Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you know there may be an earth-like planet only 12 light-years away from us?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If it's all eventually confirmed to be true,  this will likely be the first place outside our solar system humans will eventually travel to if we learn how to travel at speeds close to the speed of light.

http://news.sciencemag.org/2012/12/another-earth-just-12-light-years-away

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Now if we could just get to the moon alive we might get to Venus/mars from there...of course we would die anywhere we go but within a few hundred years..who knows.....oh hell, we will all be extinct in a few hundred years, who we kidding ?

alien alien

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:.oh hell, we will all be extinct in a few hundred years, who we kidding ?

That's a possibility. But the future is impossible to predict.
For example, how do we know we won't have help from somewhere else before that happens?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

People in the future will be eating long pork and mud pies....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:People in the future will be eating long pork and mud pies....

I'd never heard the term "long pork" before. I had to google the meaning of it. lol

Vikingwoman

I have never doubted one day we will find planets w/ life possibly similar to us.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A ship traveling at 186000 miles per SECOND could reach it in only 12 years....

Apollo 10 set the record for the highest speed attained by a manned vehicle at 39,897 km/h (11.08 km/s or 24,791 mph) during the return from the Moon on May 26, 1969.

24,791 Mile Per HOUR......compare 186000 Miles per SECOND

let's convert

60 x 186000= 11,160,000 miles per MINUTE

60X 11,160,00=669,600,000 Miles Per HOUR

So if we can go 669,600,000/24,791 or 27,010 times faster than we have ever gone before we can get there in 12 years...

LOL we will never set foot on another earth like  planet EVER !

A side note I thought about...light speed would be equivalent to going around the earth 27000 times in one hour....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Escape velocity from the moon would be approximately 4000 mph....does this look like 4000 mph ?

@ 55 seconds..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Excellent point,  teo.  That proves astronauts never lifted off from the Moon.
Here's some more proof the entire thing had to be a fake.  

The speed required to reach Earth orbit (the "escape velocity") is a whopping 18,000 mph.

Take a look when the video time counter gets to the same @55 mark.
Does this look like 18,000 mph?  Hell no.  Further proof that not only just the moon landing but the whole shebang was a fake.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn, teo. You've made me realize that, not only the Apollo missions had to be fake, but any threat of an ICBM attack on the U.S. is a fraud too.
Because, at launch, those ICBM's are traveling about as fast as your motorcycle that day when you left David's Catfish House.
At that rate, it would take a week or more for a Russian missile to reach the U.S. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:A ship traveling at 186000 miles per SECOND could reach it in only 12 years....

Apollo 10 set the record for the highest speed attained by a manned vehicle at 39,897 km/h (11.08 km/s or 24,791 mph) during the return from the Moon on May 26, 1969.

24,791 Mile Per HOUR......compare 186000 Miles per SECOND

let's convert

60 x 186000= 11,160,000 miles per MINUTE

60X 11,160,00=669,600,000 Miles Per HOUR

So if we can go 669,600,000/24,791 or 27,010 times faster than we have ever gone before we can get there in 12 years...

LOL we will never set foot on another earth like  planet EVER !

A side note I thought about...light speed would be equivalent to going around the earth 27000 times in one hour....

Another excellent point.  

And it just goes to prove that manmade flight itself must be a pipedream too.  Because in 1902,  humans were not even capable of going 1 mph in flight.  There's no way we could have just landed a spacecraft on a comet traveling 130,000 km per hour.   That has to be total bullshit.

AND,  since Isaac Newton never heard of Relativity,  that must be fake too.

Everybody knows that human technology never advances with time.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn,  teo. It just occurred to me that those MRI machines you work on must be fake too. Because as late as the year I was born (1949), humans didn't even know what MRI was. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sorry Bob it's my job to expose the improbability of manned flight...Orville must have used wires....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum