Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VIDEO: Another Day Another Black Kid Assaulted by Pig

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

2seaoat

You have to comply with being handcuffed. I have told the story of drinking too much in my senior year in college and changing the moveable letter on a liquor store sign to say something stupid. Well, after being clever two squads squeal up and stop me on the sidewalk and start pushing me toward the back of the squad. Four officers are pushing, I had been drinking and when I tried to get my balance.....well it was on.....all four of them piles on me and as I moved the scrum moved.....they finally get me face down on the back of the squad and they are yelling do not move.....I am uncomfortable and the natural reaction was to change your position and become more comfortable .....they cuff me and put me in the back of the squad. They look at the stupid wording, come back in the squad and let me go. I completely understand that police have to get control of an arrestee and some of the resistance is simply a matter of discomfort. I think training can go a long way from avoiding the appearance of abuse. I did not see abuse on this one. I saw an officer punch the back of the arrestee perhaps too much, but immediately thereafter there was compliance and the officer remained calm. We have to be careful. There are really some bad people on the street who do not respect weakness, and compliance and respect for commands during an arrest are essential. I never intended to be perceived as resisting arrest, but I better understood the difficulty on handcuffing a big person who is intoxicated.

Vikingwoman

That's wrong Seaoat to come up and punch someone to make them comply. That's not how you do it.

Sal

Sal

When five cops can't subdue a skinny kid without punching him, something's wrong.

2seaoat

When five cops can't subdue a skinny kid without punching him, something's wrong.

I can only tell you from first hand experience. I am a big person. I had NO intent to resist anybody, but when multiple people start pushing at you in different directions you instinctively try to keep your balance and in that process you resist a direction you are being pushed. They virtually tackled me into the back of the car and quite honestly I moved them where I wanted to go, but not intentionally. There has to be training as to better methods of getting compliance when getting an arrestee under control, and when police have to deal with large intoxicated people, they have learned that they can get hurt. Should they punch a kid? Probably not, but that one officer immediately got control of the arrestee, and the large mass of uncontrolled non coordinated action of the scrum.....disbanded. I grew up when a night stick or large flashlight got immediate compliance.....much more painful than some body shots from a fist. I am in the minority here, but I have seen too many officers taken down by drunk people who get hurt. You need to get compliance. We expect these people to execute everything perfectly. We need to be careful. These folks have very dangerous jobs, and compliance is not simply a discussion among reasonable people.......we just do not want our officers being the most unreasonable.

Vikingwoman

You are taught in the academy how to take down large and unruly people. Beating them up is just wrong and not taught in the academy.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:That's wrong Seaoat to come up and punch someone to make them comply. That's not how you do it.

Ever been a cop? Nuf said

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:You are taught in the academy how to take down large and unruly people. Beating them up is just wrong and not taught in the academy.

You're a complete idiot. Cops fight like mad people in the academy. I know plenty of them that have told me so while attending the George Stone program in Pcola. Getting control of the situation IS the main thing cops are graded on in the academy and at FTO. Wimpy, limp wristed cops do not pass FTO.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:When five cops can't subdue a skinny kid without punching him, something's wrong.

They use 5 because it keeps THEM from getting injured. Ever do a take down on a person by yourself when they are bigger or out of control? NO, I didn't think so. About the only thing you take down is your Depends in the restroom.

Yella

Yella

The huge majority of black people that fear cops are criminals.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Vikingwoman

KarlRove wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:You are taught in the academy how to take down large and unruly people. Beating them up is just wrong and not taught in the academy.

You're a complete idiot. Cops fight like mad people in the academy. I know plenty of them that have told me so while attending the George Stone program in Pcola. Getting control of the situation IS the main thing cops are graded on in the academy and at FTO. Wimpy, limp wristed cops do not pass FTO.

You are the world's biggest bullshitter. I've been to the academy. I know what they teach you and it ain't that. If you can't take down a perp w/o beating him half to death you failed defensive tactics and should be on the street.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:
KarlRove wrote:

You are the world's biggest bullshitter. I've been to the academy. I know what they teach you and it ain't that. If you can't take down a perp w/o beating him half to death you failed defensive tactics and should be on the street.

Whatever. I was married to a cop. I know exactly what happens in defensive tactics.

This is funny your words:

If you can't take down a perp w/o beating him half to death you failed defensive tactics and should be on the street

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
KarlRove wrote:

Beating him half to death?

2seaoat

I could see my grandchildren being a victim of an out of control police state, or going into law enforcement and being a victim of crime. We need to use common sense to make sure everybody is safer. This is not a zero sum game. Police can be protected and citizens can be protected with training and respect. We all should be working for the same.

Sal

Sal

Yella wrote:The huge majority of black people that fear cops are criminals.

That is an idiotic statement.

Sal wrote:
Yella wrote:The huge majority of black people that fear cops are criminals.

That is an idiotic statement.

He may not have worded it eloquently... but there are some unproportional statistics that make that not idiotic.

Ignoring reality is for the useful idiots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum