Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADP Employment Report: 230,000 private sector jobs added to the economy in October

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461136&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

ADP's estimate for private payroll growth for October is 230,000 which is right at the Econoday consensus and compares against a revised 225,000 for September. The corresponding Econoday consensus for Friday's jobs report from the government is 235,000 vs September's 236,000.

ADP Employment Report: 230,000 private sector jobs added to the economy in October Showimage

part time, meaningless jobs....most are seasonal for Christmas

boards of FL

boards of FL

Any predictions for the employment situation report on Friday?

I'll say 190,000 jobs and the unemployment rate will hold steady.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:part time, meaningless jobs....most are seasonal for Christmas

It turns out that there has, in fact, been no such rush to reduce work hours. Indeed, numbers released last week reveal that precisely the opposite is taking place.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of part-time workers in the United States has fallen by 300,000 since March of 2010 when the Affordable Care Act was passed into law. What’s more, in the past year alone—the time period in which the nation was approaching the start date for Obamacare—full-time employment grew by over 2 million while part-time employment declined by 230,000.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/03/10/the-real-numbers-on-the-obamacare-effect-are-in-now-let-the-crow-eating-begin/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum