Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It only took 20 years to change the world

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know many of you saw the Super Bowl ad. But this gives you a little more than you saw in the ad.

2seaoat

My children a year before this interview understood the internet, played and communicated on the internet with a slow modem. News readers used to have a path to knowledge which involved writing and understanding news......Katie was the start of the demise of content based news, which was replaced by celebrity and self promotion of network entertainment. These ads are not funny. When watching Fox News and even Ed Shultz, I am shocked at how little knowledge these folks have......they are shills......selling ideology. The days of content driven news delivered by folks who actually understood much of the same died about the same time these tapes began having folks like Matt and Katie getting ratings.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I would not want to go back to the age before the Internet, except to tell people what they could look forward to.

I didn't go online until 1997, but after I did that first time, I only looked at doing it more.

I sometimes day dream about going back to about 1969 and telling my parents about what the modern age was like.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

The advent of the internet was much more difficult than the continuing innovation in energy technology.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I got on eBay in 97. Before that I used the internet only to read a vintage arcade game buy and sell "newsgroup" on Usenet.
And before that, a friend and I got on a bulletin board called "Sportsnet" to buy/sell baseball cards. That was in 1990.

Who remembers Usenet and "newsgroups"? For those who don't, that was the first example of "social media/internet message boards."

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I got on eBay in 97.  Before that I used the internet only to read a vintage arcade game buy and sell "newsgroup" on Usenet.
And before that,  a friend and I got on a bulletin board called "Sportsnet" to buy/sell baseball cards.  That was in 1990.

Who remembers Usenet and "newsgroups"?  For those who don't,  that was the first example of "social media/internet message boards."

The Internet is wonderful. Thank God Al Gore invented it.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum