Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette has a serious lapse of judgment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

His new book “No Easy Day” about the killing of OBL should never have been written much less published. I put his revelations right up there with intelligence leaks possibly endangering methods and his team mates. The troops still tangled up in the Mideast do not need something else to inflame ignorant ragheads.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree. He has no business writing this. Not now, anyway.

I often wonder how that works. Back in the 60s I held a T/S codeword/crypto clearance. It was a honor and a privilege that 50 years later I still hold dear. I do not under stand how people violate that trust
....................WTF..........At one time I can assure you they would bust your ass big time for leaking or exploiting information.........

hallmarkgrad wrote:I At one time I can assure you they would bust your ass big time for leaking or exploiting information.........

That still may happen, as I recall when I was "read out" of my TS/SCI clearance I signed a form stating I would never reveal classified info or face legal charges. There was no "expiration date" either.

I thought the same thing. To be honest, some of those guys scared the hell out of me. Bad things happen to bad people.

nochain wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:I At one time I can assure you they would bust your ass big time for leaking or exploiting information.........

That still may happen, as I recall when I was "read out" of my TS/SCI clearance I signed a form stating I would never reveal classified info or face legal charges. There was no "expiration date" either.

Nochain, wouldn't all the classified information that you had knowledge of when you held you TS/SCI be declassified by now. I know a lot of information that was once deemed TS can now be garnered under the FOIA.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
nochain wrote:

Nochain, wouldn't all the classified information that you had knowledge of when you held you TS/SCI be declassified by now. I know a lot of information that was once deemed TS can now be garnered under the FOIA.

I have no way of knowing but generally speaking, lower level classifications of material are declassified at a specified time. Some TS/SCI material (or activities) not so much. That said - I won't take a chance!

I am sure that what I know is not worth a tinkers damn to anyone. But it is the principle of the thing for me. I remember we used to joke about getting captured. The general opinion was that we would be deep trouble because we really did not know anything...LOL

nochain wrote:His new book “No Easy Day” about the killing of OBL should never have been written much less published. I put his revelations right up there with intelligence leaks possibly endangering methods and his team mates. The troops still tangled up in the Mideast do not need something else to inflame ignorant ragheads.

Correct....security leaks are dangerous no matter the intentions and this may harm others in harms way...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum