Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yesterday We Gave $490,000,000 To Iran - Huh? How's That Suppose To Diffuse Their Nuke Program?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Obama administration on Wednesday (1/21/15) paid $490 million in cash assets to Iran and will have released a total of $11.9 billion to the Islamic Republic by the time nuclear talks are scheduled to end in June, according to figures provided by the State Department.

Today’s $490 million release, the third such payment of this amount since Dec. 10, was agreed to by the Obama administration under the parameters of another extension in negotiations over Tehran’s contested nuclear program that was inked in November.

Iran will receive a total of $4.9 billion in unfrozen cash assets via 10 separate payments by the United States through June 22, when talks with Iran are scheduled to end with a final agreement aimed at curbing the country’s nuclear work, according to a State Department official.

Iran received $4.2 billion in similar payments under the 2013 interim agreement with the United States and was then given another $2.8 billion by the Obama administration last year in a bid to keep Iran committed to the talks through November, when negotiators parted ways without reaching an agreement.

Sal

Sal

It's their money.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The money you quote was Iran's money that our sanctions had frozen.

It wasn't our money.

Obama is easing our pressure on Iran to help achieve an environment that will be productive to our objective of negotiating a non-nuclear weapons treaty with Iran.

By the way, thus far Iran has demonstrated its opposition to Isis and has sent forces that have confronted Isis fighters in Iraq.

The night of the State of the Union speech, Chris Matthews commented about the republicans ... they want to war against Isis, al Queda, Boko Horam, and to save Yemen, and to war against Iran. The republicans seem to like wars, and to ignore the costs.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Colaguy: Consider this -- Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran are among the most powerful Islamic nations in the Middle-East.

The real history of U.S. -- Iranian relations suggests that we've been the bad guy. Our CIA helped overthrow Iran's first democratically elected president, and established and enabled the Shah of Iran to dictate to the Iranian people for several decades.

The fall of the Shah (supported by over ninety percent of the Iranian people) and the establishment of the Ayatollah Khomeini as Iran's new leader was followed by the capture of our embassy personnel who were held hostage for several years.

Being opponents of each other since then has been expensive and non-productive for both countries.

Clearly, you republicans want to go to war against Iran. But most of us would rather end the animosity and work together against terrorism in the region.

Reality.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:Colaguy:  Consider this -- Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran are among the most powerful Islamic nations in the Middle-East.

The real history of U.S. -- Iranian relations suggests that we've been the bad guy.  Our CIA helped overthrow Iran's first democratically elected president, and established and enabled the Shah of Iran to dictate to the Iranian people for several decades.

The fall of the Shah (supported by over ninety percent of the Iranian people) and the establishment of the Ayatollah Khomeini as Iran's new leader was followed by the capture of our embassy personnel who were held hostage for several years.

Being opponents of each other since then has been expensive and non-productive for both countries.

Clearly, you republicans want to go to war against Iran.  But most of us would rather end the animosity and work together against terrorism in the region.

Reality.
cheers cheers cheers

Very interesting, historical article on the 1953 turnover of power in Iran. Calls the CIA "involvement" mythology. Seems Iran was standing on it's own feet over oil issues with Great Britain. Always the oil...

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/141527/ray-takeyh/what-really-happened-in-iran

Still reading and reminding myself of the events of the 1979 overthrow of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Appeasers

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

War Monger

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Appeasers

I am sure Bibi Nuttyyahoo will address this when he comes to speak to Congress next month. John Boehner decided to kiss the Israeli PM's ass by inviting him to come speak to the HOR.

My personal opinion is one of the greatest foreign policy triumphs of the Obama administration has been to push back against the hotheads who want to make war on Iran. You can say goodbye to $1.95 gasoline if that war ever begins.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I am sure Bibi Nuttyyahoo will address this when he comes to speak to Congress next month. John Boehner decided to kiss the Israeli PM's ass by inviting him to come speak to the HOR.

My personal opinion is one of the greatest foreign policy triumphs of the Obama administration has been to push back against the hotheads who want to make war on Iran. You can say goodbye to $1.95 gasoline if that war ever begins.

Funny...Obama has attacked more countries than Bush.

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:

Funny...Obama has attacked more countries than Bush.

Appeaser ...

Very Happy

Sal wrote:It's their money.

Seems to me it's part of our leverage.

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

[/quote

You wish...

Is that why Obama has bombed more nations than Bush?

Wordslinger wrote:Colaguy:  Consider this -- Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran are among the most powerful Islamic nations in the Middle-East.

The real history of U.S. -- Iranian relations suggests that we've been the bad guy.  Our CIA helped overthrow Iran's first democratically elected president, and established and enabled the Shah of Iran to dictate to the Iranian people for several decades.

Clearly, you republicans want to go to war against Iran.  But most of us would rather end the animosity and work together against terrorism in the region.

Reality.

There was nothing in my post that clearly indicated my political party affiliation, nor that I am a warmonger.  I will admit to being cautiously skeptical.

Notwithstanding Iran's statement that it denies it has nuclear-weapons ambitions, its stockpile of low enriched uranium — a “nuclear material” by the IAEA’s definition — has gone up during the recent negotiations.

After the recent assassination of Iran's Brigadier General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi, public sentiment was telling: there were chants of "death to Israel" in the streets.  

Here's another couple of quote about the general's assassination:

“the blood of the martyrs will water the good tree of the Islamic resistance in the region and will foil the plans of Islam’s enemies.”

"The path of the martyr Allahdadi is unstoppable. It will continue until the liberation of the sacred Quds (Jerusalem) and elimination of the Zionist regime as a disgraceful blot in the region."

In other news the Doomsday Clock moves two minutes closer to midnight.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doomsday-clock-moves-two-minutes-closer-to-midnight/

Sal

Sal

colaguy wrote:
Sal wrote:It's their money.

Seems to me it's part of our leverage.

Leverage or blackmail?

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:

Is that why Obama has bombed more nations than Bush?

Appeaser.

Very Happy

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

.....Zionist regime as a disgraceful blot in the region.....

There is a whole lot the Zionist regime could do to get the peace process advancing in the region if it wanted to. It is still ruled by hardliners, whose ancestors were the first terrorists in Palestine, earlier in the 20th Century.

But, when the U.S. Congress emboldens hotheads like Benjamin Netanyahu by inviting him to address the HOR, it only makes Bibi think that he owns the Congress and can do whatever he wants to.

Yesterday We Gave $490,000,000 To Iran - Huh?  How's That Suppose To Diffuse Their Nuke Program?  Ariel_10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum