Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

better news

+6
Yella
nadalfan
Vikingwoman
knothead
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1better news Empty better news 12/17/2014, 3:53 pm

2seaoat

I have now received the Chromogranin A results after my three surgeries using radio embolization to block arteries and radiate my largest tumors on my liver. A score over 200 indicates that tumors in your body are secreting high levels of hormones which feed tumor growth. My level in September was 3400 which clearly my time was limited with liver functions dropping. However, tumors stabalized and the blood test indicated a 862 level which means the surgery successfully has slowed my demise as the biggest tumor is stable and some of the smaller tumors actually got smaller. They cannot give me an exit date, but what is nice that as my levels start to increase again, my liver may be able to tolerate one or two more procedures over the next 6-12 months, which buys me more time. The last three months have been miserable, but I celebrate 4 grandchildren at Christmas which I never would have met had cancer won the battle when they removed my lung lobe in 2008, and so far I can play the cards which have been dealt. santa

2better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 3:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A very Merry Christmas for you and your family.

3better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 4:06 pm

2seaoat

A very Merry Christmas for you and your family.

Thank you. I am sure you will enjoy your grandchildren. Until 4pm yesterday I was pretty certain that my time was limited and this Christmas would be my last. Do not take anything for granted and enjoy family and friends.....they are gifts which exceed anything that Santa can bring. I just do not understand how life works as our receptionist was stricken with cancer out of the blue and was gone 9 months later, and somehow I am still here. I just got the best Christmas gift I have ever received......a little more time.

4better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 5:35 pm

Congrats... and merry xmas. Hopefully we can try to play poker again next year.

5better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 5:39 pm

knothead

knothead

Wonderful news Mr. Oats, have a great Christmas celebration with your family!

6better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 5:43 pm

Vikingwoman

I have to admire your tenacity for hanging on, Seaoat. I would have checked out awhile ago. Merry X-Mas!

7better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 7:15 pm

nadalfan

Great news! Merry Christmas and enjoy those children and your whole family!

8better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 7:49 pm

Yella

Yella

You are a brave and thoughtful man, seaoat, hang in and do your best.We pray for you.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

9better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 8:14 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

That is great news!

10better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 8:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Seaoat, I just want to say that you are a champ!

I think you should consider throwing your hat in the ring for the GOP nomination in 2016.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 10:21 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Keep fighting the good fight.

12better news Empty Re: better news 12/17/2014, 11:02 pm

Sal

Sal

Anticlimactic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: