Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congratulations to my granddaugter for winning MVP at Pace High!

+4
Floridatexan
no stress
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

She was my only grandchild for 12 years before I got my new one so she's kind of special. Now I have two special ones.

Congratulations again, Dreams.

I'm going to be feeling awfully proud over this Father's Day weekend, as well.

I just got a call from my son's high school baseball coach informing me that my son made the varsity team as a freshman, and is the best freshman this coach has had in his eight years of coaching baseball.

Beaming.

Very Happy 

Thank you and congratulations to you too! A star baseball player is in the making. My ex son-in-law won a baseball scholarship to college too but he never went so he gets the credit for working w/ my granddaughter. It's a lot of work but worth it.

2seaoat

My son in law met my daughter who was on a D1 scholarship for volleyball and he was on one for baseball. and he went to the College world series eventually losing to Stanford who Rice beat in the finals. He played with Curtis Granderson who was the Yankee center fielder and now plays with the mets. They still email each other, and fortunately he gave up his dream to be a pro ball player, and grind it out in the minors, but going to his college games was a real joy as a total baseball freak. My saddest day was seeing my son dominate the area pitching through eighth grade and then go to high school to become a pole vault all stater, and college pole vaulter.........I hope both of you enjoy as many games as I enjoyed watching my children participate. There is a joy in the human condition to see excellence in athletic competition, and your children will bond with their teammates for life.

I have told my son my proudest moment was watching him fail to win the state meet in pole vault when he was the favored. Others were throwing their poles and kicking the ground as they failed, and he simply looked up into the stands and kept his poise and understood he had grown too big to be able to use his old pole, and that for safety reason at state he was forced to use a pole rated for his weight which was too stiff for him to achieve his prior heights........never prouder in failure a man's worth is often determined, and one thing is certain as you take your journey with your children.......there will always be someone a little better at the next level, and how they deal with those realities, and how you as a parent or grandparent deal with the same, will help to shape them for a lifetime.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Awesome Seaoat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum