Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thomas Duncan dies in Dallas because he was poor and black . . .

+2
Floridatexan
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Why did the Dallas hospital turn him away when he first reported he was sick and from Liberia?

Hmmm.  Let me think this one through ... Dallas, Texas.  The victim is black,  He has no health insurance ... Hmmmmm .... could it be?

Yeah.  It's all to easy to simply think of the hospital as one run by Texans who are incredibly stupid.  The dead ebola victim wasn't rejected by dummies.  You  know it, and everyone knows it.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 10/10/2014, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had the name wrong)

Play that race card.....it makes you feel good huh? How did he not have enough money for health insurance if he had money to fly to Africa?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Play that race card.....it makes you feel good huh? How did he not have enough money for health insurance if he had money to fly to Africa?

Taylor was a Liberian, not a U.S. citizen. He flew here from Liberia. Liberians don't have American health insurance. You're a teacher?

I guess because Taylor was black and uninsured, Jesus didn't love him.

Right?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

In this particular case, I don't think race had anything to do with it. He apparently lied to the Liberian government about having been exposed to ebola before boarding a plane back to the US. That was completely irresponsible, and he endangered the lives of not only his own family but everyone else who came into contact with him. Who knows how long he was symptomatic before he received treatment. I sincerely doubt the doctors and nurses just let him die.

Sal

Sal

First of all, the man's name was Thomas Duncan.

I don't know if his race or lack of insurance had anything to do with his treatment at the hospital, but it's certainly possible.

Regardless, his was an interesting dilemma.

Just days before leaving Liberia, he had helped a woman very ill with Ebola.

She was seven months pregnant and was reportedly convulsing, vomiting, and bleeding.

She was turned away from the hospital and sent home to die.

That's how desperate the situation is over there.

It seems likely that he knew he had been exposed to the virus.

If you had a visa and the means to get to America in his situation, what would you have done?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:Why did the Dallas hospital turn him away when he first reported he was sick and from Liberia?

Hmmm.  Let me think this one through ... Dallas, Texas.  The victim is black,  He has no health insurance ... Hmmmmm .... could it be?

Yeah.  It's all to easy to simply think of the hospital as one run by Texans who are incredibly stupid.  The dead ebola victim wasn't rejected by dummies.  You  know it, and everyone knows it.  

Obviously.....you did not nor will you think it through. It doesn't fit your agenda.

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:Why did the Dallas hospital turn him away when he first reported he was sick and from Liberia?

Sure, everything is about "race"......what a bunch of B/S.

If you would rather deal in facts then you should know a mistake was made resulting in his inappropriate release and an attempt to treat him with experimental treatments was begun later. Mistakes in hospitals are not uncommon, there was a "surgeon" in Pensacola who, on two occasions, amputated the wrong limb on patients. I'm sure he must be a racist pig too, right?

Thomas Duncan dies in Dallas because he was poor and black . . . Bullshit

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:First of all, the man's name was Thomas Duncan.

I don't know if his race or lack of insurance had anything to do with his treatment at the hospital, but it's certainly possible.

She was seven months pregnant and was reportedly convulsing, vomiting, and bleeding.

If you had a visa and the means to get to America in his situation, what would you have done?

Why did he go to Liberia at all? It's not like the whole epidemic hasn't been on the news every single day. I understand the desperate situation...60% mortality rate. I don't understand why he would return to the US knowing he had been exposed. It doesn't make any sense.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Sal wrote:First of all, the man's name was Thomas Duncan.

Why did he go to Liberia at all?  It's not like the whole epidemic hasn't been on the news every single day.  I understand the desperate situation...60% mortality rate.  I don't understand why he would return to the US knowing he had been exposed.  It doesn't make any sense.

Duncan was a Liberian, not an American citizen. He lived in West Africa and flew to America to visit his relatives.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:I don't understand why he would return to the US knowing he had been exposed.  It doesn't make any sense.

Because he wanted to live?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I don't understand why he would return to the US knowing he had been exposed.  It doesn't make any sense.

He was a Liberian who came here to get married.

He lied his way into the country.....is it possible he lied on his first visit to the ER?

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

He lied his way into the country.....is it possible he lied on his first visit to the ER?

Well, we don't really know that he lied his way into the country, but let's assume he did.

He probably thought the best healthcare system in the world would be capable of figuring it out given his symptoms and that he told them he had just arrived from LIBERIA.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Well, we don't really know that he lied his way into the country, but let's assume he did.

He probably thought the best healthcare system in the world would be capable of figuring it out given his symptoms and that he told them he had just arrived from LIBERIA.

You are so full of crap......he lied on the entrance questionaire. You are also assuming he told them he just arrived from Liberia. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't.

He endangered others to save his sorry ass.

2seaoat

I do not get it. Liberia is a hot bed for Ebola. Why did he not fly to Mexico City and take the train to the Rio, wade across the Rio, sneak by miles of detection, and then visit his relatives in Texas. It just does not make a bit of sense that he would fly to Dallas when he could have crossed the Rio. Could somebody please explain to me why he would fly to America when he could fly to Mexico......cross the Rio.....avoid detection and eventually get to Dallas. What a dumb asz........every scardy cat in America knows flying to America makes no sense.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

You are so full of crap......he lied on the entrance questionaire. You are also assuming he told them he just arrived from Liberia. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't.

Well, aren't you sweet today.

The reason I said that we don't know that he lied is because NPR sent a correspondent to the neighborhood in Liberia where he lived to talk to people he knew (not an assignment I would relish BTW).

They were vehement that he did not know that the woman he assisted was infected and quite angry at the Liberian government regarding the talk of prosecuting him.

They said that hers was the first case of Ebola in the neighborhood, and everyone assumed that she was suffering complications from her pregnancy at the time.

The neighborhood has since been decimated by the disease (again, plumb assignment).

Sounds a little sketchy to me, hence my comment that I'm willing to assume that he did know, but I can't say with 100% certainty, not having been intimately acquainted with the chap, as you obviously were (sorry for your loss).

Oh, and he did tell the hospital staff that he'd arrived recently from Liberia.

The hospital acknowledged as much, and said the information was not properly disseminated throughout the entire team.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:please explain to me why he would fly to America when he could fly to Mexico

The virus has gone airborne ...

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Well, aren't you sweet today.

The reason I said that we don't know that he lied is because NPR sent a correspondent to the neighborhood in Liberia where he lived to talk to people he knew (not an assignment I would relish BTW).

They were vehement that he did not know that the woman he assisted was infected and quite angry at the Liberian government regarding the talk of prosecuting him.

They said that hers was the first case of Ebola in the neighborhood, and everyone assumed that she was suffering complications from her pregnancy at the time.

The neighborhood has since been decimated by the disease (again, plumb assignment).

Sounds a little sketchy to me, hence my comment that I'm willing to assume that he did know, but I can't say with 100% certainty, not having been intimately acquainted with the chap, as you obviously were (sorry for your loss).

Oh, and he did tell the hospital staff that he'd arrived recently from Liberia.

The hospital acknowledged as much, and said the information was not properly disseminated throughout the entire team.

A little sketchy......what did he think the pregnant woman, being treated by healthcare workers in full armour, had? A bad case of morning sickness!

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

A little sketchy......what did he think the pregnant woman, being treated by healthcare workers in full armour, had? A bad case of morning sickness!

She wasn't treated at all.

She was sent home because they had no beds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum