Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoats Bears

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seaoats Bears Empty Seaoats Bears 9/22/2014, 8:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Are you happy?

2Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/22/2014, 9:26 pm

Sucking I hope

3Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/23/2014, 12:09 pm

2seaoat

I am happy because the defense is improving. A bear fan does not care if they win or lose, but they want some asz kicking. Mission accomplished.

4Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/23/2014, 11:43 pm

Markle

Markle

I remember my grand dad taking me to see the Bears at Soldier stadium in the dead of winter in Chicago. The wind coming off the lake would cut through you like a knife. I was to young to understand it at all but just going somewhere with my gran' pop, was the best thing I knew. Even if I resembled the Michelin tire man in my winter clothes.

My Ol' Man couldn't take me because he had lost a leg in the Battle of the Bulge and walking distances was extremely painful.

5Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/24/2014, 1:26 am

2seaoat

My Ol' Man couldn't take me because he had lost a leg in the Battle of the Bulge and walking distances was extremely painful.

Soldier's field was dedicated to all like your father who served.  In the 1940s they would draw 100k to the high school football finals.   I remember going to soldier field in late December when Michael Vick was still with Atlanta, and my coke froze solid and the Nachos instantly froze.......minus 15 wind chill and there were the usual idiots without their shirts.

You should be very proud of your father.

6Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/24/2014, 4:11 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:My Ol' Man couldn't take me because he had lost a leg in the Battle of the Bulge and walking distances was extremely painful.

Soldier's field was dedicated to all like your father who served.  In the 1940s they would draw 100k to the high school football finals.   I remember going to soldier field in late December when Michael Vick was still with Atlanta, and my coke froze solid and the Nachos instantly froze.......minus 15 wind chill and there were the usual idiots without their shirts.

You should be very proud of your father.

It's a mixed bag. I am extremely proud of his service, he won two bronze stars and a number of other awards and was promoted on the front lines to First Sargent. I have no real idea of what he did only that my Mom said he came back a different man. Like everyone from those battles.

7Seaoats Bears Empty Re: Seaoats Bears 9/25/2014, 1:46 am

2seaoat

I have no real idea of what he did only that my Mom said he came back a different man.

My father in law had some pretty bad experiences in the Philippines, and never opened up with me when I discussed the same. He was a 19 year old kid when he was stuck in the middle of it. They never hesitated to serve, and unlike today with everybody beating their chests, he came back and would get very quiet when people talked about politics or war. He took care of my Mother in law for five years, and then like is so common, as caretaker he went first. I am thankful every day for their service and the class the entire generation showed. Every game in Soldier field celebrates their service.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum