Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November. Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong?

+3
gatorfan
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461101&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Consumer price inflation turned down in November on sharply lower gasoline prices plus dips in some core subcomponents. Overall consumer price inflation fell 0.3 percent after no change in October. The November number was below market expectations for a 0.1 percent dip. Energy dropped 3.8 percent, following a 1.9 percent decline the month before. Gasoline plunged 6.6 percent in November after a 3.0 drop in October. Food rose 0.2 percent, following a 0.1 percent increase in October. Excluding food and energy, consumer price inflation posted at 0.1 percent in November easing from 0.2 percent in October. Analysts forecast a 0.1 percent gain.

Within the core, the shelter index rose 0.3 percent, and the indexes for medical care, airline fares, and alcoholic beverages also rose. In contrast, the indexes for apparel, used cars and trucks, recreation, household furnishings and operations, personal care, and new vehicles all declined in November.

On a seasonally adjusted basis, the headline CPI was up year-ago 1.3 percent versus 1.7 percent in October. Excluding food and energy, the year-ago rate was 1.7 percent, compared to 1.8 percent the prior month.

The latest CPI report gives the Fed room to keep monetary policy loose. However, there still likely will be lots of debate on timing of the next rate move and on guidance.

Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November.  Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong? Showimage

Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November.  Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong? Showimage

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I realize this is good news but can it be trusted or is it just more creative accounting?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Step 1: Make shit up.

Step 2: When it turns out that made-up shit isn't true, double down on made up shit and claim that there is a conspiracy.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'd like to add a third step.

Step 3:  Never breed.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I asked you a nice question and you acted like that spoiled brat Boards does...

I find it funny that you think there are and will be no negative consequences to the bailout, stimulus, qe1, qe2, qe3, zero interest rates, deficits, debt... etc. An equally plausible explanation is that these measures have created another bubble... a money bubble.

I bet that before interest rates go up a couple of times that we'll have another downturn... and another quantitative easing.

gatorfan

Bill Clinton has a response to BoF who tends to only be able to grasp at one straw at a time. That narrow world view affliction......

Bill Clinton: I know why US incomes are stagnant

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102036225#.

2seaoat

I bet that before interest rates go up a couple of times that we'll have another downturn... and another quantitative easing.

You do understand what these stats mean? Interest rates will NOT be going up, and if the energy pricing continues to track downward we will be entering a deflation zone. We are attacking the budget deficit, and having steady increases in employment and GDP. The key is steady. The Russian economy is toast, and the Chinese economy is slowing down, so why are you arguing that interests rates are going up a couple times. This does not make sense in the next year and probably two years. The world economy is slowing down, and this is great for America because our 800 billion energy trade imbalance which a few years ago Pickens was trying to address has all but disappeared. I cannot understand how intelligent people cannot see how incredibly great the last 6 years have been economically. Again, there are major structural problems remaining, but the trend is for steady and slow growh with low interest rates.

Stagnant wages and stingy credit are symptoms... who has received the help? Where has the money gone?

Remember when the leftists thght obama was a populist? Lol... it's amazing what can be ignored when you like what you hear.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I find it funny that you think there are and will be no negative consequences to the bailout, stimulus, qe1, qe2, qe3, zero interest rates, deficits, debt... etc. An equally plausible explanation is that these measures have created another bubble... a money bubble.

We are in the midst of an almost unprecedented run in job growth and a very strong GDP. Betting that we may dip into a recession at some point in the midst of that is like someone saying "I bet red is going to come up some time in the next 10 rolls" when black has hit 50 times in a row.

"I bet we go into recession at some point in the future. Further, I bet that the central bank will employ monetary policy to help ease that economic disturbance."

No shit? Thank you, Captain Obvious!

2seaoat

Bill Clinton is dead cinch correct, and completely consistent with what Boards has been saying for the last three years. The President and every person remotely familiar with economics understands the failure of the minimum wage to keep up with the 1968 index adjusted for inflation has huge ramifications on median income. The blockade on minimum wage incremental increases is bad for American business and our GDP. 70% of our GDP is driven by demand and when we allow record profits to go untaxed and top brackets to get tax cuts we feed the income disparity and slow growth of the median income average. Boards has been dead cinch correct from the get go..........and I think some people are jealous of his intelligence and understanding of these issues.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Bill Clinton has a response to BoF who tends to only be able to grasp at one straw at a time. That narrow world view affliction......

I agree with absolutely everything Clinton said in that article.

I'll also point out that it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

At this point, I'd ask you to explain the relevance of the article, but you and I both know how that will play out; so I will mercifully allow you to exit at this point, unquestioned.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Bill Clinton has a response to BoF who tends to only be able to grasp at one straw at a time. That narrow world view affliction......

I'll also point out that it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

At this point, I'd ask you to explain the relevance of the article, but you and I both know how that will play out; so I will mercifully allow you to exit at this point, unquestioned.

I knew you wouldn't grasp the relevance, but thanks for "mercifully allowing me to exit". ROFLMA. For an unqualified narcissist you sure have delusions of competence. A true legend in your own mind. Wow!

2seaoat wrote:I bet that before interest rates go up a couple of times that we'll have another downturn... and another quantitative easing.

You do understand what these stats mean? Interest rates will NOT be going up, and if the energy pricing continues to track downward we will be entering a deflation zone. We are attacking the budget deficit, and having steady increases in employment and GDP. The key is steady. Again, there are major structural problems remaining, but the trend is for steady and slow growh with low interest rates.

It's the fed discussing interest rate hikes... though I agree that the economy isn't going to support it.

And your steady growth could be in the bubble as I suspect. The pattern has been that we will see if I'm right late next year.

I'm sure you earn brownie points from the proliterate for ignoring the extraordinary monetary fed actions... but it's dumb.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What we actually have here is a massive pile of pig shit covered over with gold leaf...looks good just don't look too deeply...and what's that smell ?

The ponzi scheme is about to collapse and lucky you boards, you will learn what the great depression was like..

You need to produce something like Germany does to create wealth. Making wealth through wall street only reduces the overall value of money....the bogus numbers you like to post don't matter ...inflation will rear it's head  like Godzilla and stomp this country into rubble...invest in rice and beans...

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I find it funny that you think there are and will be no negative consequences to the bailout, stimulus, qe1, qe2, qe3, zero interest rates, deficits, debt... etc. An equally plausible explanation is that these measures have created another bubble... a money bubble.

We are in the midst of an almost unprecedented run in job growth and a very strong GDP. Betting that we may dip into a recession at some point in the midst of that is like someone saying "I bet red is going to come up some time in the next 10 rolls" when black has hit 50 times in a row.

"I bet we go into recession at some point in the future. Further, I bet that the central bank will employ monetary policy to help ease that economic disturbance."

No shit? Thank you, Captain Obvious!

The fed monetary policy is what has been unprecedented... but you ignore it almost fully... that is what's obvious.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I knew you wouldn't grasp the relevance, but thanks for "mercifully allowing me to exit". ROFLMA. For an unqualified narcissist you sure have delusions of competence. A true legend in your own mind. Wow!

Fair enough. Have it your way. Can you explain the relevance of your article to today's CPI numbers?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

We are in the midst of an almost unprecedented run in job growth and a very strong GDP.  Betting that we may dip into a recession at some point in the midst of that is like someone saying "I bet red is going to come up some time in the next 10 rolls" when black has hit 50 times in a row.

"I bet we go into recession at some point in the future.  Further, I bet that the central bank will employ monetary policy to help ease that economic disturbance."

No shit?  Thank you, Captain Obvious!

The fed monetary policy is what has been unprecedented... but you ignore it almost fully... that is what's obvious.

When you say that I have ignored fed policy, you realize that you're just making shit up, right? I'm pretty sure that I post about fed policy and the CPI all the time. I'm pretty sure that we're actually having this very conversation within one of those threads.

2seaoat wrote:Bill Clinton: I know why US incomes are stagnant

Bill Clinton is dead cinch correct, and completely consistent with what Boards has been saying for the last three years.  The President and every person remotely familiar with economics understands the failure of the minimum wage to keep up with the 1968 index adjusted for inflation has huge ramifications on median income.  The blockade on minimum wage incremental increases is bad for American business and our GDP.  70% of our GDP is driven by demand and when we allow record profits to go untaxed and top brackets to get tax cuts we feed  the income disparity and slow growth of the median income average.   Boards has been dead cinch correct from the get go..........and I think some people are jealous of his intelligence and understanding of these issues.

Please tell us how corporate profits are not taxed.  Has there been some congressional action that removes the corporate tax? / If you take a look at the taxes paid by the top individual income producers you will see that it is they who pay a disparately high rate in taxes.

boards of FL

boards of FL

colaguy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bill Clinton: I know why US incomes are stagnant

Bill Clinton is dead cinch correct, and completely consistent with what Boards has been saying for the last three years.  The President and every person remotely familiar with economics understands the failure of the minimum wage to keep up with the 1968 index adjusted for inflation has huge ramifications on median income.  The blockade on minimum wage incremental increases is bad for American business and our GDP.  70% of our GDP is driven by demand and when we allow record profits to go untaxed and top brackets to get tax cuts we feed  the income disparity and slow growth of the median income average.   Boards has been dead cinch correct from the get go..........and I think some people are jealous of his intelligence and understanding of these issues.

Please tell us how corporate profits are not taxed.  Has there been some congressional action that removes the corporate tax? / If you take a look at the taxes paid by the top individual income producers you will see that it is they who pay a disparately high rate in taxes.

I suspect he may have been referring to the fact that corporate profits are higher than they have ever been, though corporate tax receipts are nowhere near record highs.  Meanwhile, the opposite is the case on the individual level.  Personal income tax receipts are higher than they have ever been, though personal income - for the middle and working class, at least - is stagnant.

2seaoat

Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November.  Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong? Indivi10

In 2010, corporate tax revenue constituted about 9% of all federal revenues or 1.3% of GDP.  The above link shows how corporation tax revenue has plummeted since the lowering of corporate rates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_tax_in_the_United_States#mediaviewer/File:US_Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg

We simply need to reclaim the lost corporate taxes and attack debt while looking to lower middle class tax rates while increasing top rates significantly.  Our demand economy has been crippled by reaganomics and its flawed theories, and clearly you can see how the tax policy has attacked the middle class and led to income disparity.

2seaoat

Couple this with the too low capital gains tax and you have the fiscal disaster of 2007. We need to collect former rates of revenue and clean up the tax code from a subsidy ridden special interest drafted poison pill, to a dynamic tool to improve our GDP.

2seaoat wrote:Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November.  Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong? Indivi10

In 2010, corporate tax revenue constituted about 9% of all federal revenues or 1.3% of GDP.  The above link shows how corporation tax revenue has plummeted since the  lowering of corporate rates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_tax_in_the_United_States#mediaviewer/File:US_Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg

We simply need to reclaim the lost corporate taxes and attack debt while looking to lower middle class tax rates while increasing top rates significantly.  Our demand economy has been crippled by reaganomics and its flawed theories, and clearly you can see how the tax policy has attacked the middle class and led to income disparity.

The OMB statistics differ from your (uncited) chart. It indicates corporate tax receipts have varied as a % over the years, but have been increasing since 2009.  It is common knowledge that the wealthiest income earners pay the majority of the federal tax receipts, and that about half of all income earners pay no federal taxes.  Why you distort the facts and want the wealthy to pay more is baffling.  However, I agree with you about attacking the Debt.  Unfortunately that has yet to occur.  

2seaoat

The differential of post WWII corporate rates and effective rates today would generate 680 billion per year more revenue. This means in 25 years the entire national debt would be retired. Instead, we have destroyed our middle class and allowed fungible wealth to be exported to other countries where wealth has no patriotism nor concern for American citizens. We do not need to pay down our national debt in 25 years, but we do need to increase the corporate rates to about half of their highs so that somewhere in the 3% of gdp.

The increases would need to be gradual, and coupled with complete rewrite on the tax code on capital gains, depreciation, and credits we could certainly have this nation debt free in a generation.

colaguy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Consumer Price Index comes in at -0.3 for November.  Could our forum republicans/libertarians/incoherents possibly have been any more wrong? Indivi10

In 2010, corporate tax revenue constituted about 9% of all federal revenues or 1.3% of GDP.  The above link shows how corporation tax revenue has plummeted since the  lowering of corporate rates

The OMB statistics differ from your (uncited) chart. It indicates corporate tax receipts have varied as a % over the years, but have been increasing since 2009.  It is common knowledge that the wealthiest income earners pay the majority of the federal tax receipts, and that about half of all income earners pay no federal taxes.  Why you distort the facts and want the wealthy to pay more is baffling.  However, I agree with you about attacking the Debt.  Unfortunately that has yet to occur.  

Though you'll see bof and seagoat use the year 09 to applaud deficit reduction... you won't be allowed the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum