Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoats hero wins the day!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seaoats hero wins the day!!! Empty Seaoats hero wins the day!!! 8/8/2014, 8:57 pm

God Damn Nay sayers forced Studer to take all the Money.  If they had only listened to Seaoats.  LOL

For about an hour and a half, representatives from the University of West Florida and Community Maritime Park Associates tried to work out a deal that would secure a temporary home for UWF's football team. But it was money over concessions and equipment that snagged negotiations. "I think we can work it out, we can't wait too long, the coach, the recruits, all of that depends on ironing this out" said Dr. Judy Bense, UWF Present. First issue was solved quickly.  The University agreed to pay the estimated $30,000 dollars for the goal posts, netting and end-zone clocks to meet NCAA standards.  By paying for the equipment, CMPA is not on the hook for that expense. The second issue at hand, how much the CMPA would make from concession stand sales.The initial agreement calls for 20% percent. The CMPA asked for 25% percent. Northwest Florida Professional Baseball (NFPB) would absorb the rest of the profit as they hold exclusive rights to food and beverage concessions at all events held inside the stadium.  This leaves UWF with no profit from concessions per the agreement. Because the NFPB has oversight over concession stand sales, they also need to approve the requested increase the CMPA wants. "That's really between the baseball team and the Community Maritime Park, we can work that out" said James Reeves, CMPA Chairman.

Read More at: http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/uwf-footbal-at-maritime-park-remains-undecided-47944.shtml?wap=0&

2seaoat

Who was the one person on the PNJ who repeatedly demanded that the concessions should not be given up in the negotiations. I was met with people laughing at me that the park would not be profitable, and concessions would not be profitable. Was I the only person in a 400k metropolitian area who understood the profit in concessions? Or was the desire to make everything a failure with Maritime Park a huge mistake which left too much on the negotiation table. At some point I am going to have to get modest, but heck, I was equally made fun of that they would be playing football at the stadium. I guess when you are right so often.....you tend to get a big head. Lately I need a wheel barrow to rest my head.

While you were yacking the rest of us said that Studer would screw the pooch and wind up with all the money. Remember? Of course you don't. Nary a harsh word may be said for the saviour of Pensacola. LOL

2seaoat

Mr. Studer was a godsend for the Park. What I argued was that is good as his contributions were, people had to defend the concessions. I was met with the usual Seaoat derision. When you know you are right, it is easy. When you have the requisite knowledge, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. So I repeatedly was the butt of jokes as I made my arguments on how successful the Park would be and how profitable the concessions would be......absolute silence as few could see the success, and could not even imagine a million dollars of concessions. So now I am yachting. I will leave that to you and Eric......I sold all my fourteen foot pontoon boats, and for the life of me.....nobody ever called them yachts. I know it hurts, but whose the man.......who nailed both predictions......huge profits in concessions, and football being played in Maritime Park......Maybe a wheelbarrow will not be big enough.......we may need a dump truck.

Now you know those profits will still be there at the end of the contract. Guess who will be pocketing an extra 500k a year for the last twenty years of the bonds......let me put the answer under one of the three cups.....shuffle.....shuffle....ok guess.

LOL You are just fucking silly. The CMPA is broke. No Park just a Studerville building with no signs of a build out. But that is just what you learn from the CMPA meetings. I understand that you know different.. LOL

2seaoat

By golly that is not what I heard from the Beck agent who called me last week.....I guess their building is an illusion too......but yes, I like silly.

Oh Yea Now I remember It was going to be a office park..People just love office buildings. Woot woot!!! Studer"s building looks great in front of his ball park, doesn't it? What is the next building after Becks Bestest Building in the world project??

2seaoat

Well when I got some of that great yummy yogurt, I could not find a parking place as at least thirty work trucks took spaces. I am sure those folks who are working on those buildings are happy to have the work, and although I could barely get around the cranes supplying the building, and it was a pain in the asz finding a parking place......I enjoyed the park and watched a guy fishing like I told you earlier bitching at his girlfriend about putting the reel in the sand......everybody enjoying the park and the waterfront. I was shocked with the ball team on the road at how many people were getting yogurt and how many people were enjoying the park......people working, people fishing, people eating yogurt, and Seaoat limping around singing this tune.....

The cranes and workmen will be there for ever. Studer will shower the masses with 100 dollars bills as they stand in awe of his magnificent building. The golden goose will continue to shit gold eggs and Pensacola will live forever in eternal bliss.......................................except maybe for a slight flooding issue........................I repent..... I see the light.......I am saved......

10Seaoats hero wins the day!!! Empty Re: Seaoats hero wins the day!!! 8/8/2014, 11:21 pm

2seaoat

I repent..... I see the light.......I am saved......

And to think I did not even have to risk Ebola to convert you......by the way....the yogurt is really good, but do not put the jelly beans on top of the yogurt. I go to the dentist on the 19th.....soft jelly beans become hard rocks when put in cold yogurt.......another life saving event.

11Seaoats hero wins the day!!! Empty Re: Seaoats hero wins the day!!! 8/8/2014, 11:28 pm

Not Yachting.... Yacking as in to ..yack
"to talk, to chatter," slang, 1950, probably echoic (cf. Australian slang yacker "talk, conversation," 1882). Yackety is recorded from 1953

See you learned a new word. I am a changed man. Give me some more Kool Aid....or is it Yogurt.?..

12Seaoats hero wins the day!!! Empty Re: Seaoats hero wins the day!!! 8/8/2014, 11:33 pm

2seaoat

Yack.......yes....I have done that.....but not on my fourteen foot pontoon boats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum