Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

101 best pizzas in America

+3
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1101 best pizzas in America Empty 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 1:52 am

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/101-best-pizzas-in-america-2014/ss-BBgTwOU#image=102

What a bogus poll. If anybody watches Newsroom on HBO, it has some amazing social commentary on the sad status of media today. Four people sitting in the newsroom decide to do a poll on movies and just pick stuff out of thin air and call what they are doing reporting. The hard news is too complex for most people so we have talking heads talking more about celebrity, pretend polls, and fashion, while the world around us is burning and in dire need of skilled folks reporting FACTS.......so fill some of your time looking at this poll and realize how much media time is spent on the irrelevant and completely wrong.....anybody who rates a pizza with green leaves on it or an egg on it, should be taken out back and summarily executed.

2101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Being a cheapskate for me it always comes down to how much value I'm getting.  And dollar for dollar there is NO better pizza than the "pizza slice combo" for $2.79 at Sam's Club.  You get a slice which is one/fourth of an oversized pizza and the cheese pizza is really damn good and it comes with unlimited fountain soft drink.  
By the way,  give me real pizza just like I want real everything.  Just like a real hamburger doesn't have jalapenos or mushrooms or pineapple on it,  neither does a real pizza.  The only real pizza is a cheese pizza.  Lots of pizza sauce and melted cheese and that's the taste of real pizza. The way they invented it.

3101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:06 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But some of that specialty pizza Sbaro's serves up can make me eat my words on that. lol

4101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:15 am

2seaoat

They could not even get the rankings right in Chicago pizza, and they just blew off Wisconsin pizzas.......America has become so completely wussified when I have to look at a pizza with green leaves on it and a damn egg. I agree....a pizza is simple with quality ingredients and little variations.......like a fine wine list this poll decided that MD 20/20 should be on the top 101 wines......and it all becomes a discussion about nothing when facts and real reporting is substituted for an egg pizza. I know my daughter has gotten my wife and I a bottle of Silver Oak wine for Christmas, as she knew this was my favorite when I could drink, and I plan on having a glass with the good news Saturday when we celebrate Christmas at my son's house.....but to compare Silver Oak to MD 20/20 just tells you how fricking stupid our culture has become as reality is an illusion, and up is down.

5101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:54 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We're experiencing the same kind of decline you just described in many ways.  

I happened to watch Don Imus this morning.  Imus' radio/tv character is being the most honest and candid talker on broadcast media.  Even if he was  good for nothing else,  his audience knows it can always count on him being a straight shooter.
That's his schtick.

In the midst of doing that shtick this morning,  he segued into a live commercial.  And like the Limbaughs and Alex Joneses and the rest he read the commercial script the same way he does the honest straight shooter shtick.  Actually that's now something exclusive to radio because tv performers no longer do live commercials.  But the way this dude did it is almost spooky.  He pretended to be friends with this advertising huckster who is peddling pillows like Ron Popeil peddles his shit.  Same as some of those other radio talkers like to peddle gold brokers,  most of which are presented as their old buddies too.

What made this morning's experience so unsettling is that, even though I am so suspicious of commercials,  it reeled me in too.  I thought if Imus was sincerely endorsing a pillow that would actually make me sleep better I sure want that.  So I went to the mentioned website to buy one.  
To make a long story short,  before I pulled the trigger on it fortunately I put the pillow name into google followed by the word "reviews" like we now so often do.  And my jaw dropped to find out this pillow and the gypsy peddler making it are on every consumer rip off list on the web.
So the one dude known for "straight shooting" is telling us a piece of snake oil is close to his heart.
So much for me EVER again having any faith in the sincerity of anything coming over the commercial media.

6101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 8:04 am

2seaoat

I agree. The big huckster commercial now is gold. Thom Hartman radio show is an intelligent and sophisticated look at the world we live in and Hartman is a real MENSA member, but he cuts to that Gold commercial and starts talking about events which will make gold more valuable when he was just discussing deflation when he fully knows that the reason they are hawking gold on these radio shows is to drum up fear of inflation and fiat money......well deflation and low inflation makes gold a horrible short term or mid term investment, yet many rely on the host's intellectual integrity. He is telling people Up is down, and he is making money to do the same.......it is sad.

7101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 9:11 am

Ah, but remember that good pizza at Shakey's on Fairfield Drive? Maybe it was the company of high school friends after the football game but I'm thinking that will always be #1 on my list.

It's been 30 years since I've had pizza at Geno's on North Davis Hwy but that was some really great pizza back in the day. Also enjoy Georgio's on E. Cervantes near Scenic Hwy.

I think the mom and pop pizza places are best.

Don't care much for Helenback.

What's the name of the place in the old SH Hospital building? We've had that and it was not on my list of places to return.

8101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 9:20 am

Sal

Sal

Louisville has two of the best pizza joints on the planet ....

https://bearnos.com/legacysite/index.php

http://impellizzeris.com/

Top notch pies.

In Tampa, it's Cappy's ....

http://www.cappyspizzaonline.com/

They do both Chicago and NY styles equally well, which is impressive.

9101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 9:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:Ah, but remember that good pizza at Shakey's on Fairfield Drive?  Maybe it was the company of high school friends after the football game but I'm thinking that will always be #1 on my list.

It's been 30 years since I've had pizza at Geno's on North Davis Hwy but that was some really great pizza back in the day.  Also enjoy Georgio's on E. Cervantes near Scenic Hwy.

I think the mom and pop pizza places are best.  

Don't care much for Helenback.  

What's the name of the place in the old SH Hospital building?  We've had that and it was not on my list of places to return.

Helenback had the best pizza when located in the little dive near the Okaloosa county line. Daughter and I liked to go there. We would order the top shelf pizza with feta.

10101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 10:12 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

What's the name of the place in the old SH Hospital building?  

It was Madisons but then changed to Ozone.  I like the ambience in there.
Especially the ancient hospital rest room you reach after going down that spooky old hall with that crumbling old tile in it.  It's like the interior of some medieval castle.  And if you keep going down the hall past the rest room,  you get to what looks like an old hospital morgue resembling a Vincent Price movie torture chamber.  I think they used that room for the set of Dr. Frankenstein's lab.

11101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 10:57 am

It's definitely the old morgue and the ambiance is very cool. Call me weird. Razz

The first Helenback we tried after moving back to FL was on Okaloosa Island. The pizza was floppy. Second time was better. I find it odd that it comes out on a cardboard like it's frozen and not hand made????

12101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 12:49 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I love pepperoni pizza. However, I have become a reformed eater since my myocardial infarction 3-weeks ago yesterday (that is medical-speak for 'heart attack'). I have been eating healthy food and absolutely no junk food (well, I do manage to sneak in a small square of chocolate here and there).

No more fast-food (except for an occasional chicken soft taco from the 'Bell--I looked at the nutrition facts for this one), pizza will be a rarity, as will most forms of beef. I am eating lots of fish, lots of chicken, and way more vegetables and fruits.

I actually thought this would be a horrible transition, but I think my body feels better, and for one thing, it wants to be very regular--so I know I am eating more fiber.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

13101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 1:01 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Z,

Before two weeks ago I had been living on junk food.  Whataburgers and fries for breakfast,  potato chips for lunch and every high calorie high fat high cholesterol food you can eat with a lot of buttered bread for dinner.  Then potato chips again for a late snack.

Then I woke up that Thursday morning with a crud which I'm now is told was something called parainfluenza.  Not exactly flu but something with the same symptoms.  One of which was complete loss of the sense of smell and taste.
I didn't want to each much of anything for the next 9 days.  By then I had lost ten lbs.
The crud subsidized and I woke up last Sunday with the taste and smell back again.  But not eating the crap had made me feel healthier.  And I had gotten so used to eating applesauce and other healthy stuff that I was actually getting to like it.  So I kept eating like that and made a goal to tailor my diet to only extremely low calorie foods and no carbs or meat or sugar or anything else except that.  And to keep it down to below 1000 calories per day.  And I've done that since then and now that's become my lifestyle.  Have lost 6 more lbs since Sunday.  With the goal of going from 190 to 160 and from 38 waist to 34 waist (I'm already down to 36).
I feel so much better already.  More energy and stamina.  My chronic backpain which came after being on my feet only a short while has subsided.  And on top of that I look better.

14101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 1:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Bob I got to thinking about what you said so I went to the farmers market and bought me some fresh food and seeds and some seaweed and stuff like that and I atr that for dinner last night I feel great today I'm even out on the Pensacola State College track walking this morning thanks Bob , good idea

15101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 1:45 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Exercise (even just walking) is my boogeyman. I loathe it and it bores me silly. But hopefully now that I've overcome the bad eating habits I can tackle the lack of exercise too.
The tobacco addiction is the worst of all for me though. I can manage to quit for a while but then always go back. And then quit again and start up again. I just keep seesawing between the two.

16101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:10 pm

Now let's not ruin the pizza talk with good health. Razz I ascribe to a healthy diet but my splurges every now and then are: Whataburger, pizza, and fried seafood.

17101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Now let's not ruin the pizza talk with good health.  Razz   I ascribe to a healthy diet but my splurges every now and then are:  Whataburger, pizza, and fried seafood.  

You just named two of what used to be my favorite food groups. lol

18101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Apple sauce and peas???

You've reverted back to infancy, Bob.

19101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 2:46 pm

Sal

Sal

I've found that whenever I feel the need to lose a few pounds, that cutting bread, potatoes, and refined sugar completely out of my diet is quick and effective.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so the sugar is easy but I do miss the bread and potatoes.

20101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 3:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Apple sauce and peas???

You've reverted back to infancy, Bob.

And it's even worse. It's the unsweetened version of applesauce and the low sodium version of the canned peas. I never in a million years ever believed I could actually enjoy eating that. But I do add splenda to the applesauce and just a little sprinkling of salt.

And I invented something that I thought would gag me but now like it too.
It's a 50 calorie version of a stuffed bell pepper.

21101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 4:13 pm

dumpcare

Bob, order your pizza from pizza hut or where ever thin crust, very light sauce the light sauce and thin crust will cut out quite a bit of the sugar.

22101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 4:43 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Exercise (even just walking) is my boogeyman.  I loathe it and it bores me silly.  But hopefully now that I've overcome the bad eating habits I can tackle the lack of exercise too.
The tobacco addiction is the worst of all for me though.  I can manage to quit for a while but then always go back.  And then quit again and start up again.  I just keep seesawing between the two.

Bob, go watch the radiation video I posted on this thread yesterday:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t17808-the-most-radioactive-places-on-earth

At the end of the video, the guy presents how smokers are the most irradiated humans on the planet. This is because tobacco plants uptake radioactive isotopes from the soil, and deposit them in their leaves. Smokers inhale these radioactive isotopes into their lungs when they smoke, where they lodge and begin to irradiate your internal organs. Apparently, you guys (smokers) are more radioactive than anyone who works around radiation.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

23101 best pizzas in America Empty Re: 101 best pizzas in America 12/18/2014, 5:14 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I noticed when I turn off the lights at night to go to bed there is a green glow in the room and I couldn't figure where it was coming from until now. I never suspected it was me glowing in the dark.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum