Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

70 years ago these folks were in Hell and came home and were quiet....had to pry it out of them

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/striking-images-from-the-battle-of-iwo-jima-70th-anniversary/ss-BBhIV5V#image=28

I have told the story about working in a car dealership and myself and the sales manager closing up one night at 9pm when he just for some reason opened up to me about Iwo Jima.....in the three years I had known him he never once mentioned that he had served or was in the war......what he told me that evening and his physical reaction to talking about the same has lasted a lifetime for me. He was an eighteen year old kid thrown into hell.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I had a friend at the YMCA who I had known for several years...turns out he was a Tuskegee airman. I never knew it until I saw his pic in the PNJ a few years ago. Can you imagine coming back from war and facing the kind of discrimination that was prevalent in the late '40's?

70 years ago these folks were in Hell and came home and were quiet....had to pry it out of them Tuskegee-airmen

http://www.history.com/news/the-tuskegee-airmen-5-fascinating-facts

2seaoat

It was a remarkable time in 1950 America with so many citizens who sacrificed so much for this nation made real changes. The march for equality in the sexes and minorities grew from that sacrifice. The push for progressive tax rates which spread the sacrifices among those who profit typically from war and seldom make the sacrifices suddenly were paying their fair share.

But as the mass sacrifice dimmed, and the wars of opportunity began, the very MIC which Ike warned us grew, the progressive rates of taxation were shelved, and the volunteers for the MIC ventures were all but ignored, as the fallacy of prosperity and war caused further destruction of tax rates, more systemic injustice, and forces wanting to return to inequality. The traitors cannot hide when the patriots have made the sacrifices.....the greatest generation was all of that and more.

knothead

knothead

Truly the Greatest Generation . . . . . I remain in awe of the feats of the soldiers during WW II . . . . . true sacrifice . . . . . hell they could have all come home and complained but they had their shoulders back and head up. Amazing!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum