Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama Says He Even Loves America's Idiots

+3
nadalfan
2seaoat
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/obama-says-even-loves-americas-idiots?mbid=nl_Borowitz%20(4)&CNDID=14244234&spMailingID=7525061&spUserID=MjczNzc0NjczNjMS1&spJobID=622094953&spReportId=NjIyMDk0OTUzS0

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In his weekly radio address, President Barack Obama reaffirmed his love of country, telling the nation, “I love America—even its idiots.”

Expanding on this theme, the President said, “America is made up of all kinds of people: young and old, weak and strong, smart and dumb. And when the really dumb ones get up and act like total clowns, I still love them, because they are part of America. In fact, a really big part.”

In a call for unity, the President concluded, “Let’s all work together for the United States of America. And if that means putting aside our differences—including our sometimes vast differences in intelligence—so be it.”

2seaoat

And if that means putting aside our differences—including our sometimes vast differences in intelligence—so be it.”

Spike the ball again.....because they will underestimate you again, and you will continue to score.  Brains, trains, and airplanes do get you somewhere.

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

nadalfan

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/obama-says-even-loves-americas-idiots?mbid=nl_Borowitz%20(4)&CNDID=14244234&spMailingID=7525061&spUserID=MjczNzc0NjczNjMS1&spJobID=622094953&spReportId=NjIyMDk0OTUzS0

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In his weekly radio address, President Barack Obama reaffirmed his love of country, telling the nation, “I love America—even its idiots.”

Expanding on this theme, the President said, “America is made up of all kinds of people: young and old, weak and strong, smart and dumb. And when the really dumb ones get up and act like total clowns, I still love them, because they are part of America. In fact, a really big part.”

In a call for unity, the President concluded, “Let’s all work together for the United States of America. And if that means putting aside our differences—including our sometimes vast differences in intelligence—so be it.”

lol, don't you know he wishes he could really say that!

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

True, true, true, true, and completely accurate.

Irks ya?

Markle

Markle

OF COURSE semi-retired President Obama loves stupid people. How else could he have been elected and crammed ObamaCare up the...throats of Americans.

Lest you for got what this administration said about those who support ObamaCare.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Sal Yesterday at 11:18 pm
PkrBum wrote:

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Irks ya?
----
Completely accurate? Your butt buddy word doesn't think so

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:by Sal Yesterday at 11:18 pm
PkrBum wrote:

Irks ya?
----

Let me speak for myself; the above statement doesn't go far enough in describing all you batshit crazy, racist, right wing whacko Jesus freaking, insecure, reactionary whiners. Keep that in mind when you think of me sweetheart.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/us/jonathan-gruber-of-mit-regrets-arrogance-on-health-law.html?_r=0

"...Testifying on Tuesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Dr. Gruber said: “I behaved badly, and I will have to live with that, but my own inexcusable arrogance is not a flaw in the Affordable Care Act. The A.C.A. is a milestone accomplishment for our nation that already has provided millions of Americans with health insurance.”

“I made a series of statements that were really just inexcusable,” Dr. Gruber said toward the end of the four-hour hearing.

“It is never appropriate to try to make oneself seem more important or smarter by demeaning others,” he also said. “I know better. I knew better. I am embarrassed, and I am sorry.”

[...]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/us/jonathan-gruber-of-mit-regrets-arrogance-on-health-law.html?_r=0

"...Testifying on Tuesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Dr. Gruber said: “I behaved badly, and I will have to live with that, but my own inexcusable arrogance is not a flaw in the Affordable Care Act. The A.C.A. is a milestone accomplishment for our nation that already has provided millions of Americans with health insurance.”

“I made a series of statements that were really just inexcusable,” Dr. Gruber said toward the end of the four-hour hearing.

“It is never appropriate to try to make oneself seem more important or smarter by demeaning others,” he also said. “I know better. I knew better. I am embarrassed, and I am sorry.”

[...]

The smartest thing Giuliani can do now (other than leap off the top of the Chrysler Building) is repeat, with all the sincerity he's capable of mustering, the last paragraph of your comment above: "It is NEVER appropriate to try to make oneself seem more important or smarter by demeaning others."

KarlRove

KarlRove

by KarlRove Today at 9:55 am
PkrBum wrote:

Irks ya?
----
by Wordslinger Today at 12:20 pm
KarlRove wrote:

PkrBum wrote:

Irks ya?
----

Let me speak for myself; the above statement doesn't go far enough in describing all you batshit crazy, racist, right wing whacko Jesus freaking, insecure, reactionary whiners. Keep that in mind when you think of me sweetheart.
-----
Lakeview must have let you out prematurely

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:by KarlRove Today at 9:55 am
PkrBum wrote:

Irks ya?
----
by Wordslinger Today at 12:20 pm
KarlRove wrote:

PkrBum wrote:

Irks ya?
----

-----
Lakeview must have let you out prematurely

Listen up booby; Obama may love you, but he's far more gracious than I.
Guys like you remind me of everything I don't like about America -- stupidity, religious arrogance, ignorance of facts, overt racism, and an argumentative aggressiveness inherent in most southern rednecks who are deeply insecure about their identities, sexual orientation, and lack of status. Still, considering how you and your peers have been exploited, abused and victimized by an American foreign policy dictated by profit oriented corporate campaign donors, I'd cut you some slack. Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

You seem to be naming off everything that you worry about in regard to yourself

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

[...]

Very good that you would specifically point out that Jonathan Gruber never even made an effort to recant what he said numerous times, only that he is sorry he got caught in his honesty.

Simply because a statement is "inexcusable" does not make it untrue.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What is hilarious is that you Reich-wing jerks picked up his statement and ran with it...and now it's in the queue with the other non-scandals you've tried to advance against the President since day one. Read it again. He wasn't "the architect" of Obamacare, as some of your more whacked out pundits have claimed...and that was an apology, if you're too stupid to notice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum