Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now over 4000 troops are being sent to the Ebola hotzones

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

This is crazy. We had doctors and nurses with constant training in this type of emergency and the minute one is in contact with an Ebola patient, they themselves die.

Why are we sending ground combat troops as well from the 101st AB Division? What's not being said here?

What will be the protocol for reintroducing these folks to their families after who knows how long they will be gone and exposed to all sorts of pathogens?

It's not our job.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-military-faces-kind-threat-ebola-055717486--finance.html

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:This is crazy. We had doctors and nurses with constant training in this type of emergency and the minute one is in contact with an Ebola patient, they themselves die.

Say what now?

Someone died the moment they came into contact with an Ebola patient?

Why are we sending ground combat troops as well from the 101st AB Division? What's not being said here?

What will be the protocol for reintroducing these folks to their families after who knows how long they will be gone and exposed to all sorts of pathogens?

It's not our job.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-military-faces-kind-threat-ebola-055717486--finance.html

Listen up, soldier boy ...

... you're job is to follow orders.

Nothing more and nothing less.

You see a bogeyman hiding behind every corner and piss yourself at the first perceived threat.

It's scary to think that you're representative of the quality of our all volunteer military.

Actually, I refuse to think you are representative.

I have to believe that our military is full of men and women proud to serve in whatever capacity they are called and brave enough to confront any threat.

It's always been that way.

You're just a cowardly anomaly.

Sorry, but we are being lied to about this virus. Just like when the military lied to me over the anthrax vaccines and in 2013 I ended up with a bilateral pulmonary embolism most likely due to and documented by the DOD as a catalyst for DVTs and pulmonary embolism. I'm having to fight the military on this now as they want to say it was a preexisting condition.

Coward? Hardly. 1193 days in a combat zone from 2003 until 2011. How many days do you have? Oh, that's right you've been sitting on your arse all of this time pretending to do something with your life......

The military hasn't been trained to deal with this...even with all of the training they do for CBRNE. At least when you get hit with the worst of all cases- nerve agent- there is an antidote for the poison. Half the people who come into contact with Ebola are DYING and with the most recent case
we've been told it's hard to catch right? Unless you are a hospital worker with double gloves, mask, face guard.

That's it in a nutshell....a highly protected worker catches it anyhow under the most protective conditions. No thanks.....I won't buy into your lack of concern until someone finds a cure.

2seaoat

The military hasn't been trained to deal with this.

What was your rank in the military? I have listened for weeks as scardy cats are telling us we are all going to die if ISIS comes and gets us. Now, for the last two weeks, I have listened to how Ebola is going to kill all of us and how ill prepared we are.

I would suggest that people of proper rank have skills and understanding above that of lower ranked personnel. The brightest and most able are promoted in the military, and those of lower rank usually have impediments to promotion. The president who is a civilian commander in Chief does not make decisions without those highly qualified military commanders advising him as to what our military capabilities are. If we could not do the mission, we would not go. Period. Now I have always told you that I respect your service, but you wear it like a badge not from a point of view of accomplishment, but as an excuse for the reality of your life. I have known family and friends who have been wounded in combat, and fought in the most dire circumstances, and too the last one of them, not one has talked like you do on this forum. Maybe it is the format of the forum which allows your perspective, but you do not sound like any combat veteran I have ever known. So when the commander in chief uses our military power to help solve a problem which could save thousands of lives and lower the risk of death in America, I can listen to your criticism and weigh it against those who have achieved rank and honor and make an informed opinion. My opinion is that you are like the reserve kicker on the high school football team who never played a minute his senior year, but it never stops him from telling you he was on the State championship team.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:
I have listened for weeks as scardy cats are telling us we are all going to die if ISIS comes and gets us.  Now, for the last two weeks, I have listened to how Ebola is going to kill all of us and how ill prepared we are.

Now over 4000 troops are being sent to the Ebola hotzones Screen23

lmao

2seaoat

I actually like Pace, and probably would be more like him than people think, but it bothers me when he starts puffing like that reserve kicker on the HS football team, and then acts so scared about so many things.   We have become a nation of scardy cats, and the folks I have known who were in combat have just not been so scared and so hateful as Pace. They just do not sweat the little things like Pace. Quit blaming others for your life and take responsibility.  Quit living scared.  Life is too fricking short.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The military hasn't been trained to deal with this.

What was your rank in the military?  I have listened for weeks as scardy cats are telling us we are all going to die if ISIS comes and gets us.  Now, for the last two weeks, I have listened to how Ebola is going to kill all of us and how ill prepared we are.

I would suggest that people of proper rank have skills and understanding above that of lower ranked personnel.  The brightest and most able are promoted in the military, and those of lower rank usually have impediments to promotion.  The president who is a civilian commander in Chief does not make decisions without those highly qualified military commanders advising him as to what our military capabilities are.  If we could not do the mission, we would not go.  Period.   Now I have always told you that I respect your service, but you wear it like a badge not from a point of view of accomplishment, but as an excuse for the reality of your life.   I have known family and friends who have been wounded in combat, and fought in the most dire circumstances, and too the last one of them, not one has talked like you do on this forum.  Maybe it is the format of the forum which allows your perspective, but you do not sound like any combat veteran I have ever known.  So when the commander in chief uses our military power to help solve a problem which could save thousands of lives and lower the risk of death in America, I can listen to your criticism and weigh it against those who have achieved rank and honor and make an informed opinion.  My opinion is that you are like the reserve kicker on the high school football team who never played a minute his senior year, but it never stops him from telling you he was on the State championship team.

I have listened for weeks as scardy cats are telling us we are all going to die if ISIS comes and gets us.  Now, for the last two weeks, I have listened to how Ebola is going to kill all of us and how ill prepared we are.

No you have not.....that statement is your exaggerated BS.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

No, this is some exaggerated BS ...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:We had doctors and nurses with constant training in this type of emergency and the minute one is in contact with an Ebola patient, they themselves die.

lol

2seaoat

Nope.......first it was children who we needed to stop the buses, then it was their diseases, then it was ISIS going to kill ALL of us, and now it is Ebola and how disease is going to sweep the country.......Fox News, CNN, and like sheeple here. It is exactly like the fear of those parents when Ryan White got sick with aids because of a transfusion. No matter how hard sane and rational people tried to temper the panic, they were accused of knowing nothing, and they sure as hell were not going to allow an HIV positive kid in their school because sane people exaggerated that it was safe. The usual suspects live on fear. It is the same fear which the science says has a political viewpoint. Sorry, it is neither exaggerated or BS, it is the simple truth that Scardy cats do not want to hear. It is used to drive a wedge between people of this country, and in the end the scardy cats keep digging their hole.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:No you have not.....that statement is your exaggerated BS.

Nope.......first it was children who we needed to stop the buses, then it was their diseases, then it was ISIS going to kill ALL of us, ,and now it is Ebola and how disease is going to sweep the country.......Fox News, CNN, and like sheeple here.  It is exactly like the fear of those parents when Ryan White got sick with aids because of a transfusion.   No matter how hard sane and rational people tried to temper the panic, they were accused of knowing nothing, and they sure as hell were not going to allow an HIV positive kid in their school because sane people exaggerated that it was safe.   The usual suspects live on fear.  It is the same fear which the science says has a political viewpoint.   Sorry, it is neither exaggerated or BS, it is the simple truth that Scardy cats do not want to hear.  It is used to drive a wedge between people of this country, and in the end the scardy cats keep digging their hole.

Ok Seaoat.....show me were it was stated ...ISIS going to kill ALL of us.

Ebola will spread because it was not contained.....will we all die from Ebola, of course not.

Ryan White...very sad but at the time all information about HIV/ Aides was not known. Fears were real considering one man brought HIV into the country...and now we have millions afflicted with HIV / Aides. If we had all the information regarding HIV and what tests needed to be done to screen donated blood...Ryan would not have contracted the disease. We soon learned if the first blood test was negative...the second test was necessary. We learned that just a little late.....after many many people were infected by tainted blood.

2seaoat

Ok Seaoat.....show me were it was stated ...ISIS going to kill ALL of us.

2seaoat

your exaggerated BS.

Apology please.......or will it be crickets.

Seaoat you and the
Liberals can't even stay on task about the topic.

How many times have you practiced decontamination in CBRN environments? Let me know when you have an answer and I will elaborate.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Seaoat you and the
Liberals can't even stay on task about the topic.

How many times have you practiced decontamination in CBRN environments?  Let me know when you have an answer and I will elaborate.

You are off task.

Médecins Sans Frontières does this constantly, and infections are extremely rare and always due to a breech in protocol.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Now over 4000 troops are being sent to the Ebola hotzones Cricket

Then let them handle it. Don't send people who are untrained to do a job that others should be doing. That's why you were never went across the pond to fight the Taliban or Al Qaeda .... You would have been useless and dead weight .... Literally

2seaoat

How many times have you practiced decontamination in CBRN environments? Let me know when you have an answer and I will elaborate.

I do not know what CBRN means, but I do not need to have a acronym for bull chit if I step in it either. I trust that our military and medical LEADERSHIP have the expertise to address rationally the risks of a particular disease. I think that addressing Ebola where the lack of medical facilities and protocols will allow the disease to expand to a real global threat is a rational policy. We have a regional disease which can be limited in its impact on man. We can do nothing and be fearful, or we can take rational steps to limit the risk. The boogeyman does not like the light of day or reason.

2seaoat

Don't send people who are untrained to do a job that others should be doing.

You have NO idea of the training level of the folks sent. Zero. You can claim by osmosis you have that knowledge, but you do not. I trust that all the American troops who are trained and ready to serve this nation have a much higher probability of returning to their families in America safe as compared to sending them to Syria or Iraq where you correctly say that others should be doing the job. Civilian leadership is far from perfect. However, the American people overwhelming had confidence in our Commander in Chief twice, and his line of command is competent and knowledgeable.

Sal

Sal

Only a couple of dozen highly trained personnel will have any exposure to the virus, and even then, only in the capacity of analyzing samples not patients.

The vast majority being sent over will be working on building facilities and working logistics and will have zero contact with the general population, much less infected patients.

They probably will never even don PPE suits.

PeeDawg is just doing his usual fear-mongering as he does with just about every single issue which arises.

Bedwetter extraordinaire.  

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Then let them handle it.

They are with great skill and bravery.

They're a great organization.

You should make a donation.

Here ....

https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/onetime.cfm?source=AZD140001D53&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=brand_sitelink&gclid=CJjf04KWqsECFabm7AodhSUANg

I try to give them a couple thousand a year.

They have been warning for over six months that it was out of control and their resources and facilities would be overwhelmed.

And, that's where the American troops come in.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:No you have not.....that statement is your exaggerated BS.

Nope.......first it was children who we needed to stop the buses, then it was their diseases, then it was ISIS going to kill ALL of us, and now it is Ebola and how disease is going to sweep the country.......Fox News, CNN, and like sheeple here.  It is exactly like the fear of those parents when Ryan White got sick with aids because of a transfusion.   No matter how hard sane and rational people tried to temper the panic, they were accused of knowing nothing, and they sure as hell were not going to allow an HIV positive kid in their school because sane people exaggerated that it was safe.   The usual suspects live on fear.  It is the same fear which the science says has a political viewpoint.   Sorry, it is neither exaggerated or BS, it is the simple truth that Scardy cats do not want to hear.  It is used to drive a wedge between people of this country, and in the end the scardy cats keep digging their hole.

Since being discovered, how many people have died of AIDS?

2seaoat

Since being discovered, how many people have died of AIDS?

In 2010 in the United States 15,529 people died from AIDS or complications from AIDS. According to Madd over 10k people died from drunk drivers, over 12k died from the flu, about 2k die of west nile and complications of the same, yet 40k die each year in car crashes. http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/03/car-crashes-kill-40000-in-us-every-year/

12 million Americans have food allergies which could result in death, medical errors kill over 98k Americans a year.

As you can see Americans face a number of risks which rational government policy can modify and improve those numbers. You might notice that special interest groups pour money into the system to not address some of those risks. Which Party do you think is on the side of real risk reduction, and which party is paid to ignore risk?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Since being discovered, how many people have died of AIDS?

In 2010 in the United States 15,529 people died from AIDS or complications from AIDS.  According to Madd over 10k people died from drunk drivers, over 12k died from the flu,  about 2k die of west nile and complications of the same, yet 40k die each year in car crashes. http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/03/car-crashes-kill-40000-in-us-every-year/

12 million Americans have food allergies which could result in death,  medical errors kill over 98k Americans a year.

As you can see Americans face a number of risks which rational government policy can modify and improve those numbers.  You might notice that special interest groups pour money into the system to not address some of those risks.  Which Party do you think is on the side of real risk reduction, and which party is paid to ignore risk?

Go view Sal's thread titled "Cut"......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Since being discovered, how many people have died of AIDS?

In 2010 in the United States 15,529 people died from AIDS or complications from AIDS.  According to Madd over 10k people died from drunk drivers, over 12k died from the flu,  about 2k die of west nile and complications of the same, yet 40k die each year in car crashes. http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/03/car-crashes-kill-40000-in-us-every-year/

12 million Americans have food allergies which could result in death,  medical errors kill over 98k Americans a year.

As you can see Americans face a number of risks which rational government policy can modify and improve those numbers.  You might notice that special interest groups pour money into the system to not address some of those risks.  Which Party do you think is on the side of real risk reduction, and which party is paid to ignore risk?

So Aides is right up there with accidents. Time to bring up hot car deaths and devices on all steering wheels.

Self portrait FT?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum