Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No mention of "booby traps"?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No mention of "booby traps"? Empty No mention of "booby traps"? 8/31/2012, 1:59 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/30/state-department-hold-down-fort-other-common-phrases-could-be-offensive/?test=latestnews

So this is what the chief diversity officer does.
I wonder if he knows where the title "chief" comes from?
Hypocrite.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

The Chief Diversity Officer has recommended the term Booby Traps be changed to Breast Entanglements.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16335_7-innocent-gestures-that-can-get-you-killed-overseas.html

For instance:

No mention of "booby traps"? Thumb110

What you think you are saying:
"Ayyyyy! I'm the fuckin' Fonz!"

What you are actually saying:
"Ayyyyy! I'm going to jam my thumb in your anus!"

What the hell?
It's not just the Middle East. This seemingly universal gesture is also hideously offensive in West Africa and South America, whose citizens would doubtless get really confused if they ever watched Ebert and Roeper. "This movie is great, Bill! So great that I'd like to anally rape it with my thumb!"

The thumbs-up sign has been confusing people for thousands of years. Contrary to Hollywood legend, Roman gladiators were not spared by a thumbs-up, but by a hidden thumb. If the origins of both gestures are linked, we can only assume this meant, "Do not kill the prisoner, he seems the perfect solution to the emperor's arthritic finger."

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? Img47f10[/img]

someone said boobs?

and one for Teo

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? Guns10[/img]

This womans boobs want to go a different direction

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? Summar10[/img]

I found these boobs for granny

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? A9766210[/img]

found these boobs for bob, for when hes watching all those crazy news people on tv.

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? A9766211[/img]

[img]No mention of "booby traps"? Th_boo10[/img]

For prkbum, good solid healthcare services

10No mention of "booby traps"? Empty Re: No mention of "booby traps"? 9/2/2012, 12:12 am

Markle

Markle

ghandi wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/30/state-department-hold-down-fort-other-common-phrases-could-be-offensive/?test=latestnews

Hypocrite.

In the real estate industry there are many words considered "trigger" words. Words you should either use with caution, or not use at all as they might bring charges of discrimination. Or if not a direct violation, an additional charge to another complaint. It came about from the days right after the Civil Rights Act of 1968 was passed. People, newspaper, real estate companies used "code" words instead of saying "Whites Only". Some of those "trigger words are "Executive Neighborhood", Exclusive Neighborhood". Lots of others.

Some years past a substantial radical group were trying feverishly to have other words added to the list in the interest of "Political Correctness.

I'm not joking, some of the words they wanted banned were master bedroom or master suite, walk in closet, scenic vista, magnificent sunsets, walking distance to shopping/park whatever.

Rarely for the government and HUD, saner heads prevailed and the requests were denied.

Markle wrote:
ghandi wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/30/state-department-hold-down-fort-other-common-phrases-could-be-offensive/?test=latestnews

Hypocrite.

In the real estate industry there are many words considered "trigger" words. Words you should either use with caution, or not use at all as they might bring charges of discrimination. Or if not a direct violation, an additional charge to another complaint. It came about from the days right after the Civil Rights Act of 1968 was passed. People, newspaper, real estate companies used "code" words instead of saying "Whites Only". Some of those "trigger words are "Executive Neighborhood", Exclusive Neighborhood". Lots of others.

Some years past a substantial radical group were trying feverishly to have other words added to the list in the interest of "Political Correctness.

I'm not joking, some of the words they wanted banned were master bedroom or master suite, walk in closet, scenic vista, magnificent sunsets, walking distance to shopping/park whatever.

Rarely for the government and HUD, saner heads prevailed and the requests were denied.

why in the world would they want magnificent sunsets banned? Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum