Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans Want to Cut Social Security Benefits and Raise the Retirement Age

+2
2seaoat
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

(This is from my mail...Social Security Works)

"Jeb Bush wants to raise the retirement age – “We need to look over the horizon and begin to phase in, over an extended period of time, going from 65 to 68 or 70.”

Chris Christie would means test, raise the retirement age and cut disability insurance for millions of veterans, children and disabled workers – "The Social Security Disability Trust Fund, without action by Congress, is scheduled to run out of money in 2016. Not some far off time that you don't think is ever going to come. 2016."

Scott Walker isn’t giving details, but he’s using the “b” word – "For far too long, Washington has kicked the can down the road on entitlement programs. Absent significant reforms, these programs will go bankrupt…”

Rand Paul wants to divide Social Security recipients by demonizing Americans living with disabilities – “You know, over half the people on disability are either anxious or their back hurts. Join the club.”

Marco Rubio wants to raise the retirement age and doesn’t seem to know that two-thirds of retirees depend on Social Security for the majority of their income – "Social Security was never designed to be the sole source of retirement income. It was designed to serve as a supplement.”

Ted Cruz is endorsing the George W. Bush model of gambling your Social Security on Wall Street – "Now, I also think you've got to give George W. Bush some real credit—he showed remarkable courage … on Social Security reform and personal accounts. It was the right thing to do…. I think it is transformative to allow younger workers to put a portion of their taxes into a personal account…."

One thing is abundantly clear: virtually every single Republican presidential candidate wants to cut our earned benefits..."

2seaoat

I do not find raising the retirement age to 68 a bad thing as long as early retirement remains at 62.   This would simply be a diminished benefit if somebody chose to retire early.  I also do not have a problem with a means test which makes complete sense, as long as it has only a small impact on the benefits paid.   I do not find a problem with raising the amount where social security is taken from a person from 113k to 250k.   These three simple solutions would be sound actuarial decisions which would bring long term solvency to the system.   We need to act in the next year.

However, if these things are done, I want to see ten percent cuts in the Defense budget over the next five years.  I want to see a ten percent cut in farm subsidies in the next five years.   I want to see a ten percent cut in loan guarantees for the too big to fail banks over the next five years.  I want to see a three percent sales tax and medicare for all being phased in starting with age sixty for five years, age fifty five in ten years, and age fifty in fifteen years, and age forty five in twenty years where the private sector insurance under the ACA should have premiums drop drastically as the balance of Americans would be younger and healthier.   In twenty years if the three percent could go younger then go for it, but the eligibility for medicare for all would be based on a statutory ceiling of three percent.   To simple ask the least amongst us to sacrifice without improving the lives of most Americans is simply wrong.  Yes, reforms need to be made, and soon rather than later.

Thank goodness someone is at least talking about saving SS.  The GD Congress has kicked the can so far down the road that they can't even see the can anymore.  

Now that we're living much longer there is no reason that the Full Retirement Age can't be pushed back.  Also, it wouldn't hurt if the ceiling on taxing wages was raised or eliminated.

Of course, this wouldn't be necessary if the GD Congress had kept its greedy paws off the SS receipts in the first place.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why didnt the Democraps fix it when they had control of everything?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why does the government tax the crap out of single people?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why do illegals get SS?

Markle

Markle

KarlRove wrote:Why do illegals get SS?

Progressives want more voters.

2seaoat

Progressives want more voters.

You cannot have one stupid comment.....illegals get SS.....without another stupid comment suggesting illegals vote......they are bookends for cold stone stupid.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Progressives want more voters.

You cannot have one stupid comment.....illegals get SS.....without another stupid comment suggesting illegals vote......they are bookends for cold stone stupid.

Are you familiar with the Motor Voter law?

2seaoat

Illegals cannot vote.  Citizens can.  There is NO voter ID fraud statistically.  It was created out of thin air by the same people who created poll taxes and literacy tests.  Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?

Republicans Want to Cut Social Security Benefits and Raise the Retirement Age Laughi11

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Today at 6:17 pm
Illegals cannot vote. Citizens can. There is NO voter ID fraud statistically. It was created out of thin air by the same people who created poll taxes and literacy tests. Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?
-----
Illegals can and do vote

2seaoat

Illegals can and do vote

Nope.  An illegal faces a felony and deportation for voting.  Statistically, there is about as much chance of an Illegal voting as getting struck by lightening.  Sorry, the poll tax and literacy tests are not going to be reinstated with your hocus pocus.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Illegals cannot vote.  Citizens can.  There is NO voter ID fraud statistically.  It was created out of thin air by the same people who created poll taxes and literacy tests.  Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?

Like I said, are you familiar with the motor voter law? It was passed, having been pushed strongly and for many years by...Cloward and Piven. As you know, some states are giving drivers licenses to illegal aliens. All one has to do is check a box, and they are registered to vote when they get a drivers license.

Of course, no one would lie about being a citizen in order to vote would they?

As you know too, there has been voter registration fraud in many states. Once a ballot is cast, how does anyone know if the vote was fraudulent? If, as is wished by Hillary Clinton, for whatever reason, TWENTY DAYS are allowed for voting, conceivably anyone could travel, by bus perhaps, to twenty states to cast a vote. Who and how would anyone know?

2seaoat

Again, statistically the chances of an Illegal voting in an election is the same as getting struck by lightening.  The Iowa attorney general who claimed your absurd argument audited four million ballots and spent millions and found 10 violations(none illegals) a handful of felons, and a mother who filled out a ballot when her daughter was away at school, stop lying Mr. Markle.....there is NO issue on voting identity.....none, and just because you checked a box on your drivers license for organ donations does not mean you will get a knife and cut out your kidney.......but then again with your logic, I hope you did not check the box for an organ donation.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Will semi-demented poster Markle ever give up on that Cloward/Piven crapola? Does a wingnut shit in the woods?

Republicans Want to Cut Social Security Benefits and Raise the Retirement Age Glenn-beck_cloward_and_piven

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Will semi-demented poster Markle ever give up on that Cloward/Piven crapola? Does a wingnut shit in the woods?

Republicans Want to Cut Social Security Benefits and Raise the Retirement Age Glenn-beck_cloward_and_piven

Will Obama stop trying to take away our guns?

2seaoat

Will Obama stop trying to take away our guns?

He has not touched mine.....however folks with deep psychological problems.....hear that knock on your door.......its either the government wanting to take your gun away because your whacked, or it is ISIS wanting to kill everybody.......I checked my drivers license.....so I can vote.....your whacked.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Will Obama stop trying to take away our guns?

He has not touched mine.....however folks with deep psychological problems.....hear that knock on your door.......its either the government wanting to take your gun away because your whacked, or it is ISIS wanting to kill everybody.......I checked my drivers license.....so I can vote.....your whacked.

He hasn't touched them, but that doesn't mean he won't try and write some BS executive order to do so. He's tried twice by my count and he still has 18 months left. It should be interesting how much more he wants to wreck the country before he leaves office.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Again, statistically the chances of an Illegal voting in an election is the same as getting struck by lightening.  The Iowa attorney general who claimed your absurd argument audited four million ballots and spent millions and found 10 violations(none illegals) a handful of felons, and a mother who filled out a ballot when her daughter was away at school, stop lying Mr. Markle.....there is NO issue on voting identity.....none, and just because you checked a box on your drivers license for organ donations does not mean you will get a knife and cut out your kidney.......but then again with your logic, I hope you did not check the box for an organ donation.

It is great that you and other far left Progressives are in such a tiny minority among American voters.

"A new poll by Rasmussen Reports finds that a strong majority still favors a requirement for voters to show a photo ID before being allowed to vote.

Following several years of similar results, the June poll finds that Americans overwhelmingly support Voter ID laws.

Rasmussen found that 76 percent of respondents favor voter ID laws and even a majority of Democrats, 58 percent, agree that voter ID is a good idea.

The new poll hews closely to last year’s findings that fully 78 percent favored proof of citizenship before being allowed to vote.

Voter ID laws have been a particular target of derision among Democrats and liberals, but with numbers like this it appears that they have not yet won over the American populace to rejecting Voter ID laws."

The new survey of 952 “Likely Voters” was conducted by Rasmussen Reports on May 27-28, 2015.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Will semi-demented poster Markle ever give up on that Cloward/Piven crapola? Does a wingnut shit in the woods?

Why are you so afraid to post the essentials off the Cloward-Piven Strategy and how it differs from what is happening in America due to the policies of semi-retired President Obama?

Come on my good friend, step up and show your courage!

Or...lack thereof.

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......if you really want a voter id, start with automating voter registration where when a voter is registered his photo is taken and his information is put in the database and a id card is printed and immediately given to the registered voter.  This is done for FREE.  All the required registration information would stay the same.   On election day a person comes to the poll says his or her name, they call up the name on the database and it shows the voters photo, and the poll asks a simple question.....is that you.    If you want an id is not the voter identified.   Would you support this system?   It is a yes or no answer.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......if you really want a voter id, start with automating voter registration where when a voter is registered his photo is taken and his information is put in the database and a id card is printed and immediately given to the registered voter.  This is done for FREE.  All the required registration information would stay the same.   On election day a person comes to the poll says his or her name, they call up the name on the database and it shows the voters photo, and the poll asks a simple question.....is that you.    If you want an id is not the voter identified.   Would you support this system?   It is a yes or no answer.

As you know, we already have a national motor voter law pushed by Cloward and Piven.

All we need is a photo ID when voting.

2seaoat

I have never shown a photo id in my voting life.   Once information is collected by the voter registration people you are eligible to vote.  If they simply took a picture of the registrant and it was on the rolls.......they would have the photo....it would be free and everybody can vote.   My question is a simple yes or no answer, would you support this system.

Markle

Markle

if you've voted in Florida, you've shown a photo ID or voted absentee. If you do not have a photo ID you vote a provisional ballot. Then, if the election is so close the provisional ballots could make a difference, they are counted.

Last edited by Markle on 6/7/2015, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum