Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Judge Judy earns $45 mil per year?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-extends-judge-judy-sheindlin-778553

That's more than the Cavs pay Lebron AND Kevin Love. That's more than Roger Goodell earns for being the NFL commissioner.

boards of FL wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-extends-judge-judy-sheindlin-778553

That's more than the Cavs pay Lebron AND Kevin Love.  That's more than Roger Goodell earns for being the NFL commissioner.  

Not that I watch, but she's an entertainer, similar to BB players. What they are paid is a function of their ability to perform.  BTW - the $45M/year was her "old" contract rate. No word (in the article) of what her new contract rate will be.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't think there's any doubt that Judge Judy's contribution to society is equal to that of 1100 Florida schoolteachers all put together. So she should receive compensation equivalent to the salaries of 1100 schoolteachers which she is now getting.

2seaoat

She does more damage by not even attempting to pretend the law is being followed. No wonder many folks here have such misconceptions. It is entertainment. Just very bad entertainment. I do like her attitude. She has cranky down pat.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:She does more damage by not even attempting to pretend the law is being followed.  No wonder many folks here have such misconceptions.  It is entertainment.   Just very bad entertainment.  I do like her attitude.  She has cranky down pat.

She is an entertainer....

Bob wrote:I don't think there's any doubt that Judge Judy's contribution to society is equal to that of 1100 Florida schoolteachers all put together.  So she should receive compensation equivalent to the salaries of 1100 schoolteachers which she is now getting.

My comment was not intended to condone or support her "outrageous" salary any more than I would support the "outrageous" salaries of athletes, whose professional talent is, in many cases, the expert manipulation of a ball. It is what it is and I doubt there will be any parity when it comes to the salaries of entertainers vs the salaries of folks who provide a truly valuable service.  

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

colaguy wrote:

My comment was not intended to condone or support her "outrageous" salary any more than I would support the "outrageous" salaries of athletes, whose professional talent is, in many cases, the expert manipulation of a ball. It is what it is and I doubt there will be any parity when it comes to the salaries of entertainers vs the salaries of folks who provide a truly valuable service.  

Very well stated IMO and I couldn't agree more.

But I will add this.
When the compensation paid to entertainment or sports celebrities comes solely from box office, I don't begrudge them a dime.

It's when corporate sponsorships foot much or most of the tab is when I get a little torqued. That's because we all have to pay for that with the increased price of corporate products/services EVEN when we don't give a shit about the celebrity (entertainment or sports) and wouldn't pay a dime to watch it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum