Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seagoat

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Seagoat Empty Seagoat 10/19/2014, 6:26 pm

Looked through the poker room and the wsop venue up stairs... and the buffet... and the bar. Sitting outside poker room... well probably play a sit n go satellite to tomorrows events soon if I don't see you. My phone number is in pm.

2Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/19/2014, 8:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pkr,

How many players start out at the WSOP?

3Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/19/2014, 8:52 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

got it.

The 45th annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) $10,000 No-Limit Hold'em Championship - commonly referred to as the Main Event - is down to its final nine players. The "November Nine" - a diverse and international group - is all that remains of the massive field of 6,683 players from 87 different nations who entered the iconic tournament seeking poker's most coveted title and a top prize of $10 million.

4Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/19/2014, 9:21 pm

This is a wsop series event... Just won my $370 entry plus $150 on my first try.

5Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:05 am

2seaoat

WTF,

I get to the poker room around 2pm and play 1-2. The Bears are losing 24-7. I play about 45 minutes and I am in the 1 seat watching the poker registration at the entrance to the room. At 2:30 I get up and go to the buffet area and stand by the cashiers and stood their to 3:25. At 3:25 the turbo was in round 6 and I had to register. I sit in my turbo seat and I am in the seven seat and can watch the front door of the Venue. I make the final table and get an $800 pay out and collect my money. I proceed back down to the poker room and walk around every table outside and inside.

Now the bad part is I told you I would attach red police tap to my black baseball cap. So I am getting all these stares......like WTF is wrong with that guy walking around with red police tape hanging from his hat. The worse part was I was coming up to anybody in sweat pants....and saying PK PK......chit....if I was not goofy enough with the red tape, I sure as chit scared some people tonight. I was certain at around 3:10 I found you. Brown hair slightly graying, slender build around 6 1, and had a slender computer bag over his shoulder. The guy had a phone stuck in his ear and made eye contact, but no recognition......so I walk up to him and say PK......he is talking on the phone.....turns away from me and proceeds to walk to the men's bathroom on the south side of the buffet......at that point I was not going to start following men in to the bathroom saying PK PK wearing a fricking red police tape hanging from my hat.

So I take out my android and hope you will post where you are in the general section here, and I saw nothing when I went into the turbo. After the turbo I check again.....nothing after I walked around every table. So now I position myself on the last Mississippi stud table which everyone has to pass to get to the parking garage hoping you will see the red ribbon. I do not have the password on the Android phone to get my PMs on the forum so I was completely stuck when I finally saw this.

So instead of being able to go to my daughters.....everybody had gone to bed, I had to travel to my office to respond to you because there is no computer at my daughters which has the forum password on it. So now it is 11 pm, I am going to have to get up at 5 am....drive to my daughters, shower, and drive two hours to Chicago to have the surgery at northwestern.
The only good news is that at the end of the night I was $400 up and I made a final table even if it was a turbo.

6Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:16 am

2seaoat

Chit......I just saw your first message at 6:38. I saw a guy with a white hat and sweats sitting in a one table tourney across from the poker room bar in the 2 3 seat with three players. I looked at him but he was talking to the 9 seat. This guy had more blondish hair and looked late 40s........again I could not get my PMs because I only have two computers with my password, and the android is not one of them. If I am feeling up to it, I will play in the sr. event next Saturday. I guy I play with in Elgin and Aurora took third place in event 3. His pay out was 55k, and after taxes he won about 40k, he told him he wanted it all in cash, and said he had six partners who get a piece of each other through the week so he needed to pay them. I finally spoke up and said take his share in a check and pay them from the rest. It is not smart walking around with 40k in your pocket. He thanked me and asked for a 15k check.

7Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:22 am

I looked through both areas multiple times starting at 4:30 when I got there. I had a final go long and then traffic backup that delayed me... I wish you'ld have called or texted me. Sry I missed you. I'll start my tourn at noon tomorrow... will update as able.

8Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:25 am

2seaoat wrote:Chit......I just saw your first message at 6:38. I saw a guy with a white hat and sweats sitting in a one table tourney across from the poker room bar in the 2 3 seat with three players. I looked at him but he was talking to the 9 seat. This guy had more blondish hair and looked late 40s........again I could not get my PMs because I only have two computers with my password, and the android is not one of them. If I am feeling up to it, I will play in the sr. event next Saturday. I guy I play with in Elgin and Aurora took third place in event 3. His pay out was 55k, and after taxes he won about 40k, he told him he wanted it all in cash, and said he had six partners who get a piece of each other through the week so he needed to pay them. I finally spoke up and said take his share in a check and pay them from the rest. It is not smart walking around with 40k in your pocket. He thanked me and asked for a 15k check.

That was me... blue adidas shirt white hat. Damn... I looked all over for you. I started in the #2 seat... but moved to the end of the table as we knocked players out.

9Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:33 am

2seaoat

My surgery starts at 8am.  It will go two hours.  If they cannot close the artery in my groin, I will have to wait 4 hours in recovery otherwise it is only two.  My wife will be driving and I will take some pain pills if I think I can get a wheelchair from the horseshoe and she does not get piszed at me I will try to swing down and wait to a break to talk to you.   I will not be able to play or sit next to people because I will be hot for three days......I usually feel like crap, so I doubt this will work, but post to the general section where you will be on each of the breaks, and if I am up to it I will make it down and talk to you during one of the breaks......it is only a half hour none rush hour from Northwestern and if we can get there by 2-3pm I can probably catch you at the second break.   My wife is not going to be thrilled with this and she is piszed tonight........but we will see if we can get it done.....Again all I have is stars which protect my password and allow me to automatically sign in, so we will have to communicate on this thread......I can only read from my android.

Black jacket, black hat, blue jeans, red fricking police tape on the hat, and 6'3"

10Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:40 am

Man... I spent a couple of hours looking for that damn red tape... lol. Feel free to call or text if you're able.

I'd like to meet you... but I'd hate for you to over do it. I had forgotten how much I love the game... I'll be back.

11Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 12:45 am

2seaoat

Just post what you are wearing Monday, and I will find you.....I had a photographic memory, but I know your glasses and blondish hair. I should have interrupted you but a furerner was in seat 9 talking crap and you were not focused at me staring at you with the fricking red police tape........that is if the boss will let me be stupid after surgery.....but like the old Animal song.....Its my life, and she knows I am a bit crazy.

12Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 8:36 am

Slept good... Ready to play. I'm wearing blue jeans, boots, plaid shirt over a black shirt, and the same white us open baseball cap. Hope the procedure goes well... good luck with the wife... lol. I expect to be there by 11am play begins at noon.

13Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 9:22 am

That russian in seat nine was a trip btw... he fired at the pots right from the start with big over bets. Three times he got his money in behind and rivered people. I set a tight image at first and it paid dividends. I just made sure I reraised him pre-flop or before the turn... I knew he'd call anything to see the river... lol.

14Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 2:09 pm

Table 74 seat 2... Up to about 14k

15Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 3:30 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Table 74 seat 2... Up to about 14k

You must be playing with Monopoly money......  Good luck to you....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 4:37 pm

I'm out... huge hand. I hit a set on the flop. Lady called... she hit two pair on the turn... I shoved... She called.

She hit two outer on the river for a boat. That's poker. Didn't get to see seagoat... hopefully he's feeling ok.

60k pot... went straight to the bar... lol.

17Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 7:01 pm

2seaoat

Cancer 1......Seaoat 0
Wife 1..........Seaoat 0

In at 8:00 am on the road home at 3pm......some days you are the grape, and sometimes you are the steam roller. No Poker or work for awhile. They attacked three tumors on the left hemisphere of the liver......exhausted.

I doubt I will feel good enough to play in Saturday's senior event. I am glad you had a good time. At least I got to watch you banter with the Russian, and if the big C does not get me right away, maybe in your travels we can cross paths again.

18Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 7:14 pm

I'm still trying to shake off that bad beat. The blinds were just 200-400 50 anti... I'm no fun to play with when I get a stack... lol. Them's the breaks... I enjoyed myself and will return... keep me posted of events you can play. Hope you feel better soon.

19Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/20/2014, 10:58 pm

2seaoat

Been sleeping, and I know how getting the beat on the river feels....I was second big stack going into the final table. I have a rule on the final table of letting the play go by two times around before I play unless it is a monster hand. I get down to fifth place and I am still second place even though I had not played a hand, and two people were teetering on elimination when I get a jack nine diamonds. I go all in and the chip leader calls even though I was trying to steal the blinds of two of those teetering.......they fold immediately knowing the chip leader has me covered. The chip leader has ace eight. The flop is seven nine ten.....I have the lead. The turn is an ace.......he has the lead......the river is a jack, and I have two pair and the lead......ooooops.....he has a straight. I won the eight hundred but third paid fifteen hundred and first paid thirty five hundred plus a free entry in the big tourney this friday with a seventeen fifty buy in.....oh well.

I am glad you won the one table tournament and at least got a free entry. I do not think forum members who do not play realize how much skill is involved winning when there are ten players, or getting fifth when there are over a hundred players. The pros will beat a recreational player in a thousand hands nine out ten times and this cannot be allocated to luck. Poker is like life........sometimes you think you just won only to find out you have a one way ticket out of the tournament.

20Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 1:20 pm

Right now I'm on my first train ride... the electric south shore train back to chicago. Then catching the amtrak at union station all the way to michigan. I've always loved trains... this is cool. I heard there are almost always pick up card games on board.

Think I'll take that $70 I'm up and see what's going on... lol.

21Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 1:45 pm

2seaoat

Union station is a trip. Chicago is a beautiful city. I get a kick out of all the Asian tourists walking around and looking up. My wife was telling me a story about Bill Murray who was suffering from depression when he had a particularly bad second city performance. He started to wander around contemplating suicide and considered jumping in the river or lake from a bridge. Before he got to the lake he stopped at the Art institute.......he saw a painting of a girl working the fields with a cycle.....he looked at her eyes.......he said if she can deal with that, I can deal with a bad show. The place is magical. I will be taking the grand kids to the Field museum to look at dinos........the place can make a child's imagination run for a week.....adults too.

22Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 4:53 pm

Well... Union station is a trip. I spent two and a half hours wandering it. Settled in now waiting for my train.

Interesting trip so far.

23Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 5:03 pm

2seaoat

I love to walk over to the famous staircase captured in the untouchables where Elliot Ness is saving a baby and taking out the bad guys every time I have visited there. I have not been in there in a decade, but I will have to take the grandkids in to the museums and probably could grab a train.

24Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 5:19 pm

I saw that... truly awesome. There was just the cutest little boy who took his first steps at the gate lobby.

His mom announced it in a scream and the whole area have him an ovation... lol. He seemed to know it was for him.

Too cute.

25Seagoat Empty Re: Seagoat 10/21/2014, 6:21 pm

Dayum... Gary IN is an ugly depressing place... almost as bad as detroit.

As if the city wasn't bad enough... the industrial area was maybe more. You can tell why so many houses are vacant... because so many enormous factories are vacant. I also was just reading about a serial killer they just caught from there.

Maybe a higher corp tax rate would help? Or higher energy costs? Or bigger federal gas tax? How about an epa directive?

We obviously don't pay enough taxes.

Last edited by PkrBum on 10/21/2014, 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum