Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

+11
Wordslinger
Floridatexan
Vikingwoman
Sal
gatorfan
polecat
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
boards of FL
nadalfan
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

nadalfan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/26/supreme-court-gay-marriage_n_7470036.html

another great day!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Another great day for Americans! Another terrible day for republicans!

dumpcare

Oh boy, this forum ought to get amusing today.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I should have become a lawyer . So all you old gay guys find you a pretty boy and give him half your stuff.

nadalfan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I should have become a lawyer . So all you old gay guys find you a pretty boy and give him half your stuff.

Huh?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Another great day for Americans!  Another terrible day for republicans!

Reslly?   I'm glad it has been resolved.

polecat

polecat

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Crybabies

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Another great day for Americans!  Another terrible day for republicans!

Reslly?   I'm glad it has been resolved.

Well, the party that you likely vote for down the line of a ballot has been fighting this.

Let's put it this way. This is a bad day for the people that you vote for and the vast majority of those who vote for them.

gatorfan

Maybe you can marry your boyfriend now! Or is it the other way around? In any case, congratulations on your new opportunities. At least you can't reproduce. I know several gay couples, they are great people and have adopted unwanted children that have physical or mental issues. Big hearts and a lot of fun to be around.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:

Maybe you can marry your boyfriend now! Or is it the other way around? In any case, congratulations on your new opportunities. At least you can't reproduce. I know several gay couples, they are great people and have adopted unwanted children that have physical or mental issues. Big hearts and a lot of fun to be around.

One doesn't have to be gay to appreciate what happened today.  I'm a happily married straight male and I'm also happy about this supreme court decision.  People in the LGBT community have suffered at the hand of right-wing religious oppression for far too long.  Today, that ended.  This is reason to celebrate and that is true whether your gay, bi, or straight.  Good is winning while evil is being defeated.  

But putting all of that aside, it says quite a bit about you when you say what you just said in the quote above.  Did you feel that questioning my sexuality would offend me in some way, or did you feel as if you were insulting me?  Of course you did.  Because you're an ignorant homophobe.  

As I said, today is a great day for Americans.  And its a terrible day for the likes of republicans and homophobes such as gatorfan who feel that referring to someone as being gay is an insult.  

Ignorance has been defeated by knowledge and what is right!

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

But putting all of that aside, it says quite a bit about you when you say what you just said in the quote above.  Did you feel that questioning my sexuality would offend me in some way, or did you feel as if you were insulting me?  Of course you did.  Because you're an ignorant homophobe.  

!

Oh I'm not an "ignorant homophobe", I just like watching you dance.

Why did you delete my post in another thread, hit too close to home sport? The truth really bothers you for some reason and I find that very amusing.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

!

Oh I'm not an "ignorant homophobe", I just like watching you dance.

Why did you delete my post in another thread, hit too close to home sport? The truth really bothers you for some reason and I find that very amusing.

I haven't deleted anything. This is simply your way of running away from qualifying your "Obama is lazy" comment. You clearly can't back that up, so rather than concede as much you're now going to pretend as if you answered me but then I deleted it.

Right. And let me guess, you miraculously can't come up with an explanation, can you? You had it and posted it, but now it is forgotten, right?

dumpcare

How many financial benefits are gained for a legally married gay couple? Just wondering if this won't hurt them in the long run.

polecat wrote:Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Crybabies

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmpSXWQTTUqdgHSIVRS_unKu9s7Q9CJQHDwb3b_NtNWnvd4M4Yg

A lawsuit against the government for violating the 14th Amendment and Civil Rights act for granting special privileges to a specific minority group while ignoring other minority groups that desire the same privileges.

*****FART*****
IN ALL PROGRESSIVE's GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpqz3cdVPLM

Smile

nadalfan

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote perhaps the most graceful and moving pros of his career

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/justice-kennedys-beautiful-closing-paragraph-in-same-sex-ruling-is-pure-poetry/

Sal

Sal

Reaction from the wingnutz is as would be expected ....

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Screen11

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Screen12

http://www.redstate.com/2015/06/26/open-thread-supreme-court-discovers-right-homosexual-marriage-greyhound-station-mens-room/

The comments from readers are pure schadenfreude.

Their worlds are caving in on them.

GREAT day for America!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I couldn't care less who marries who. What I would like to see is the govt get out of the business of giving tax breaks and subsidy to being married and those having children. It in effect discriminates/penalizes against being single or not having custody of children.

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:I couldn't care less who marries who. What I would like to see is the govt get out of the business of giving tax breaks and subsidy to being married and those having children.  It in effect discriminates/penalizes against being single or not having custody of children.

You didn't mind it when you were married though,did ya! Waa haa haa!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:I couldn't care less who marries who. What I would like to see is the govt get out of the business of giving tax breaks and subsidy to being married and those having children.  It in effect discriminates/penalizes against being single or not having custody of children.

Right...because parents already get soooooo many breaks in this society.

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide I-can-help-identify-the-problem-youre-a-dumbass

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:
polecat wrote:Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Crybabies

Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmpSXWQTTUqdgHSIVRS_unKu9s7Q9CJQHDwb3b_NtNWnvd4M4Yg

A lawsuit against the government for violating the 14th Amendment and Civil Rights act for granting special privileges to a specific minority group while ignoring other minority groups that desire the same privileges.

*****FART*****
IN ALL PROGRESSIVE's GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpqz3cdVPLM

Smile

Bring it on crybaby. You right wing deficients just can't get enough of losing at the Scotus.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wordslinger, if you could possibly avoid it, please don't quote DE's posts. I have him on "ignore"...and I like it that way. Thanks.

Why should I be forced to subsidize married couples (and now gay couples) and their children?

It's none of my business that their married... right?

I didn't father their kids and it's on top of their education, welfare, foodstamps, housing, and healthcare.

What's in it for me?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Why should I be forced to subsidize married couples (and now gay couples) and their children?

You shouldn't be forced to do that and neither should I.

But get me up to speed, how are you being forced to do that?

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Why should I be forced to subsidize married couples (and now gay couples) and their children?

You shouldn't be forced to do that and neither should I.

But get me up to speed, how are you being forced to do that?

They get tax breaks that we don't.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I used to be a wedding photographer. WHat was that closing line ? Oh yeah ... What God hath joined let no man put assunder. So you really think gods gonna sign off on this ? LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum