rational basis for the number of people in a marriage.   The courts are far more tolerant of the rationale of a legislative body under this test.....they are far more protective of gender and other immutable characteristics of the individual.....so there will only be polygamy if a legislature rules the same legal....the courts clearly will follow the rational basis test and not interfere.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually the real difference is polygamy is a crime in all 50 states.

And in this case,  the "perversion" is not being committed by the queer lovers but instead by the queer haters.
The only significant example of polygamists (outside of Mormons) are American muslims.  Between 50,000 to 100,000 American Muslims are estimated to live in families with a husband maintaining an illegal polygamous relationship.

Frankly I could care less.  As long as those Muslims don't mess with me they can marry as many people as they want.  And by that I mean humans.  I draw the line with inter-species relationships.  Including camels.  lol

Last edited by Bob on 6/27/2015, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So yes, I'll take that bet.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I have no problem with men having more than one wife so long as they can afford (& stand) them.

But a woman with multiple husbands? Now that's just weird & unnatural!

Polygamy is next to follow after gay marriage watch and see Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyLb35fvsxI1VpihEQyhqX2rS5moNgwXlTge7rqzYqEPYYDc3-

I don't see how it's any of the governments business how people arrange their marriage so long as all involved are mature willing companions. If it's one man with a couple or more wives... or a woman with a couple or more husbands... or two or more husbands sharing two or more wives... or whatever it's their business and the government should honor the wishes of all involved so long as they are all mature willing companions.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqlRcmmyPw

Smile

2seaoat

But a woman with multiple husbands? Now that's just weird & unnatural!

If as a man you have not triggered a woman's desire, than I certainly understand your response.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:Polygamy is next to follow after gay marriage watch and see Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyLb35fvsxI1VpihEQyhqX2rS5moNgwXlTge7rqzYqEPYYDc3-

I don't see how it's any of the governments business how people arrange their marriage so long as all involved are mature willing companions. If it's one man with a couple or more wives... or a woman with a couple or more husbands... or two or more husbands sharing two or more wives... or whatever it's their business and the government should honor the wishes of all involved so long as they are all mature willing companions.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqlRcmmyPw

Oh my God ... we agree. LOL

Smile

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/06/26/politico-mag-roberts-is-right-no-reason-not-to-legalize-polygamy-and-thats-a-good-thing/

The CJOSCOTUS says it is inevitable.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Damaged Eagle wrote:

I don't see how it's any of the governments business how people arrange their marriage so long as all involved are mature willing companions.

Social Security, taxes, immigration benefits, government pensions & health insurance, and a few other things make it the government's business.

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

I don't see how it's any of the governments business how people arrange their marriage so long as all involved are mature willing companions.

Social Security, taxes, immigration benefits, government pensions & health insurance, and a few other things make it the government's business.

Polygamy is next to follow after gay marriage watch and see Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkqbo3aCoD5-n9ISoWhm0glRoFgchMIYFhnOwQaHddnK6kFEWD

They wanted to redefine marriage. They'll just have to deal with the fact that other mature willing companions can not be denied the same right to marriage that that they've now set a precedent on. Otherwise they're violating the 14th Amendment and the Civil Rights Act.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U247FyOWpU

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum