Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

obama's climate deal with china is STUPID

+3
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

It goes like this. China can continue to create as many carbons as it wants, growing its economy cheaply while we will cut ours drastically.

the United States pledges to impede its own economic growth right now, in significant ways, while China will be free to continue building coal-powered plants, expand its economy and cement its place as the world's leading polluter -- perhaps even doubling its output against ours
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/11/14/the_us-china_climate_change_deal_is_terrible_fortunately_it_doesnt_matter_124658.html

Have you noticed that no one has been applauding this or the g20 from the left? Obama also gave emerging countries 4b.

Why would anyone think he would have any particular skill at negotiating deals? Unless you think he's lying to stupid china.

Sal

Sal

China is moving toward carbon trading on a national scale, maybe even by next year.

They have a few local pilot projects now going on.

Beijing and other cities are finding that air pollution is a significant drag on their economy and a primary reason for political and social unrest.

China is so big that it has to do EVERYTHING as quickly as possible.

They are moving and will move fast.

Chinese plutocrats are jumping into green energy with both feet, not for any environmental reason, but to make bucks in an exploding market.

The US will, again, be left in the dust unless it maneuvers past Inhofe, Koch Bros, and the other Fossil(ized) Fools.

PkrBum wrote:Have you noticed that no one has been applauding this or the g20 from the left? Obama also gave emerging countries 4b.

Why would anyone think he would have any particular skill at negotiating deals? Unless you think he's lying to stupid china.

Yes, Ive noticed they have selective attention or should I say they just live in a unicorn world where they make it up as they go and ignore the truth.

And the truth is, this president doesn't have the best interest of Americans and America at heart.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am frightened by the politics driving the climate change movement. There was a letter to the Editor in the PNJ the other day which claimed America's coastal cities will be swamped by rising seas before 2050 if we do not act to address climate change immediately. That is noting but pure fearmongering.

This is a political movement, which has chosen an aspect of science to use to advance its agenda. The agenda is control of humanity at a global level, simply put.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am frightened by the politics driving the climate change movement. There was a letter to the Editor in the PNJ the other day which claimed America's coastal cities will be swamped by rising seas before 2050 if we do not act to address climate change immediately. That is noting but pure fearmongering.

This is a political movement, which has chosen an aspect of science to use to advance its agenda. The agenda is control of humanity at a global level, simply put.

I agree and a few others here I am sure also agree with your statement.

Unfortunately now their elected lord has gone and made this economically disastrous deal with China which will only serve to weaken our economy at a very fragile time and strengthen china's. All in the name of the global warming agenda.

I'm starting to think that "global warming" is really a code name for global order agenda. Wink

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am frightened by the politics driving the climate change movement. There was a letter to the Editor in the PNJ the other day which claimed America's coastal cities will be swamped by rising seas before 2050 if we do not act to address climate change immediately. That is noting but pure fearmongering.

I know you're personally invested in the fossil fuel industry, but you shouldn't let those interests interfere with your critical thinking skills.

Aligning yourself with the Flat Earth Society damages your credibility.

The seas are rising and acidifying, and there are numerous communities in Florida that will be at serious risk by 2030, forget about 2050.

Science doesn't respect politics.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:China is moving toward carbon trading on a national scale, maybe even by next year.

Beijing and other cities are finding that air pollution is a significant drag on their economy and a primary reason for political and social unrest.

Chinese plutocrats are jumping into green energy with both feet, not for any environmental reason, but to make bucks in an exploding market.

The US will, again, be left in the dust unless it maneuvers past Inhofe, Koch Bros, and the other Fossil(ized) Fools.

China has agreed to nothing and Congress will not approve this crippling deal for America.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:

I know you're personally invested in the fossil fuel industry, but you shouldn't let those interests interfere with your critical thinking skills.

Aligning yourself with the Flat Earth Society damages your credibility.

The seas are rising and acidifying, and there are numerous communities in Florida that will be at serious risk by 2030, forget about 2050.

Science doesn't respect politics.

Yes, Global Warming caused all those massive hurricanes we had this year.  Oh, what, that's right, we didn't have any hurricanes this year.

We haven't had any change in temperature in 18 years.

The ice cap at both poles are far larger.  Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore said it would be gone by 2013.

The seas have not risen.

I've not taken a litmus test of the oceans but if that is as "accurate" as the rest of your information, that hasn't changed either.

obama's climate deal with china is STUPID AlGoreIce

Last edited by Markle on 11/16/2014, 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Queen of the Universe wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Have you noticed that no one has been applauding this or the g20 from the left? Obama also gave emerging countries 4b.

Yes, Ive noticed they have selective attention or should I say they just live in a unicorn world where they make it up as they go and ignore the truth.

And the truth is, this president doesn't have the best interest of Americans and America at heart.

And neither does any other right wing Republican.

Wordslinger wrote:

This isn't about republicans.

Its about Obama making a deal with the Chinese to allow them to continue to create carbons growing their economy with cheap energy while America gets screwed by having to further reduce ours and use expensive green energy.

sorry you don't get that. But I'm not surprised. Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

I watched Rand Paul on Bill Mahr last night.  When Bill asked him about Global warming.   The answer from Paul who is representing a coal state was interesting.  He did not deny the science.  He said the issue is how we deal with the transition and the policy we put in place.  He called for a balanced approach to deal with the transition.

I think I come down on Z's side on this.  I think the science is good, but I do not think there is certainty as to the time table of sea level changes.  I own properties which are on waterfront and only a few feet of above sea level.  Some of those properties still have 20 years left on the mortgage.  I raised the houses to the new SR Fema elevations which increased 3 feet after Ivan.  However, if there is even a six inch increase in sea level in the next twenty years, those properties are going to be rendered almost worthless.

I think instead of looking at this as simply global warming, we should look at it as pollution.  The increase of breathing issues in this country and the world are indicative of the adverse impact pollution has on humans.  I saw where SO2 removal and the acid rain disaster was corrected in less than twenty years by pollution control.  The science is good, and the need for reduction of pollution has never been needed more.  It does not have to be puffed in a political agenda, rather the practical need is now obvious even to Rand Paul.

oh for fucks sake. Another god damned rambling book by seashit.

Is it to damn hard to understand Obama let china fuck the USA? Yeah, I guess that's the kind of president you stupid people like. Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I watched Rand Paul on Bill Mahr last night.  When Bill asked him about Global warming.   The answer from Paul who is representing a coal state was interesting.  He did not deny the science.  He said the issue is how we deal with the transition and the policy we put in place.  He called for a balanced approach to deal with the transition.

I think I come down on Z's side on this.  I think the science is good, but I do not think there is certainty as to the time table of sea level changes.  I own properties which are on waterfront and only a few feet of above sea level.  Some of those properties still have 20 years left on the mortgage.  I raised the houses to the new SR Fema elevations which increased 3 feet after Ivan.  However, if there is even a six inch increase in sea level in the next twenty years, those properties are going to be rendered almost worthless.

I think instead of looking at this as simply global warming, we should look at it as pollution.  The increase of breathing issues in this country and the world are indicative of the adverse impact pollution has on humans.  I saw where SO2 removal and the acid rain disaster was corrected in less than twenty years by pollution control.  The science is good, and the need for reduction of pollution has never been needed more.  It does not have to be puffed in a political agenda, rather the practical need is now obvious even to Rand Paul.

I have had several people tell me to watch the Rand Paul/Maher exchange. I downloaded it but haven't watched yet.

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I watched Rand Paul on Bill Mahr last night.  When Bill asked him about Global warming.   The answer from Paul who is representing a coal state was interesting.  He did not deny the science.  He said the issue is how we deal with the transition and the policy we put in place.  He called for a balanced approach to deal with the transition.

I have had several people tell me to watch the Rand Paul/Maher exchange.  I downloaded it but haven't watched yet.

why don't you try first reading the deal Obama just gave china mr economics, then come back here with your excuses and tell us how that deal is good for America?

I cant wait.

or you can go watch football, its never fun getting your ass handed to you by a woman.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

By 2030? An asteroid may collide with the Earth before then, so we need to mandate that all of humanity build asteroid-shelters in the short term to avoid mass calamity.

My personal investments in oil and gas have no bearing on my opinions about the climate change arguments. I won't deny that I have such investments, nor will I deny the fact that I am personally fascinated with the oil and gas industry, and energy development as a whole. I have written on this forum extensively about energy, and will continue to do so.

I will never be sold on the idea that 2030 is the drop-dead date for global climate change--I have a hard enough time with the argument as it is. The political forces behind this movement have a lot of work on their hands shutting-down the coal, oil, and gas industries in the next 15 years--they had best get to work on it, lickity-split.

It will be an uphill climb shutting-down an industry projected to be producing 10 million barrels of crude per day from U.S. oilfields in 2030. That just falls into the not-going-to-happen category.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

This isn't about republicans.

Its about Obama making a deal with the Chinese to allow them to continue to create carbons growing their economy with cheap energy while America gets screwed by having to further reduce ours and use expensive green energy.

sorry you don't get that. But I'm not surprised. Rolling Eyes

Exactly!

The key players of this agenda don't advertise their core ideology... but I think most people would not agree with it.

Things like population control and eugenics and global governance... it's just another means to a familiar end.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:The key players of this agenda don't advertise their core ideology... but I think most people would not agree with it.

Things like population control and eugenics and global governance...  it's just another means to a familiar end.

That is exactly why I am wary of it. I also agree with your second paragraph.

Sal wrote:China is moving toward carbon trading on a national scale, maybe even by next year.

This is economic warfare. We already know Obama sucks at conventional warfare. We gain nothing as an economic power by pretending that climate change is real and allowing nations like China to continue down their merry path to destroying us economically. This agreement is one of many steps to ensuring we become an also-ran economically.

Youe idiocy of building on the water is your own problem, not ours.

The left must be running from this wonderful greenhouse victory their lord has provided LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I agree that the argument lost focus when it switched from pollution to climate change. The science is beyond the scope of the average person, but the effects of pollution on the environment are tangible. China and the US are the world's largest polluters. An agreement between the two leaves the door open for other major polluters to join in the effort. Here's a typical day in China, where joggers and commuters have to wear masks:

obama's climate deal with china is STUPID Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlbLV7NiwJITA2smhxSVzbticZcNfQDIbgqUmx3vZN7rc_jW7y

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

According to SMITHSONIAN, Chinese pollution is now spreading across the Pacific to the west coast of the US.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/air-pollution-china-is-spreading-across-pacific-us-180949395/?no-ist

obama's climate deal with china is STUPID China_air_pollution.jpg__800x600_q85_crop_subject_location-826,1226

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

China and the US are the world's largest polluters.

The U.S. the world's biggest polluter? The United States has some of the most protective environmental laws in the world; both at the federal and state levels. These are heavily enforced, and industry does not complain about it--much anyway. They hire consultants like the company I worked for 16 years to help with their compliance. There is no conspiracy between industry and government to slowly poison our people.

As for China, we simply exported our manufacturing and the pollution that goes with it to their country, right or wrong. No environmental laws in China, and no costs associated with environmental compliance = cheaper imported goods (helped also by slave-wages for Chinese workers) for the American people, and a poisoned atmosphere for the Chinese. The Chinese could actually take a lesson from U.S. environmental legislation, and issue their own clean air and water laws. They probably need a superfund law to clean up toxic sites, also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum