Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My trip to Lotaburger

+2
knothead
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My trip to Lotaburger Empty My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 5:29 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's called Lotaburger.  It's a chain.  The burger is EXACTLY like a Whataburger in every way.  Never pre-cooked and same size and shape.  Same condiments.

I ordered at the counter.  Said "one Lotaburger all the way please".
The lady responds "chili or cheese".
I say "cheese".
She says "okay chile".
I said "mam, you asked me if I want chile or cheese and said I want cheese".
She says "chile".
I then give up and say "okay that's fine" no longer caring which I get.

The restaurant was in Sante Fe, NM.  All the employees were spanish speaking and so were all the customers.
I was inside the United States in the heart of a city and the order clerk in a fast food chain could not communicate in English!

2My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 5:33 pm

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:It's called Lotaburger.  It's a chain.  The burger is EXACTLY like a Whataburger in every way.  Never pre-cooked and same size and shape.  Same condiments.

I ordered at the counter.  Said "one Lotaburger all the way please".
The lady responds "chili or cheese".
I say "cheese".
She says "okay chile".
I said "mam, you asked me if I want chile or cheese and said I want cheese".
She says "chile".
I then give up and say "okay that's fine" no longer caring which I get.

The restaurant was in Sante Fe, NM.  All the employees were spanish speaking and so were all the customers.
I was inside the United States in the heart of a city and the order clerk in a fast food chain could not communicate in English!

What about the burger Bob? Good, great, so so . . .

3My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 6:01 pm

dumpcare

Man, when they're pushing chili who are you to argue? Besides could have been out of cheese and she didn't know how to tell you.

4My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 7:38 pm

knothead

knothead

ppaca wrote:Man, when they're pushing chili who are you to argue? Besides could have been out of cheese and she didn't know how to tell you.

No comprendo . . .

5My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 7:44 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead,

Almost an identical replica of whataburger in taste. And I like whataburgers.

ppaca,

It's funny you mention that. Because it's been a topic of discussion for the last few days. I am in a very small minority. I love chili. I love hamburgers. In fact both are among my favorite foods (I have plebian tastes lol).
BUT, I do not eat a cheeseburger with chili on it. Same goes for bacon. And the same goes for any of the new-fangled hamburger flavorings.
Why? Because I love the taste of cow and when I eat cow I want to taste cow without pig or any other flavor added to it.
I may be a plebian but when it comes to burgers I'm also a purist. lol

6My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 7:49 pm

Sal

Sal

Shoulda went to Los Pollos Hermanos.

7My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 7:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Shoulda went to Los Pollos Hermanos.

That's in Albuquerque.  We were in Albuquerque but we ate at a place downtown which served the best grilled jalapenos I've ever eaten.
I asked them where they get them and they tell us a market about a mile away.  Brought a dozen cans of them home.
We asked around to see if anybody had some of Heisenberg's Blue Sky but no luck.

8My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 8:09 pm

Bob, that's because we have been invaded.

9My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 8:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy* wrote:Bob, that's because we have been invaded.

The invasion started in Roswell,  Chrissy.  On the drive thru Roswell I got this photo.

My trip to Lotaburger Roswel10

10My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/24/2014, 8:35 pm

Youd think they would know that aliens are not green in roswell, they are gray.. geesh.........

My trip to Lotaburger Z

11My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 8:24 am

2seaoat

Not a thing unusual about the melting pot of America.......except there are still a few places where diversity of people and language cause a xenophobic melt down.........Most of America that is the rule rather than the exception......Mayberry.....where you can order your grits and Floyd the Barber will tell you about those French women in the big war.

12My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 8:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Not a thing unusual about the melting pot of America.......except there are still a few places where diversity of people and language cause a xenophobic melt down.........Most of America that is the rule rather than the exception......Mayberry.....where you can order your grits and Floyd the Barber will tell you about those French women in the big war.

I agree. There's not a thing unusual about a fast food hamburger restaurant in America where the counter clerk who takes your order cannot understand English. And if anyone says different then he's a bigot having a xenophobic meltdown. Those American xenophobes need to learn a foreign language if they want to order a hamburger.

On the trip home we stopped at a McDonalds in Longview, Tx.
An African American woman was acting as the boss. I watched as she stood at the spot between the counter and the kitchen. She was the only non-hispanic working in the place. As the kitchen helpers handed her the breakfast sandwiches, she opened the wrapper on each one to make certain it was what was supposed to be with the order.
She then sent every single sandwich back to the kitchen because it had been done wrong. And as she did she kept repeating herself to the kitchen crew in English who were not understanding her instructions.

That is the way a business is supposed to be run. And anyone who disagrees is a xenophobic bigot.

13My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 8:51 am

2seaoat

I call BS. I have been going to an all Spanish speaking Macs for a couple of years now, and you are truly living in Mayberry if you think that comprehension of English is the problem. Folks understand, they simply may not speak to your satisfaction. It is good to know that you have never had an order incorrect at a Macs......unless those little brown bags of garbage are all grown up and cannot even get it right from the black lady.

14My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:00 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I call BS.

Well of course you do. lol

15My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:02 am

Sal

Sal

The eggplant was too uppity and lazy to make the sandwiches herself, and the wetbacks were too stupid to do it correctly, and they were all prolly stealing from the till.

Amirite or amirite??

16My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:04 am

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:I call BS.  I have been going to an all Spanish speaking Macs for a couple of years now, and you are truly living in Mayberry if you think that comprehension of English is the problem.  Folks understand, they simply may not speak to your satisfaction.   It is good to know that you have never had an order incorrect at a Macs......unless those little brown bags of garbage are all grown up and cannot even get it right from the black lady.

You may have so the spanish speaking in your McDonald's know how to read english, since they have to read the computer screen to get the order correct. Maybe the one's Bob is speaking about cannot read english.

I have been to a Wendy's here many years ago when they were bringing the Russian kids over here to work in stores, the manager did the same thing that Bob was speaking of, checking all order's and most were wrong.

You step across that border you learn to read, speak and understand English period.

17My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:09 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nothing in this thread has anything to do with bigotry or racism or "hating little brown pieces of garbage",  seaoat.  
The fact is all the people we encountered on an 11 day trip in the southwest were very friendly.  And a great many were hispanic.

The only point of the thread was an observation that English,  which has always been the universal language of America,  is being replaced with Spanish in the region.

When anyone says anything anymore,  you call it racism.  lol

18My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:The eggplant was too uppity and lazy to make the sandwiches herself, and the wetbacks were too stupid to do it correctly, and they were all prolly stealing from the till.

Amirite or amirite??

I find it so revealing that you and seaoat, the poster boys for racial tolerance, are the only ones calling people "eggplants", "wetbacks" and "little brown pieces of garbage".

lol

19My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 9:14 am

She must've been new. Growing up in Texas everyone knows enough of the other's language to communicate.

20My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 12:25 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Th Dude wrote:Growing up in Texas

how long ago?

21My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 12:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, Dude. I don't read as many forum threads as many do.
When you started posting I expected folk to accuse you of being a "sock".
They always accuse a new username of being a sock.
Anyways, since I don't read a lot of threads, did they say you were a sock at first? And last but not least, did they decide you ARE a sock? lol

22My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 12:39 pm

Only seagoat has accused me of having a sock... but he was wrong as usual.

23My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 1:51 pm

2seaoat

Here is who I played poker with last night......seat 1 me.....2 an older Greek guy with a heavy accent.....hard to understand.....Gus.....3 a Japanese fellow named CC.....can hardly make out a word unless he is calling you a monkey.  3 a Chinese player who also says one thing clear.....monkey....4  a hispanic from one of the central american countries....very difficult to understand......5  a psychologist from Serbia with a heavy accent,  6 A fellow from Tn with a heavy drawl.  7 a nurse from the philippenes, 8 a greek who speaks the King's English, An Egyptian physician who has a heavy accent, 9 a young Anglo that thinks he is the poker champion of the world, 10 a 280 lb black guy who is the best damn player at the table.   America 2014.  The nurse always argues she is treated badly as a professional because she is foreign born, and that most Americans are stupid and lazy and are given status because they were native born and white.......hard to argue with her.

24My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 5:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: most Americans are stupid and lazy and are given status because they were native born and white.......hard to argue with her.

So you don't believe in bigotry and stereotypes except one. Which is that native born white Americans are all stupid and lazy. lol

25My trip to Lotaburger Empty Re: My trip to Lotaburger 9/25/2014, 5:50 pm

what does egg plant stand for?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum