Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kilmer and Christian Science beliefs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My first crush in junior high was with this beatutiful girl who was raised under the Christian Science religion. There were the usual whispers about her beliefs, but when I was dancing with this girl......the last thing I was thinking about was religion......This religion is still viable and alive in America.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/val-kilmers-religion-is-reportedly-getting-in-the-way-of-his-treatment/ar-AA8UbJ8

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This makes me so sad. I just said the final goodbye to a friend who had the same condition. But on another level, I witnessed this...hysteria...in 1968, at the funeral of my boyfriend, who committed suicide. I was 18; he was 19. His mother was a "reader" in the Christian Science faith. I was ushered into the family room, where I was the ONLY one crying; all the rest of them were smiling. It made me sick and still does to this day.

2seaoat

Candy was this beautiful intelligent straight A student who happened to be a Christian Science follower. We had about twenty students in my Junior High and they were all great students, and in her case knock out beautiful. She moved away my Soph in high school year where our class was 700 people, and I never knew where she went or what she became.....on reunions nobody knew a thing....she simply disappeared. We had a reading room in our community, and a very active Christian Science community in the sixties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum