Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A new home in Hawaii for Obamas: "The Times They Are a Changin'

+2
Joanimaroni
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

September 4, 2012 – OpenSecrets.org reports that in Obama’s time of “gimme a nickel, brother can you spare a dime,” not a single member of the Congressional Black Caucus has donated to Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.[1]

And, apparently, donations are no indication of where the black vote will go, if you believe this NBC/WSJ poll.

It appears that lack of funds notwithstanding, Obama can count on getting 94 percent of the black vote, while Romney gets none. At least Romney has the street cred of raising the same amount of money from the CBC as Obama in 2012.

The President, who in 2008 set the record for election fundraising, says that in this cycle his reelection campaign would raise a billion dollars, has been reduced to soliciting lotto lunches for $3.

If that’s not bad enough, it’s been reported that the Obamas are looking at new residences in Hawaii.

The future home of the President and family?

The Left is spinning this as “The Obamas are looking for a vacation home.” Sure they are: Their permanent vacation home.

Obama’s fall from favor is unprecedented in political circles. Between union and Green-energy payoffs, and Fast and Furious buzzards circling, perhaps it’s the false cries of racism coupled with the residue of Obama’s rock-star status that has kept the hounds at bay.

But as Bob Dylan wrote, “Times, they are a changin’.”

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

Lyrics from Times They are a-Changin’, by Bob Dylan

So what black politicos won’t donate to Barack this “go ‘round,” right? Obama still has Hollywood, right? Not so fast.

George Clooney is tapped out, as is Sarah Jessica Parker, so where does the well-dressed, “articulate, and clean” black president go for a night out in Tinseltown?

Uh…nowhere.

The list of Hollywood notables who donated to Obama in 2008, but have not bucked up in 2012 is too long to mention. I will mention a few, however to make my point.

Don Cheadle and Matt Damon were upset at Obama a while back, after finding out that Obama is a better actor than they. Cheadle, in an interview with Jet Magazines, says he wants Obama to be more “gangster,” while Damon called him a wimp.

According to LOOP21.com,

"Once an avid backer of Barack Obama, Matt Damon took the president to task in December 2011. He attacked the president’s manhood in an Elle magazine interview.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, ‘Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician,’” he told the magazine. “You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better.” It wasn’t the first time Damon criticized the president. He told Piers Morgan of CNN in March 2011 that Obama had deeply disappointed him.”

Both Cheadle and Damon maxed out donations to Obama in 2008, then gave money to the DNC, $5,400, and $28,500 respectively.

In 2012 however, both men were no shows when the hat was passed. The thought that Obama will be getting paid long after they are relegated to 3AM infomercials could have impacted their decision.

But what I found more interesting are the rich white guilty Liberals who gave nothing but lip service to Obama in 2008. The most recent rant was from John Cusack, who complained that he wanted Obama to stop the wars. Cusack’s donations to Obama? Nada.

And where are the royalties from Mystery Men when you need them? Janeane Garofalo—protector of the lowly Negro—donated nothing to Obama in 2008, and she has matched that donation to her favorite pet project in 2012.

It would appear that the boisterous Joy Behar has better things to do with her loot as well, as she matched Garofalo in her philanthropy to Obama giving exactly nothing in 2008. And if money talks, then Behar’s money is screaming, because she has given Obama zero, zilch, nada in 2012.

Overpaid pontificator Keith Olbermann made a small fortune in “media,” yet donated nothing to the nation’s first recognizably black president in 2008. One would think that since Olbermann can no longer run ad nauseum commercial rants on behalf of Obama every evening in front of dozens of viewers, he might take a chance at Obama’s $3 lotto? It seems that Olbermann is lottoed out. No donations again in 2012.

Fear not, because surely Obama can certainly rely on black clergy. Perhaps not?

Revs. Al Sharpton’s and Jesse Jackson’s gift to Obama is paving the way for America’s Food Stamp President. This was payment enough apparently, as neither “pastor” contributed to Obama’s campaign in 2008 nor 2012. Obama owes them. Yes, even poverty pimping has collapsed under the weight of the Obama economy.

There was a time when despite the evidence, Liberal might convince us that they are winning, the election is in the bag for Obama. We would be made to believe that Obama transcends polls, he even transcends reality. Our empirical data and real-life observations are lies, more lies, and damn lies.

Unfortunately for the Left, Americans no longer operate eyes wide shut. Because times, they are a changin’…back

Read more: A new home in Hawaii for Obamas: "The Times They Are a Changin' | Washington Times Communities
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

I cant wait to hear the neighborly stories between obama and rosanna barr lol!

Markle

Markle

I didn't think there was ever a chance he would go back to Chicago. That was his jumping off place but now, especially with dozens of shootings and murders each week two of which were within a block of the Mansion he bought with Tony Rezko now a convicted felon serving many years with his good friend Rod Blagojevich.

Markle wrote:I didn't think there was ever a chance he would go back to Chicago. That was his jumping off place but now, especially with dozens of shootings and murders each week two of which were within a block of the Mansion he bought with Tony Rezko now a convicted felon serving many years with his good friend Rod Blagojevich.

when he moves in a few months, maybe we can pitch in and send him a can of spam as a going away gift lol

it's good to be the king... i wonder where he got all this money?

working for acorn?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:it's good to be the king... i wonder where he got all this money?

working for acorn?

He got a large chunk from the BP stock he sold a couple of weeks before the spill. He also received money for a book penned by Ayers.

Joanimaroni wrote:

working for acorn?

He got a large chunk from the BP stock he sold a couple of weeks before the spill. He also received money for a book penned by Ayers.

I think obama is the only person I ever heard of that wrote a autobiography about his life when he hadnt even acomplished anything yet in his life. I think thats just weird.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy8 wrote:September 4, 2012 – OpenSecrets.org reports that in Obama’s time of “gimme a nickel, brother can you spare a dime,” not a single member of the Congressional Black Caucus has donated to Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.[1]

And, apparently, donations are no indication of where the black vote will go, if you believe this NBC/WSJ poll.

It appears that lack of funds notwithstanding, Obama can count on getting 94 percent of the black vote, while Romney gets none. At least Romney has the street cred of raising the same amount of money from the CBC as Obama in 2012.

The President, who in 2008 set the record for election fundraising, says that in this cycle his reelection campaign would raise a billion dollars, has been reduced to soliciting lotto lunches for $3.

If that’s not bad enough, it’s been reported that the Obamas are looking at new residences in Hawaii.

The Left is spinning this as “The Obamas are looking for a vacation home.” Sure they are: Their permanent vacation home.

Obama’s fall from favor is unprecedented in political circles. Between union and Green-energy payoffs, and Fast and Furious buzzards circling, perhaps it’s the false cries of racism coupled with the residue of Obama’s rock-star status that has kept the hounds at bay.

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
If your time to you
Is worth savin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

So what black politicos won’t donate to Barack this “go ‘round,” right? Obama still has Hollywood, right? Not so fast.

George Clooney is tapped out, as is Sarah Jessica Parker, so where does the well-dressed, “articulate, and clean” black president go for a night out in Tinseltown?

Uh…nowhere.

The list of Hollywood notables who donated to Obama in 2008, but have not bucked up in 2012 is too long to mention. I will mention a few, however to make my point.

Don Cheadle and Matt Damon were upset at Obama a while back, after finding out that Obama is a better actor than they. Cheadle, in an interview with Jet Magazines, says he wants Obama to be more “gangster,” while Damon called him a wimp.

According to LOOP21.com,

"Once an avid backer of Barack Obama, Matt Damon took the president to task in December 2011. He attacked the president’s manhood in an Elle magazine interview.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, ‘Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician,’” he told the magazine. “You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better.” It wasn’t the first time Damon criticized the president. He told Piers Morgan of CNN in March 2011 that Obama had deeply disappointed him.”

Both Cheadle and Damon maxed out donations to Obama in 2008, then gave money to the DNC, $5,400, and $28,500 respectively.

In 2012 however, both men were no shows when the hat was passed. The thought that Obama will be getting paid long after they are relegated to 3AM infomercials could have impacted their decision.

But what I found more interesting are the rich white guilty Liberals who gave nothing but lip service to Obama in 2008. The most recent rant was from John Cusack, who complained that he wanted Obama to stop the wars. Cusack’s donations to Obama? Nada.

And where are the royalties from Mystery Men when you need them? Janeane Garofalo—protector of the lowly Negro—donated nothing to Obama in 2008, and she has matched that donation to her favorite pet project in 2012.

It would appear that the boisterous Joy Behar has better things to do with her loot as well, as she matched Garofalo in her philanthropy to Obama giving exactly nothing in 2008. And if money talks, then Behar’s money is screaming, because she has given Obama zero, zilch, nada in 2012.

Overpaid pontificator Keith Olbermann made a small fortune in “media,” yet donated nothing to the nation’s first recognizably black president in 2008. One would think that since Olbermann can no longer run ad nauseum commercial rants on behalf of Obama every evening in front of dozens of viewers, he might take a chance at Obama’s $3 lotto? It seems that Olbermann is lottoed out. No donations again in 2012.

Revs. Al Sharpton’s and Jesse Jackson’s gift to Obama is paving the way for America’s Food Stamp President. This was payment enough apparently, as neither “pastor” contributed to Obama’s campaign in 2008 nor 2012. Obama owes them. Yes, even poverty pimping has collapsed under the weight of the Obama economy.

There was a time when despite the evidence, Liberal might convince us that they are winning, the election is in the bag for Obama. We would be made to believe that Obama transcends polls, he even transcends reality. Our empirical data and real-life observations are lies, more lies, and damn lies.

Unfortunately for the Left, Americans no longer operate eyes wide shut. Because times, they are a changin’…back

Read more: A new home in Hawaii for Obamas: "The Times They Are a Changin' | Washington Times Communities

This is a hack piece in a hack newspaper. You do know the WT is the publication of the late "Rev." Sun Myung Moon? And this guy Jackson is a pure right-wing tool. I cannot BELIEVE he had the nerve to use Bob Dylan's music and lyrics to attack Obama. I guess the copyright ran out. I hope Dylan sues him anyway.

[quote="Chrissy8"]
Joanimaroni wrote:

working for acorn?

I think obama is the only person I ever heard of that wrote a autobiography about his life when he hadnt even acomplished anything yet in his life. I think thats just weird.

Narcissists are like that. I suppose he can put the book next to the Nobel PP he won for doing absolutely nothing except being able to read a teleprompter

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:September 4, 2012 – OpenSecrets.org reports that in Obama’s time of “gimme a nickel, brother can you spare a dime,” not a single member of the Congressional Black Caucus has donated to Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.[1]

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
If your time to you
Is worth savin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

Uh…nowhere.

According to LOOP21.com,

This is a hack piece in a hack newspaper. You do know the WT is the publication of the late "Rev." Sun Myung Moon? And this guy Jackson is a pure right-wing tool. I cannot BELIEVE he had the nerve to use Bob Dylan's music and lyrics to attack Obama. I guess the copyright ran out. I hope Dylan sues him anyway.

I really dont think you are in any position to lecture me about how far or left something is. nom nom nom

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I believe you're too stupid to know your right from your left.

Floridatexan wrote:

Yes Rolling Eyes

NaNook

NaNook

Floridatexan wrote:

FYI: The WT PROVED DEBBIE was a liar. They recorded the speech she denied.....she LIED, PERIOD.

You might want to google Fact Check,,,,,,,,,the Dems are setting records for lies....go figure.

NaNook wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

FYI: The WT PROVED DEBBIE was a liar. They recorded the speech she denied.....she LIED, PERIOD.

You might want to google Fact Check,,,,,,,,,the Dems are setting records for lies....go figure.

lol... she isn't interested in the truth.

I hope in time, Obama will be able to master reading a book upside down, just like GW did.

A new home in Hawaii for Obamas: "The Times They Are a Changin'  Bushbo10

BP wrote:I hope in time, Obama will be able to master reading a book upside down, just like GW did.

A new home in Hawaii for Obamas: "The Times They Are a Changin'  Bushbo10

wow... you have provided a unique intellect to this debate. thank you... i have nothing to add except deference.

SheSurfs

SheSurfs

I am no Obama fan, but he spent most of his childhood in Hawaii and went to Punahou. The guy has to retire somewhere. After living there for four years, it's on my short list too.

This doesn't bother me nearly as much as the stunt the Clintons pulled when trying to buy a house for which they knew they would not qualify, trying to use their credentials instead of their credit to get a mortgage.

That said, no one should ever become rich as a public servant.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheSurfs wrote:I am no Obama fan, but he spent most of his childhood in Hawaii and went to Punahou. The guy has to retire somewhere. After living there for four years, it's on my short list too.

This doesn't bother me nearly as much as the stunt the Clintons pulled when trying to buy a house for which they knew they would not qualify, trying to use their credentials instead of their credit to get a mortgage.

The Obama's are considering a $35 million waterfront home. Prior to being president he couldn't afford to donate to or make charitable contributions...according to his tax returns. Or maybe he just chose not to assist others. Who knows.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheSurfs wrote:I am no Obama fan, but he spent most of his childhood in Hawaii and went to Punahou. The guy has to retire somewhere. After living there for four years, it's on my short list too.

The Obama's are considering a $35 million waterfront home. Prior to being president he couldn't afford to donate to or make charitable contributions...according to his tax returns. Or maybe he just chose not to assist others. Who knows.

Couldn't we conclude that book deals, speaking fees and sitting on various Boards bring in some serious cash? It worked for Newt and the Clintons.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Couldn't we conclude that book deals, speaking fees and sitting on various Boards bring in some serious cash? It worked for Newt and the Clintons.

So do contributions....The BP stock money was $8.5 million that will eventually make him 85 million.

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

So do contributions....The BP stock money was $8.5 million that will eventually make him 85 million.

he's got that insider trading thing they get to have up in the white house ya know too

however, i still think it would be funny if he lived near rosanne barr, she cant stand him now Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum