Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans are NOT PRO LIFE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Republicans are NOT PRO LIFE Empty Republicans are NOT PRO LIFE 8/28/2012, 5:59 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Pro life has been confused with something else.

There is a difference between life and birth.

The R party is staunchly behind the whole birth thing but once that's been accomplished it's everyone for themselves.

Of course the phrase "pro-birth" doesn't have quite the same charming ring to it as "pro-life" but it is a more accurate way to state their real position.

Wouldn't "Pro Life" be NO death penalty?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Maybe y'all missed it while starting your anti-Republican threads....the delegates have voted and Romney is their nominee.

Nekochan wrote:Maybe y'all missed it while starting your anti-Republican threads....the delegates have voted and Romney is their nominee.
I didn't miss anything.. I asked a question. Can one be Pro Life and for the death penalty?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Of course one can be pro life and pro death penalty. Unborn babies haven't been convicted of any crime.
I have some reservations about the death penalty but there are plenty of pro choice Democrats who support a death penalty.

Lurch wrote:
I didn't miss anything.. I asked a question. Can one be Pro Life and for the death penalty?

Well lets look at the flip side (the liberal side). Can one be pro-choice and against the death penalty?

Nekochan

Nekochan

alecto wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Well lets look at the flip side (the liberal side). Can one be pro-choice and against the death penalty?

Very good question.
Personally, I think it's two entirely different issues.

Absolutely, one can be pro-choice and oppose the death penalty. One can also be pro-choice and pro-life in the way that Othershoe is probably thinking.

People who protest at abortion clinics certainly don't line up to adopt those children that they insist should be born. They seem to prefer condemning the pregnant woman rather than looking for a viable solution for the child.

People who oppose abortion also tend to oppose WIC, food stamps, and any other program that might benefit a mother and child.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum