Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attack of the 14-year-old black girl, coming to a theater near you!

+3
2seaoat
othershoe1030
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It doesn't get better than this ...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/10/1392052/-Cartoon-Attack-of-the-14-year-old-black-girl?detail=email#

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As a point of information I heard last week that the cop who was seen mishandling the pool party situation had earlier that same day been called out to two suicide calls. One involved a man who shot himself in front of his family and the other had to do with a person who did (or was threatening to) jump off of a roof. According to what I'm reading he was successful in talking the person off of the roof.

I'm posting this because I didn't know if this information had come up previously. I am not usually on the side of the police when they act inappropriately and in this case I would find fault with the procedures the police force is functioning under, namely that it would seem to be in the best interests of the police and the public that an officer who is involved in such high stress incidents as the two suicide calls at least be required to return to the station and fill out some reports before going out on calls again. I suppose staffing requirements play in to this but really we are asking a lot of these people.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:As a point of information I heard last week that the cop who was seen mishandling the pool party situation had earlier that same day been called out to two suicide calls. One involved a man who shot himself in front of his family and the other had to do with a person who did (or was threatening to) jump off of a roof. According to what I'm reading he was successful in talking the person off of the roof.

I'm posting this because I didn't know if this information had come up previously. I am not usually on the side of the police when they act inappropriately and in this case I would find fault with the procedures the police force is functioning under, namely that it would seem to be in the best interests of the police and the public that an officer who is involved in such high stress incidents as the two suicide calls at least be required to return to the station and fill out some reports before going out on calls again. I suppose staffing requirements play in to this but really we are asking a lot of these people.

I saw the story on the incidents this cop had to deal with just prior to the ruckus at the pool. You're right, no doubt he was disturbed at the time of the pool affair. It still doesn't excuse his conduct with the girl -- he's a professional law enforcement officer wearing a gunbelt and with the power of life and death and all that implies. The brutality he displayed against a black teenaged girl cannot be excused.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I completely agree that his behavior was unwarranted. I think it is just another example of policing practices being in need of review and improvement. There needs to be more training, more screening and better procedures so officers and the public are not put in situations that result in undue force and fatal outcomes.

2seaoat

I am impressed with the man giving a timely resignation.  He will be successful in other careers, but police work where you must control your emotions can make a person who is 90% stable make huge mistakes 10% of the time.  You want folks to be screened who can control their  emotions 99% of the time, and there is no such thing as the perfect human being or police officer, but with screening and training we can make vast improvements.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:I completely agree that his behavior was unwarranted. I think it is just another example of policing practices being in need of review and improvement. There needs to be more training, more screening and better procedures so officers and the public are not put in situations that result in undue force and fatal outcomes.

I guess it is easy to turn on and off your emotions and adrenalin. On a side note I would be interested in knowing how the call was dispatched.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes the po widdle policeman resigned with full pension and benefits. Just sad.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I completely agree that his behavior was unwarranted. I think it is just another example of policing practices being in need of review and improvement. There needs to be more training, more screening and better procedures so officers and the public are not put in situations that result in undue force and fatal outcomes.

I guess it is easy to turn on and off your emotions and adrenalin.  On a side note I would be interested in knowing how the call was dispatched.

Then do the research and follow the facts.  It appears you want to justify the cop's unforgivable action against an unarmed, bikini clad 14-year-old black girl.  Why? What in the world would justify the way he manhandled her?  She has no weapon and did not strike at him in the film.  The cop was in the wrong here, and if you want to defend the bastard, you're in the wrong too.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I guess it is easy to turn on and off your emotions and adrenalin.  On a side note I would be interested in knowing how the call was dispatched.

Then do the research and follow the facts.  It appears you want to justify the cop's unforgivable action against an unarmed, bikini clad 14-year-old black girl.  Why?  What in the world would justify the way he manhandled her?  She has no weapon and did not strike at him in the film.  The cop was in the wrong here, and if you want to defend the bastard, you're in the wrong too.

Am I?    Did I defend the cop? Your fortune telling insight is flawed.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I am impressed with the man giving a timely resignation.  He will be successful in other careers, but police work where you must control your emotions can make a person who is 90% stable make huge mistakes 10% of the time.  You want folks to be screened who can control their  emotions 99% of the time, and there is no such thing as the perfect human being or police officer, but with screening and training we can make vast improvements.

I doubt he had much discretion in resigning. The video clearly shows him trying to slam that young girl's head into the sidewalk. I don't care what kind of stress he was under. That behavior is unacceptable...period.

If that was my daughter... one of those other cops would've shot me while I pounded his face.

2seaoat

f that was my daughter... one of those other cops would've shot me while I pounded his face.

I agree.  However, nobody is making excuses for the officer, I am just pointing out that as wrong as his behavior was, he did the right thing in a quick resignation.  He admitted he was wrong.  He was.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Now if there were some consequences for assault and battery on a minor. Hummmm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:As a point of information I heard last week that the cop who was seen mishandling the pool party situation had earlier that same day been called out to two suicide calls. One involved a man who shot himself in front of his family and the other had to do with a person who did (or was threatening to) jump off of a roof. According to what I'm reading he was successful in talking the person off of the roof.

I saw the story on the incidents this cop had to deal with just prior to the ruckus at the pool.  You're right, no doubt he was disturbed at the time of the pool affair.  It still doesn't excuse his conduct with the girl -- he's a professional law enforcement officer wearing a gunbelt and with the power of life and death and all that implies.  The brutality he displayed against a black teenaged girl cannot be excused.

It wasn't a "ruckus" it was darn near a riot the police broke up. Uninvited kids were coming from all over to an event. Fights had already broken out and numerous people had called 911.

As you know all she had to do was comply. Problem solved.

The officer was also rushed by at least two guys.

I feel terrible for the cop. He is an excellent officer and said, like I'm sure many others are saying, screw it, if I can't do my job when I'm in danger and no one has my back, let's see how they like slow or no response.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I saw the story on the incidents this cop had to deal with just prior to the ruckus at the pool.  You're right, no doubt he was disturbed at the time of the pool affair.  It still doesn't excuse his conduct with the girl -- he's a professional law enforcement officer wearing a gunbelt and with the power of life and death and all that implies.  The brutality he displayed against a black teenaged girl cannot be excused.

It wasn't a "ruckus" it was darn near a riot the police broke up.  Uninvited kids were coming from all over to an event.  Fights had already broken out and numerous people had called 911.  

As you know all she had to do was comply.  Problem solved.

I feel terrible for the cop.  He is an excellent officer and said, like I'm sure many others are saying, screw it, if I can't do my job when I'm in danger and no one has my back, let's see how they like slow or no response.

Frankly, I don't give a damn if World War III broke out at that pool. Slamming a 14-year-old girl's head into the sidewalk and leaning on her back with your knees is despicable. Fuck that cop and all who defend the bastard. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

It wasn't a "ruckus" it was darn near a riot the police broke up.  Uninvited kids were coming from all over to an event.  Fights had already broken out and numerous people had called 911.  

I feel terrible for the cop.  He is an excellent officer and said, like I'm sure many others are saying, screw it, if I can't do my job when I'm in danger and no one has my back, let's see how they like slow or no response.

Frankly, I don't give a damn if World War III broke out at that pool.  Slamming a 14-year-old girl's head into the sidewalk and leaning on her back with your knees is despicable.  F*** that cop and all who defend the b*****.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

As you know all she had to do was comply. Problem solved.

You're so cute when you get your panties in a knot!

2seaoat

It wasn't a "ruckus" it was darn near a riot the police broke up.

Mr. Markle I have a personal question which you certainly do not have to answer.......Do you have any children?  I would suspect that somebody who has never raised children would make the above statement.  I cannot imagine you as a parent comparing kids at a pool party to a riot, and the kids I saw in the video were young and compliant.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Comply with what ? A raging out of control cop that was causing her pain and tossing her around like a rag doll. Yeah if I saw a girl getting abused like that by some maniac I might step in like those two boys attempted. I guess they should have just let him kill her. Her probably only desire was to keep from getting further damaged or killed. Comply yeah and get a knee in the back and neck and your hair jerked and eat concrete.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Frankly, I don't give a damn if World War III broke out at that pool.  Slamming a 14-year-old girl's head into the sidewalk and leaning on her back with your knees is despicable.  F*** that cop and all who defend the b*****.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

You're so cute when you get your panties in a knot!

Adoring my panties? Sorry Markle, I'm heterosexual.
Try War Hero, I suspect he's strongly latent. How was the girl not complying pray tell?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum