Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knocking down walking pneumonia

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knocking down walking pneumonia Empty Knocking down walking pneumonia 10/4/2014, 9:11 pm

2seaoat

I have been struggling for four days with a hardy cold which has now set up in my ears and lungs. My daughter just got diagnosed with pneumonia with the same dam cold going around, and called this afternoon and demanded that I go to urgent care which is a clinic associated with the local hospital, but is not the emergency room. She was right and they prescribed a powerful antibiotic and wanted to do a breathing treatment, but I explained with the lung removal I am already on an inhaler which I take once a day. All is fine and I hope it will knock down the symptoms which have become a real pain......fevers, chills, and dumbo the elephant sitting on my chest.

So on the way over I joked with my wife about saying we had recently traveled to Africa.......the school teacher came out as she scolded me for being inappropriate. So the doc listens to the gurgling in my one healthy lung and gives me antibiotics. What I did not know is different antibiotics are broken down by the liver. He took a good intake interview and knew I has metastasis of the liver, and appropriately prescribed an antibiotic which has half the load on the liver. However, I was encouraged that he asked about Ebola in a joking way about traveling recently and that he would have to go to his vehicle to get his haze mat suit if I had.......I thought he was joking, but he was in fact carrying the same in his vehicle. I asked him what protocols his small hospital had developed and he responded protocols for isolation have been around for over twenty years. I think America is prepared.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have had pneumonia twice. The second time it put me in Sacred Heart for 10 days.

The first time I had it I was so sick I could not even sit on the couch and watch TV.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I have told the story on the PNJ, but my tumor had collapsed my left lung lobe. The first pneumonia was painful, and scary. The second pneumonia had me laying on the family room floor unable to get comfortable to breath, when I looked up at my wife and said I am driving myself over to the barber......I want to get my hair cut and look good in the box. I guess the barbers had a pool and gave me three weeks......they all lost, and I am still here, but pneumonia needs to be caught early and be careful that it does not come back because in my case it becomes progressively worse.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have had pneumonia twice, hospitalized both times.

Take the breathing treatments..they are more effective than the inhaler.

2seaoat

Cannot seem to get up on this one.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Cannot seem to get up on this one.

Breathing treatments......please please take them to open up your bronchial tube.

I used to supply them... and oxygen. The nebulizer creates a mist of the med that you inhale deeply for a few minutes.

You could start with albuterol... but they make stronger meds and combinations.

It probably would be a good idea to wear an oxygen saturation devise for a day... including overnite.

It's extremely hard on the organs if you aren't getting enough oxygen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum