Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sugar Bowl

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sugar Bowl Empty Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:02 pm

2seaoat

I did not think Alabama could be beat. After seeing what the big ten has been doing all day, I think Ohio State is going to beat Alabama.....I cannot believe that I am saying that.....Oh and PK........if Ohio wins.....I am not being a bad winner.....I am beginning to agree with Pace that the SEC has nothing this year. This is the exact opposite what everybody was saying for three days at the poker tables in Pensacola.

2Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:22 pm

2seaoat

This is going to be a good game. What an afternoon.

3Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:31 pm

Ohio state is an inch better than msu and wisconsin... but really alabama is maybe another inch better overall.

Should be very close if they play sound ball.

4Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:34 pm

With the injured qb barrett I think osu would be the favorite.

5Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:35 pm

2seaoat

Both of these teams are big boy teams, well coached, and can play pretty good defense. I have been impressed with the Tide's goal line defense, but they are sure not stopping the run until they get into the red zone.

6Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:36 pm

2seaoat

Auburn for two years has been able to run on the Tide.

7Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:39 pm

The big bama weakness is defending a good passing game.

8Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 10:47 pm

Sal

Sal

Manhandling in progress ...

9Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:36 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm impressed.

OSU is overmatched but hanging tough.

10Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:40 pm

With barrett I would've bet on them.

11Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:44 pm

2seaoat

Ohio State in the first half has shown that they belong here. I feel terrible for TCU if Alabama had blown them out in the first half. I have a sick feeling for the TCU players who did everything correct to be one of these four teams, and nobody expected Ohio State to destroy Wisconsin like they did.......I hope they make some changes in the playoffs expanding it to eight teams. If they could move conference championships up just one week, there would be plenty of time for bowl selection after the quarterfinals were seeded. There needs to be a discussion.

Meyers is a hell of a coach.

12Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:45 pm

Sal

Sal

The Saban magic has run its course.

Bama should be up by 20.

13Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:47 pm

Sal

Sal

I gotta say, I thought the four team playoff was a joke, but it makes New Years a lot more fun.

14Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:49 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Football sucks...you guys are a tempest in a teapot....who cares ?  Geeze if my ego was tied up in how well guys in tights move a funny looking ball around I would kill myself...

Sugar Bowl Footba10

15Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/1/2015, 11:52 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:I gotta say, I thought the four team playoff was a joke, but it makes New Years a lot more fun.

It did make it fun. Oregon accomplished in one afternoon what the entire ACC tried, but failed all season long--undeniably ending FSUs winning streak....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 12:01 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey let's watch some commercials and guys standing around.....

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

So what do the networks do with the other 174 minutes in a typical broadcast? Not surprisingly, commercials take up about an hour. As many as 75 minutes, or about 60% of the total air time, excluding commercials, is spent on shots of players huddling, standing at the line of scrimmage or just generally milling about between snaps. In the four broadcasts The Journal studied, injured players got six more seconds of camera time than celebrating players. While the network announcers showed up on screen for just 30 seconds, shots of the head coaches and referees took up about 7% of the average show.

17Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 12:13 am

Sal

Sal

Poor, T.

He's been left out again.

18Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:05 am

Alabama is starting to win the arm wrestling contest... osu better score after that interception.

19Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:23 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Alabama is starting to win the arm wrestling contest... osu better score after that interception.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:24 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Alabama is starting to win the arm wrestling contest... osu better score after that interception.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick is getting out coached!

21Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:24 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:Poor, T.

He's been left out again.
No actually left out are guys that watch football and think they are relevant...of course there are those guys that really dig tight ends....Sal.

Sugar Bowl Funny-10

22Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:40 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Whichever team wins this game . . . is going to get beat by Oregon.

23Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 1:44 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Awesome game......my evening just got better. 3rd string QB was awesome!

24Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 2:05 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Psychology of Sports Fans

Some psychologists claim that fan psychology is rooted in primitive times when we lived in small tribes, and warriors fighting to protect our tribe were true genetic representatives of “our people”. In today’s society athletes play a similar role for a city, club or school in the stylized war on a playing field – as the theory goes. The athlete’s exploits helps reconnect the fans with those intense emotions that tribal warfare did for their ancestors.

As Adam Sternbergh (@sternbergh) explains in this great piece  that being a sports fan allows you to feel deep emotional investment in something that has no actual real-world consequences. Sports are never guaranteed to end happily. In fact for some fans, most games end in a highly unsatisfying way. As a fan, you will feel actual joy or actual pain in relation to events that really don’t affect your life at all. It matters, deeply, and yet it doesn’t matter at all. It’s heartbreak with training wheels. The opportunity to experience and survive it is something to be valued, not lamented. It’s the one time you should really be grateful for deciding to be a fan.

It’s heartbreak with training wheels.< LOL

25Sugar Bowl Empty Re: Sugar Bowl 1/2/2015, 3:20 am

2seaoat

It’s heartbreak with training wheels.

Or it could just be as simple as normal people have fun watching football, basketball, and baseball. I like going to art museums. You like to sing. Each of us derive enjoyment from activities. I enjoy playing poker, and I know it is not a healthy thing for all people, and I like to hunt when I eat what I shoot, but I fully understand that some people do not get hunting, and do not have the patience for fishing. We all live in a great free country which gives us the freedom to choose our recreational pleasures, and although I enjoyed riding a motorcycle as a young man, I almost got killed at an intersection when a car blew a stop sign, and I personally would not ride, or have any of my kids ride because I believe it is unnecessarily dangerous because people do not see motorcycles, but I certainly would not say you suffer some kind of death wish because you ride.......I had fun, and I know you have fun, I simply choose to recreate a different way. Just because you are odd does not make you wrong, and you should enjoy those things which make you happy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum