Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police and KKK ties in Florida.........now.....not 50 years ago..who would have thought....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://news.msn.com/us/florida-town-stunned-by-news-of-police-kkk-ties

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I wish I could say I was surprised by this.

Two officers.  "Police and KKK ties in Florida" make it sound as if thousands in all cities across Florida are guilty.

Really, to focus on this is like searching for reasons to keep racism alive.

Why not focus on the ways people do not look at race or ethnicity?  

Oh, right...then nothing SHOCKING to post on a forum.

Rolling Eyes

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

SheWrites wrote:Two officers.  "Police and KKK ties in Florida" make it sound as if thousands in all cities across Florida are guilty.

Rolling Eyes
Racism is alive and well in this country. One way to pretend that it doesn't exist is to say we shouldn't talk about it. Then it goes on in the background unnoticed but potent.

Did not say it does not exist.

I was addressing the article and the way Seaoats set it up.

Dramatic.

Racism does exist and I'd venture to say it always will in some fashion or form. Has always been around.

Accepted by the mainstream in 2014? I don't think so.

Push to a back burner? Definitely not.

Used politically?

Yes.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

SheWrites wrote:Did not say it does not exist.

I was addressing the article and the way Seaoats set it up.  

Dramatic.

Racism does exist and I'd venture to say it always will in some fashion or form.  Has always been around.

Accepted by the mainstream in 2014? I don't think so.

Push to a back burner?  Definitely not.

Used politically?

Yes.  

Two officers.  "Police and KKK ties in Florida" make it sound as if thousands in all cities across Florida are guilty.

Okay, however the suggestions to 'not focus' on the subject because that serves to keep racism alive and also saying, let's look at how people ignore or do not look at race sounded like you meant there was nothing to see there, move on, that sort of thing. Maybe I read more into it than I should have?

I can see why you would take it that way.

No problem.

There are issues that need attention, as this issue with two "officers of the law" in the town mentioned in Florida. But it appears it was taken care of and the town, I hope, will not be labeled.

So for Seaoat to portray this as he did in the title of the thread just shows the sensationalism many go for in order to sway opinions and keep racism alive as he does in so many of his posts.

Not saying it does not exist. It does. But it sure gets a view that it is the norm instead of the exception.

2seaoat

So for Seaoat to portray this as he did in the title of the thread just shows the sensationalism many go for in order to sway opinions and keep racism alive as he does in so many of his posts.

A black man selling single cigarettes is tackled by six policemen and put in a choke hold. The victim continues to plea that he cannot breathe. The Police officer puts a deadly choke hold, the victim dies as NOBODY bothers to give cpr........this was in NY, and the officer who put the choke hold on the victim, had two prior racial incidents.......you know sensationalism in order to sway opinion.....I guess it did not work.....the victim left six children. The overt De Jure systematic racism of my childhood has been replaced by the sho sho sho Seaoat......we do not need to talk about racism.....everything has been equal and dandy, since we just flicked the switch of Jim Crow fifty years ago and arrived at utopia.................sorry the dog whistle racism which feeds the Dixiecrats is an EVIL political movement which requires constant vigilance by good people not to fall for the dog whistle, and fight injustice at every turn. It really irritates people who think everything is hunky dory.........my posts are a burr under the saddle or as Bob said, I become Morton Downey.....but as he dehumanizes children, and others work to cause harm with their hate and prejudice, I will keep shining light and watching the cockroaches scramble.......right is right, and evil is evil, and you can continue to put whipped cream with a cherry on a pile of chit and tell me it is a banana split.

You obviously have a lot to say on the subject.  You link everything to racism.  As does every progressive in the country.  Division is what you hope to continue along with name calling.  

Racism is evil.  For sure.

Here is a great book by author TK Thorne, a retired LEO in Birmingham, AL. She covers the story of the relentless search for the truth in the 16th Street Bombing. Investigations went on for years to uncover the truth while many said it was shoved aside and forgotten.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/09/author_tk_thorne_delves_into_1.html

A good read, Seaoat.

There are good people who have lived in the midst of racism and have seen the strides continually made for decency and respect in our communities.

All I'm saying is FOCUS on THAT for a bit instead of the bitter words.

2seaoat

Division is what you hope to continue along with name calling.

Quite the contrary. Racism is simple fear. When a child thinks the boogeyman actually exists and will leap out of their closet and hurt them, it is not division or name calling when people address the child and explain that their fears are irrational and that the boogeyman actually does not exist. The division comes naturally when evil is entrenched and fights justice and equal opportunity with political smoke and mirrors and dog whistle politics. It makes them very uncomfortable when the dog whistle is not silent and all can hear.......and when this happens evil is identified, and division is a choice of good or evil.......the name calling is usually just factual reality......like a hammer has a name, a bigot is a sum total of the actions and perceptions he controls.

I make no apology fighting for justice.....none.......I have been a Republican my entire life and to be called a liberal because I believe in equality and justice.......I embrace the nomenclature even though it is not entirely accurate, but then again, if a conservative is the misguided concept of a Dixiecrat......you bet I want to be the polar opposite, however their evil does not represent main street Republican fiscal conservative virtues, rather in their hey day they made Tammny Hall look good.

2seaoat

There are good people who have lived in the midst of racism and have seen the strides continually made for decency and respect in our communities.

I was in the pews of the North Birmingham Baptist Church when the boycotts were happening downtown Birmingham as the preacher talked about evil outside agitators. I saw people I loved with hate in their faces talking about the trouble downtown. I saw my cousins leave the public pool along with all the other white people, except my brother and I because my mother despite her upbringing taught us equality for all men, and I will never forget those hateful looks as my brother and I and a black kid enjoyed the pool. No bigotry and hate require constant vigilance. No society has ever been exempt, and it is human nature to be amongst those who are most like you, but when the reality settles in that we are all human beings and we should celebrate our diversity, rather than fearing it.......then we will all be free. I saw the hate of bigotry to be a heavy burden......one that caused often more harm to the one who carried that heavy load than the poor souls who suffered the indignity of the dog whistle. I make no apologies for fighting injustice. It is my essence.

Nothing to do with fear. It's used by those who presume themselves to be non-racist as a power play. That's how it is being used on this forum. To end debate and label. It's also how it is being used in the political realm today.

Any man or woman abused by law enforcement today is a subject that should be addressed. Not because of race or gender but because abuse is wrong. And anyone in a public funded position (police or President) should not have a coordinated agenda with groups that do not bring honor to our Constitutional freedoms.

Done with this. I do encourage you to read the book by TK Thorne.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Police and KKK ties in Florida.........now.....not 50 years ago..who would have thought.... Quotation-James-Baldwin-life-love-racism-Meetville-Quotes-19478

Police and KKK ties in Florida.........now.....not 50 years ago..who would have thought.... Tumblr_mvtj5vS7zS1qek8f0o1_400

Police and KKK ties in Florida.........now.....not 50 years ago..who would have thought.... James-baldwin-nobody-knows-my-name

Police and KKK ties in Florida.........now.....not 50 years ago..who would have thought.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsh8vMnil7z_4MYVx-GsR9Fp-RnUeWuxhe2DYNoHxuZuxH0seh

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

She writes.....your posts are excellent, thank you.

knothead

knothead

She Writes AND Mr. Oats, both your posts are civil and excellent . . . . .

THANK YOU . . .

The klan was just a terrorist wing of the democrat/progressive party... it must be nice to ignore facts and history.

Seagoats dixiecrat revision is bs... the facts are that those same democrats were reelected for decades... as democrats.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:The klan was just a terrorist wing of the democrat/progressive party... it must be nice to ignore facts and history.

Seagoats dixiecrat revision is bs... the facts are that those same democrats were reelected for decades... as democrats.

That seems to be a distortion or a spin on the facts . . . . the south went red after the civil rights act was passed and have voted essentially red ever since which is their right but the south never, to this day, have never accepted equality from a racial point of view.

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The klan was just a terrorist wing of the democrat/progressive party... it must be nice to ignore facts and history.

That seems to be a distortion or a spin on the facts . . . . the south went red after the civil rights act was passed and have voted essentially red ever since which is their right but the south never, to this day, have never accepted equality from a racial point of view.

http://www.chicagonow.com/publius-forum/2012/09/cnns-history-of-democrat-party-forgets-jim-crow-kkk/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2698847/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum