Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama expected to nominate Loretta Lynch to be attorney general

+3
2seaoat
Sal
gatorfan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gatorfan

Cool , she has made her bones on some tough cases and is just the person to scare the crap out of the robber baron financial industry. Besides she has the perfect name for an AG!

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama is expected to nominate U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch of New York to become the next U.S. attorney general, CNN reported Friday.

Lynch, 55, a long-time prosecutor, would be the first African-American woman to hold the job if she is nominated and confirmed by the Senate.

Lynch currently serves as U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York, which covers the borough of Brooklyn, and is thought to be a non-controversial candidate who would be easily confirmed.

She would take the place of outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder, who announced in September that he would resign.

A White House spokesman declined to confirm the CNN report, which cited U.S. officials who had been briefed on the matter.

Lynch emerged as a leading contender for the job after a previous top choice, Kathryn Ruemmler, pulled out of consideration amid concerns that her involvement in controversial White House decisions could complicate her confirmation.[id:nL1N0SN00D]

The Greensboro, North Carolina, native, who earned her college and law degrees at Harvard, worked in the Brooklyn U.S. Attorney's office between 1990 and 2001, and has served in the top post there since the beginning of the Obama administration in 2009.

In her first stint at the office she oversaw the prosecution of a New York police officer who sodomized Haitian immigrant Abner Louima, an incident that became a national symbol for police brutality.

In April, Lynch's office indicted Republican U.S. Representative Michael Grimm for fraud. Her office also helped investigate Citigroup Inc over shoddy mortgage securities the bank sold, which led the bank to enter into a $7 billion settlement in July.

Lynch's office also was involved in the December 2012 $1.2 billion accord with HSBC over the bank's lapses in its anti-money laundering controls.

(Reporting by Aruna Viswanatha and Julia Edwards; Editing by Bill Trott)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/07/us-usa-justice-lynch-idUSKBN0IR1RR20141107

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:Cool , she has made her bones on some tough cases and is just the person to scare the crap out of the robber baron financial industry.

I'm sure she'll sail smoothly through the confirmation process now that the Republicans are in control. [sarc]

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Cool , she has made her bones on some tough cases and is just the person to scare the crap out of the robber baron financial industry.

I'm sure she'll sail smoothly through the confirmation process now that the Republicans are in control. [sarc]

Well loon, the object lesson here is that not only is she well qualified but she is respected on both sides of the aisle.

I expect her to sail through if nominated.

Enforce the law... that would be a nice change from holder. I like what I've heard about her so far.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:the object lesson here is that not only is she well qualified but she is respected on both sides of the aisle.

You obviously haven't been paying attention for the past six years.

But, never fear.

The howler monkeys at the Daily Caller and Breitbart are busy scouring her grammar school papers looking for anything positive she wrote about the Black Panthers or negative about guns, and they'll let you know what you really think about her in due course.

"OMG!!  She had lunch in the same restaurant as Van Jones in 2010!!!"

"IMPEACH!!!"

So you are against candidates being vetted ?

2seaoat

Holder is the worse AG since Mitchell. He was an apologist for wall street and the banksters. It would be nice to have somebody who is willing to work for the people of this country and not wall street and the banksters. Not one indictment against those who crashed this country with fraud and deception and dissipated trillions of our wealth.

I would think this appointment will be made before the end of the year and should be relatively smooth.

Sal

Sal

lol

I just went over to one of the wingnut websites that some of our posters frequently use as a source and perused the comments regarding this story.

There seems to be a general consensus that she's an angry black lesbian clone of Eric Holder with secret communistic ties to Obama, because they both went to Harvard Law, albeit at different times.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Busy day, huh!

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:lol

I just went over to one of the wingnut websites that some of our posters frequently use as a source and perused the comments regarding this story.

There seems to be a general consensus that she's an angry black lesbian clone of Eric Holder with secret communistic ties to Obama, because they both went to Harvard Law, albeit at different times.

LOL, no surprise whatsoever . . .

Sal

Sal

As noted a bit earlier, on Saturday Breitbart published an exclusive pointing out that President Obama's Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch was part of the team that defended President Clinton during the Whitewater investigation - not a bad little scooplet. Only it wasn't the same Loretta Lynch, which kind of takes the punch out of the story.

Breitbart then issued a 'correction'. But like I said, it's a correction for the ages.

As you can see, the headline and the entire article is intact, replete with various references to Lynch's time in the early 90s defending the Clintons. There's a little "[Corrected]" tacked on to the headline, even though the headline stays the same. And that's it.

Until you get all the way down to the bottom of the piece.

Obama expected to nominate Loretta Lynch to be attorney general V8ixpw10

The best I can say in defense of this comical 'correction' is that it would be challenging to amend the piece in light of the categorical collapse of the article's central assertion. I mean, how do you correct it? I guess you just don't? Which is pretty much what they did here.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/breitbart-issues-best-correction-since-forever

Obama expected to nominate Loretta Lynch to be attorney general 08-51

On a lighter note...

Every time I hear her name mentioned I think they are saying Loretta Lynn.

Well, she might be a good choice. She was born a coal miner's daughter. Laughing

Ok, back to the regular shooting of arrows...

Vikingwoman

Cruz and Lee are demanding she denounce Obama's immigration policies,huh? LOL!

She appears to be a very bright lady and a straight shooter. I'm surprised obama nominated her.

Vikingwoman

Do you go over to that forum as a break from reality or are you seriously interested in what the drool squad is saying?

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:

Do you go over to that forum as a break from reality or are you seriously interested in what the drool squad is saying?

Know your enemies.

And they are you.....

Sal

Sal

Ruh roh ...

Who coulda seen this coming?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/loretta-lynch-attorney-general-delayed-confirmation-115138.html?hp=t2_r

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Well loon, the object lesson here is that not only is she well qualified but she is respected on both sides of the aisle.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/30/us/politics/in-holding-up-loretta-lynch-attorney-general-nominee-gop-is-in-a-quandary.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

Sal

Sal

Let's be clear about what we're seeing here.

Repukes hate Hispanic immigrants so much that they are refusing to confirm the first African-American woman AG nominee.

It's the trifecta of stupid, offending Hispanics, African-Americans, and women in one fell swoop.

Amazing.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Let's be clear about what we're seeing here.

Repukes hate Hispanic immigrants so much that they are refusing to confirm the first African-American woman AG nominee.

It's the trifecta of stupid, offending Hispanics, African-Americans, and women in one fell swoop.

Amazing.

Interesting article. It sounds like you described the situation well.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Gator needs to join us on sports predictions.....he would fit right in......

Sal

Sal

The wait continues ....

WASHINGTON -- Loretta Lynch has been waiting more than five months for the Senate to vote to confirm her as U.S. attorney general.

She'll have to keep waiting.

Republican leaders have tied a vote on Lynch to the passage of an unrelated bill targeting sex trafficking. That bill, which normally would be bipartisan, has stalled for weeks because Republicans tucked an anti-abortion provision into it that Democrats won't support. As long as the bill doesn't move, neither does Lynch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/republicans-loretta-lynch_n_7075276.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum