Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winston accuser will now cost herself a LOT of money

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jameis-winston-sued-in-civil-court-over-alleged-sexual-assault/ar-AAb7kg5

I think everyone here KNEW this case would get to this point. Personally, I think she shot herself in foot taking this to court before he signed his contract. This looming over his head will impact the signing bonus and everything else in his first contract signed by an NFL team. Even as an ardent Nole fan, I no longer think the Bucs take him as number one pick.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

KarlRove wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jameis-winston-sued-in-civil-court-over-alleged-sexual-assault/ar-AAb7kg5

I think everyone here KNEW this case would get to this point.  Personally, I think she shot herself in foot taking this to court before he signed his contract. This looming over his head will impact the signing bonus and everything else in his first contract signed by an NFL team. Even as an ardent Nole fan, I no longer think the Bucs take him as number one pick.

From the comment section.....
"The behavior of the victim after the alleged rape is extremely questionable. I don't think the average woman after an alleged rape is going to jump on the back of a rapist scooter and let him take her home with her arms wrapped around him. Perhaps, we can give her the benefit of doubt and say she was in shock.

Neither do I think a woman raped by a rapist would attend a football game immediately after the alleged rape wearing the rapist football jersey with his number cheering him on in front of her friends. Perhaps, she was still in shock.

I also don't think after an alleged rape the victim would give a totally inaccurate physical description of the alleged rape suspect to police such as the rapist being 5 ft 7 in. Jameis Winston is 6 ft 4 in. Perhaps, she was in shock when she first reported the alleged rape.

The bottom line is that the actions of the alleged rape victim and her lawyer has been centered around the events of Jameis Winston such as the Heisman's Awards ceremony when she and her attorneys made headlines. Here they are again making the headlines and filing a lawsuit right around the time of the NFL draft. I am sure they are seeking justice along with a cash payout.

Perhaps, Jameis Winston's lawyer is smart enough to let this play out in civil court versus offering a settlement to end the drama. No evidence so far presented by any of the authorities found Winston guilty of anything. The civil court's end result will be the same. I would let it play out in a court of law."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Another comment.......
I warn everyone that has called him a rapist to really look at the testimonies from her friends. It was her idea to crash a football party. her friends stated for those who don't know, she wanted to stay but he and the other players told her she had to go. That was not just the statement of events from the players, but also her friends that were with her. She bragged about hooking up with a football player that night. I am against raping anyone. This sounds more like bad judgment and embarrassment than rape.

2seaoat

I would let it play out in a court of law."
Really? Nothing like rolling the dice. What if after a civil trial facts are disclosed which prove he raped this woman under the civil standard....more likely than not......do you think the NFL is just going to say....by golly keep playing. An out of court settlement is the smart course, with an American Airline gag order on disclosure of the settlement.

KarlRove

KarlRove

I think something happened. It wasn't rape, but in our society women get the benefit of the doubt 9 times of 10. It's funny this story wasn't a story until Jameis and the Noles rolled through Clemson undefeated in their title year. She got what the younger folks call jungle love and then regretted it I think. It's sad. I dated an African American lady many years ago. We paid a serious price for it. Today's kids think they are being cool by doing so. They don't know the price others paid to get to this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum