Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why aren't Christians Communists? Jesus Was!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Really, by advocating that people should share everything, and give away their stuff to people who might need it more ... Jesus was fulfilling the promise of communism. So why aren't Christians Communists?

https://thesuperstitiousnakedape.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/why-wont-christians-follow-jesus/

I want to know where Jesus advocated capitalism ....

Anyone?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2 Thess. 3:6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teachinga you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:2 Thess. 3:6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teachinga you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

Teo, I must be missing something here ...Doesn't "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat," support communists and not capitalists? It could be applied to mean rich fucks who only make money from money shouldn't be allowed to eat, not while the rest of us have to work hard for a living. No?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:Really, by advocating that people should share everything, and give away their stuff to people who might need it more ... Jesus was fulfilling the promise of communism.   So why aren't Christians Communists?  

https://thesuperstitiousnakedape.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/why-wont-christians-follow-jesus/

I want to know where Jesus advocated capitalism ....

Anyone?

Wrong answer.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:

Teo, I must be missing something here ...Doesn't "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat," support communists and not capitalists?  It could be applied to mean rich fucks who only make money from money shouldn't be allowed to eat, not while the rest of us have to work hard for a living.  No?

I never heard Jesus tell anyone that they couldn't be rich.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Teo, I must be missing something here ...Doesn't "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat," support communists and not capitalists?  It could be applied to mean rich fucks who only make money from money shouldn't be allowed to eat, not while the rest of us have to work hard for a living.  No?

No you didn't. You never heard Jesus say anything. Actually there are several places in the Bible where Jesus and/or God alleges that the rich will find it considerably harder than poor people to enter heaven.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

No you didn't.  You never heard Jesus say anything. Actually there are several places in the Bible where Jesus and/or God alleges that the rich will find it considerably harder than poor people to enter heaven.

He speaks to the rich man who asks what it would take to enter the kingdom of heaven. Go read it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum