Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I the only one here who listens about equally to foxnews/talk radio and MSNBC? If there is anyone else who does please help me with this question.

+6
Floridatexan
knothead
boards of FL
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

foxnews/talk radio never has anything good to say about obama and never has anything bad to say about romney.

MSNBC never has anything good to say about romney and never has anything bad to say about obama.

That's not an exaggeration. It's literally the truth.
Does that seem a little odd to you? How can one individual be god and the other be the devil to one of these media? And the different individual be god and the different individual be the devil to the other media?
Is it actually possible that one of these two individuals is always right about everything, and the other individual is always wrong about everything?
And why does one-half of this media see everything be black, and the other half see everything be white?

Is that reality?
Because, if it is, it contradicts everything I've learned about human beings over the course of 63 years. Could my thinking about that be so totally fucked up and everything I thought I've learned about people be wrong about what reality actually is? I'm really starting to wonder. Because the other way of thinking is practiced by so many people with so much intelligence and so much experience and so much learning.
Whereas I'm just one person who does not have all that collective intelligence and experience and learning.

I guess what I'm really asking is, am I crazy and everyone else is sane?

Last edited by Bob on 8/31/2012, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:foxnews/talk radio never has anything good to say about obama and never has anything bad to say about romney.

MSNBC never has anything good to say about romney and never has anything bad to say about obama.

That's not an exaggeration. It's literally the truth.
Does that seem a little odd to you? How can one individual be god and the other be the devil to one of these media? And the different individual be god and the different individual be the devil to the other media?
Is it actually possible that one of these two individuals is always right about everything, and the other individual is always wrong about everything?
And why does one-half of this media see everything be black, and the other half see everything be white?

Is that reality?
Because, if it is, it contradicts everything I've learned about human beings over the course of 63 years. Could my thinking about that be so totally fucked up and everything I thought I've learned about people be wrong about what reality actually is? I'm really starting to wonder. Because the other way of thinking is practiced by so many people with so much intelligence and so much experience and so much learning.
Whereas I'm just one person who does not have all that collective intelligence and experience and learning.

I guess what I'm really asking is, am I crazy and everyone else is sane?

Ive come to the conclusion anyone who dares to think for themselves and seeks information in order to come to thier OWN conclusion is going to be labeled crazy.

Just roll with it. You, me and a few others know the truth. Wink

2seaoat

They make money doing what they do.....to call it news is incorrect. It is opinion........the more slanted, the more profitable as they get a solid viewing base....poor CNN has been left in the dust.....silly fools who think they can actually report the news without a slant......it does not get you a viewing base which raises your numbers and profits. Do you think folks would be in a bit more of an uproar about citizens united.....not when it effects the bottom line of every news organization.....the local papers have been systematically chocked of ad revenues as major corporations have foresaken the print media as fewer and fewer control the message. As our newspapers die, so does our democracy........ratings and manipulation of the media with serious corporate money has become the new destination of the Oligarchy, and the front line of defense......the American newspaper......it has been gutted.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Anyone who watches the news in misinformed.
Anyone who doesn't watch the news is uninformed.

Mark Twain

boards of FL

boards of FL

I watch CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and listen to conservative AM talk radio (this is just for news that I watch or listen to, I read just about everything online). The differences that I see between FOX/AM radio and MSNBC is that FOX/AM completely makes shit up, whereas MSNBC chooses only to focus on the negatives of the opposing party. MSNBC isn't lying, per se; they are merely omitting the negatives of their own preferred party. Also, if MSNBC makes a blunder, they will stand corrected. FOX will never do this.

CNN is usually fair and doesn't sway either way.

boards of FL wrote:I watch CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and listen to conservative AM talk radio (this is just for news that I watch or listen to, I read just about everything online). The differences that I see between FOX/AM radio and MSNBC is that FOX/AM completely makes shit up, whereas MSNBC chooses only to focus on the negatives of the opposing party. MSNBC isn't lying, per se; they are merely omitting the negatives of their own preferred party. Also, if MSNBC makes a blunder, they will stand corrected. FOX will never do this.

CNN is usually fair and doesn't sway either way.

lol!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think I'm going to have to turn foxnews/AM and MSNBC off alltogether.
It's just starting to twist my mind up too much.
I notice that when I do have the will power to not listen to any of that and instead watch a movie or listen to the jukebox, I feel so much better afterwards.

It's also getting harder and harder for me to read all the posts here which are obviously influenced by that media.

knothead

knothead

Seaoat got it right . . . . this is an industry and a revenue generator for these corporations. Their ratings dictate the ad rates and the ratings are constantly dependent on their ability to gen up their bases. The more vitriol they can spew the more the base foams at the mouth . . . .screw the truth. I also agree with Crissy in that we each should be as informed as we possibly can be and go from there.

Bob wrote:I think I'm going to have to turn foxnews/AM and MSNBC off alltogether.
I notice that when I do have the will power to not listen to any of that and instead watch a movie or listen to the jukebox, I feel so much better afterwards.

It's also getting harder and harder for me to read all the posts here which are obviously influenced by that media.

movies have agendas too.

music even does. But with all of it, at least you can choose which way to go. The news gives talk as if it is the gospel. when in fact most of it is opinion incerted into a small amount of twisted facts.

I was gonna give you a example and tell you about the first guy I ever slept with, then I changed my mind.......

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I think I'm going to have to turn foxnews/AM and MSNBC off alltogether.

My approach exactly, Bob. I don't watch any of it anymore, except the local news on occasion. There's so much hype and so little substance.

Floridatexan wrote:

My approach exactly, Bob. I don't watch any of it anymore, except the local news on occasion. There's so much hype and so little substance.

I admit. There is a certain amount of bliss that comes with ignorance. Kind of like I wish I never knew how many worms was in our food. Same principle here.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I just read Dan Rather's autobiography, RATHER OUTSPOKEN. He's got a much smaller venue these days at HDNet (watch on YouTube), but he's approaching 80 and still plugging away. I think you'll find him in complete agreement about the corporatization of the news; in fact, I doubt there are many people who could tell it the way he does because he spent so many years as a reporter.

Floridatexan wrote:I just read Dan Rather's autobiography, RATHER OUTSPOKEN. He's got a much smaller venue these days at HDNet (watch on YouTube), but he's approaching 80 and still plugging away. I think you'll find him in complete agreement about the corporatization of the news; in fact, I doubt there are many people who could tell it the way he does because he spent so many years as a reporter.

The news way back was not like it is today. back then news REPORTERS didnt have agendas. They took being reporters as being thier agenda. Now everything is political. Unfortunatly dan was not good at playing the political games news media does these days and got caught in a mess.

I can honestly say I dont follow any one person for the news. I see it, I look into it, and I go from there.

Frankly, without better words to say it. We just live in a fucked up world and I really dont trust anybody.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob, I don't know how long this article will be on the front page of their site but media matters has a very interesting bar graph showing how much time each of the networks CNN, FOX, MSNBC took debunking some of the "falsehoods" in some of Romney's speeches. This is how the different networks with their particular point of view filter or reinforce what they want their base audience to think or to be aware of.

Watching F News or MSNBC is like eating junk food for your mind. If you want whole grain information and data as good as vegetables you have to watch PBS News Hour and listen to NPR. Democracy Now is also good.

Am I the only one here who listens about equally to foxnews/talk radio and MSNBC?  If there is anyone else who does please help me with this question. Romney11

othershoe1030 wrote:Bob, I don't know how long this article will be on the front page of their site but media matters has a very interesting bar graph showing how much time each of the networks CNN, FOX, MSNBC took debunking some of the "falsehoods" in some of Romney's speeches. This is how the different networks with their particular point of view filter or reinforce what they want their base audience to think or to be aware of.

Watching F News or MSNBC is like eating junk food for your mind. If you want whole grain information and data as good as vegetables you have to watch PBS News Hour and listen to NPR. Democracy Now is also good.

Am I the only one here who listens about equally to foxnews/talk radio and MSNBC?  If there is anyone else who does please help me with this question. Romney11

PBS and NPR lol!

right.. PUBLIC/GOV funded is perfect.

Yella

Yella

When all the political news seems to be crap this is the way out of the doldrums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nty8QQDLdjs

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

If you would take an open minded look at the news hours reports or listen to NPR for a few days you might change your mind.
NPR and the News Hour both have excellent reputations for being accurate in their reports.

The graphs do a good job of showing which news organizations even took the time to debunk the inaccurate stories being pumped out on the campaign trail by Romney.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

othershoe1030 wrote:If you would take an open minded look at the news hours reports or listen to NPR for a few days you might change your mind.
NPR and the News Hour both have excellent reputations for being accurate in their reports.

The graphs do a good job of showing which news organizations even took the time to debunk the inaccurate stories being pumped out on the campaign trail by Romney.

Isn't npr government funded?

Might as well listen to the cia or the fbi. I'm sure they wouldn't lie to us.

ghandi wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:If you would take an open minded look at the news hours reports or listen to NPR for a few days you might change your mind.

Isn't npr government funded?

Might as well listen to the cia or the fbi. I'm sure they wouldn't lie to us.

and dont forget that soros gave 1.8 BILLION$$$$$ to NPR.....on top of GOV funds.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Can any of you who discount NPR's reporting point to a body of work they've produced and say it was not accurate?
That is the point.

i think the firing of juan williams was a clue. if you ever listen to npr... their politics are made clear... that said the do present a better quality of "news"from than most other sources.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:i think the firing of juan williams was a clue. if you ever listen to npr... their politics are made clear... that said the do present a better quality of "news"from than most other sources.

The Juan Williams case was a bad decision on NPR's part IMO. The link below goes into the details and I think presents both sides of the issue.

Let's look at this "truth in news" subject from another angle as a way of getting at the point, that being: "are there any reliable news sources these days or are they all opinionated spin machines?"

Would you say that the Wall Street Journal is a conservative publication? Most people would think that. Well, does this automatically mean I, as a liberal, can't trust what they print as facts? No, I pretty much would think they were a reliable source of information because they have a track record of being honest.
Same could be said for the Christian Science Monitor. It's not how the organization leans that is the problem it is what they put forth as being true that should be considered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/21/AR2010102101474_2.html?sid=ST2010102101990

VectorMan

VectorMan

othershoe1030 wrote:Can any of you who discount NPR's reporting point to a body of work they've produced and say it was not accurate?
That is the point.

Go to newsbusters.org and search NPR or PBS and you'll see they're part of the liberal media too. They may be accurate in what they report, but what do they leave out? That's part of the point.

I don't watch much news. I read more than anything else. Sometimes I'm subjected to the liberal circle jerks on Good Morning America (with hack George Stephanopolus (?)) and ABC Evening News (with hack Diane Sawyer), and that's only because I'm not controlling the remote. LOL

I see the libs constantly bitching about Fox News and conservative radio. Bitch all you want, but you have to admit there are way more liberal programs than conservative. I think libs just can't stand the fact that Fox News and Rush and Hannity and Beck beats all the liberal programs. That may be telling in and of itself. That liberals are a minority.

NaNook

NaNook

For news, Fox is the source. Remember, Bill is a pragmatist, Sean leans right but offers left views on his show, Greta is a Democrat.

MSNBC has a panel of screw-balls........red meat to the base.

I do watch Morning Joe if Joe is there. Otherwise it's a liberal love fest.

Fox has hard news against Chris ( tingle up my leg) Matthews.

Just look at the latest TV viewing polls, Fox beat everyone.

I don't believe everything I hear or read.

I do know Romney went to La. yesterday, while Obama was bragging........go figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum