Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we were smart, we'd let ISIS win!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Consider: We've proven in foreign wars since 1898 that we are incapable of building a successful state through insurgency warfare.

Iraq and Afghanistan (and Vietnam) are testament to that statement.

Yet we never learn.

On the other hand, we've won virtually every war we've fought against a foreign state, through nuclear or conventional warfare.

I say let ISIS take Syria and Iraq and create a Caliphest State. Then, as soon as they make a warlike move -- and you can bet they will -- take them on en-masse, in the style of warfare we know best. Just like we did during WWII.

We will never defeat Islamic Jihad through insurgency warfare.

Reality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That's the only way you will stop these animals.

That may all prove correct... but I still think that if we could open their societies with unfiltered information and education for all that we could change that dynamic without firing a shot... or in the case of obama... without dropping a bomb.

2seaoat

That may all prove correct... but I still think that if we could open their societies with unfiltered information and education for all that we could change that dynamic without firing a shot... or in the case of obama... without dropping a bomb.

Bingo.....give the man a hot dog. Modernity is the answer. Right now as once before the power of the Sunni Oligarchy is manipulating the crazies to accomplish their goal. They will turn on the crazies once they have the shite backed government out of their region, and the Middle east is going to start looking more like pre colonial divisions. The Kurds have just taken over the oil fields in the North and will slowly consolidate their power with income from the oil, and the Sunni insurgents will have their hands full with the Shite......and we will be happy we are thousands of miles away from a mess we contributed greatly.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:That may all prove correct... but I still think that if we could open their societies with unfiltered information and education for all that we could change that dynamic without firing a shot... or in the case of obama... without dropping a bomb.
  That would be awesome, however, there are too many at this time "indoctrinated" in the fine art of slaughtery. It is a way of life.

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:That may all prove correct... but I still think that if we could open their societies with unfiltered information and education for all that we could change that dynamic without firing a shot... or in the case of obama... without dropping a bomb.

That ALMOST occurred at one point in Iran - then the fundamentalist groups managed to retain power through intimidation and murder. These terrorist groups are scared to death of an educated populace because they know their message is nothing but a lie.

This is a dangerous situation as ISIS gathers more converts, weapons, and information. Pakistan is too close and they have nukes. A nuke in the hands of these fanatics ought to give any sane person cause for cold sweats.

They aren't going to fight a conventional style war unless the odds are stacked in their favor. Rumor has it that
They do not have the numbers to take Baghdad , but they will resort to massive IEDs and targeted assassinations of Maliki and his fellow law makers.

They are using Syria as a base because Assad has some sort of deal even though he is a traitor Alawite.

I think that eventually ISIS takes down Assad because he will not be strict enough in his interpretation and practice of fundamental Islam

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum