Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal?

+5
Sal
othershoe1030
2seaoat
KarlRove
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal?

POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I do not like Hillary one bit. I voted for Bill twice and overall think he did a pretty good job but now I think they've gone off the rails. It is sad that there is no real challenge to her nomination. Then again Obama was a long shot too, right? We'll see how Bernie Sanders does. He's raised a decent and surprising amount of money and his message is consistent.

Here's a snippet from one take about the foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation. There were so many examples of self-serving deals in the article I just picked one. As a balance it would be useful to see what good deeds, if any, the Foundation has done. The writer of this article had no interest in presenting anything but the bad stuff, which is okay as far as it goes. It is this underhanded dealing that may sink her candidacy, as it should.

I mean really, how can you promise to disclose all foreign donations and then have to refile FIVE YEARS worth of tax returns because, oops, you overlooked tens of millions, really? Are people just going to forget this sort of thing?

But business is business, and the Clintons have apparently never met a dictator they couldn't do business with. The examples abound, from every corner of the world reachable by private jet.  For instance in the "house of horrors" known as the Democratic Republic of Congo [DRC]:

Former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo has worked with the Clinton Global Initiative as a partner….  In October 2011 he was a member of an official State Department delegation to Sudan. The following month he joined forces with a Hillary presidential campaign bundler named Kase Lawal on a $10 million venture to transport 4.5 tons of gold out of the Democratic Republic of Congo. According to a UN report, the deal involved some of the most notorious war criminals on the planet, including "individuals operating in [DRC] and committing serious violations of international law involving the targeting of children or women.

The warlord, Bosco Ntaganda, "belongs near the top of the list" of "nefarious criminal leaders in Africa." But the Clintons had hugely profitable deals in other "houses of horror," such as Sudan, Ethiopia, and Nigeria.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/the_hillbilly_cash_pump.html#ixzz3ZYK4COSt
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Two points;

Number one, I am also not a Hillary fan and do not relish the thought of another Clinton presidency.

I will have to admit, however, Hillary's recent comments regarding immigration, America's wealth gap, and criminal justice reform are very encouraging.

Number two, anything you read from the American Thinker should be taken with a pillar of salt.

Strike that.

Anything written by the American Thinker should not be read at all.

It would be generous to say they are not a credible source.

Why not do yourself a favor and show everyone what was not true in the article you denigrate in the American Thinker. That would be effective, your whining is not.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:I do not like Hillary one bit. I voted for Bill twice and overall think he did a pretty good job but now I think they've gone off the rails. It is sad that there is no real challenge to her nomination. Then again Obama was a long shot too, right? We'll see how Bernie Sanders does. He's raised a decent and surprising amount of money and his message is consistent.

Here's a snippet from one take about the foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation. There were so many examples of self-serving deals in the article I just picked one. As a balance it would be useful to see what good deeds, if any, the Foundation has done. The writer of this article had no interest in presenting anything but the bad stuff, which is okay as far as it goes. It is this underhanded dealing that may sink her candidacy, as it should.

I mean really, how can you promise to disclose all foreign donations and then have to refile FIVE YEARS worth of tax returns because, oops, you overlooked tens of millions, really? Are people just going to forget this sort of thing?

But business is business, and the Clintons have apparently never met a dictator they couldn't do business with. The examples abound, from every corner of the world reachable by private jet.  For instance in the "house of horrors" known as the Democratic Republic of Congo [DRC]:

Former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo has worked with the Clinton Global Initiative as a partner….  In October 2011 he was a member of an official State Department delegation to Sudan. The following month he joined forces with a Hillary presidential campaign bundler named Kase Lawal on a $10 million venture to transport 4.5 tons of gold out of the Democratic Republic of Congo. According to a UN report, the deal involved some of the most notorious war criminals on the planet, including "individuals operating in [DRC] and committing serious violations of international law involving the targeting of children or women.

The warlord, Bosco Ntaganda, "belongs near the top of the list" of "nefarious criminal leaders in Africa." But the Clintons had hugely profitable deals in other "houses of horror," such as Sudan, Ethiopia, and Nigeria.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/the_hillbilly_cash_pump.html#ixzz3ZYK4COSt
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

There is a Real Challenge to her nomination and his name is Bernie Sanders!

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

That really was a wild moment when Reid admitted he lied!

That story linked has him refusing to admit that he lied.  Where and when did he admit that he lied?

Why is it that Progressives refuse to do one iota of research before making statements? Is it intended ignorance? This was all over the news when Harry Reid gave the interview about his lying. He is proud of his lies. But you are a great foil.

Harry Reid is proud he lied about Mitt Romney's taxes

By Ashe Schow | March 31, 2015 | 11:11 am

Harry Reid, D-Nev. has no regrets about his 2012 claims that then presidential candidate Mitt Romney paid no taxes for 10 years.

The outgoing Senate Minority Leader even bragged to CNN that the comments, which had been described as McCarthyism, helped keep Romney from winning the election.

"They can call it whatever they want. Romney didn't win did he?" Reid said during a wide-ranging interview.

So, in Reid's world, it is perfectly acceptable to make a defamatory charge against an opponent to damage his campaign.

Reid first made the accusation against the former Massachusetts governor in a 2012 interview with the Huffington Post. At the time, Reid claimed that a Bain Capital investor told him Romney didn't pay taxes for the previous 10 years. This, Reid claimed, was why Romney hadn't released his tax returns.

A few days after the HuffPo interview, Reid made the same charge on the Senate floor, this time claiming as fact that Romney paid no taxes.

"As we know, he has refused to release his tax returns. If a person coming before this body wanted to be a Cabinet officer, he couldn't be if he had the same refusal Mitt Romney does about tax returns," Reid said. "So the word is out that he has not paid any taxes for 10 years. Let him prove he has paid taxes, because he has not."

Even though Reid made a slanderous statement that Romney had in fact paid not taxes, without mentioning anything about his Bain source or skepticism, he cannot be sued for that particular statement. Article I, Section 6 of the Constitution states that members of Congress shall "be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place." The only exceptions to this rule are for treason, felonies and "breach of the peace."

After his floor speech, Reid made the claim again, except this time he again cited his "extremely credible source" for the accusation.

So when Reid directly accused Romney of being a tax dodge, he did so from the safety of the Senate floor. Outside the protection of legislative immunity, Romney was only possibly a tax dodge.

Not only does Reid not think he did anything wrong, he's actually proud that his lies might have helped cost Romney the election.

Note: The Washington Post's fact checker gave Reid "4 Pinocchios" for his claims. PolitiFact gave the claim a "pants on fire" rating.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

There is a Real Challenge to her nomination and his name is Bernie Sanders!

POLL:  What is the truth about the Clinton Global Inititiative scandal? - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink

2seaoat

Bernie Sander's ideas and values are closer to the American middle class than poor Mr. Markle understands.....he thinks Americans like the country being stolen, and will not be able to understand Uncle Bernie's message....they get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum