Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet the heroes who DIED trying to find Berghdahl

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://rare.us/story/meet-the-6-heroes-that-died-trying-to-save-bowe-bergdahl/

Sal

Sal

Invading and occupying countries is a dangerous business.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/208013-dempsey-army-will-investigate-desertion-charges

Dempsey: Army will investigate Bergdahl desertion charges

The Army will investigate charges that rescued Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl deserted his post in Afghanistan, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said Tuesday.

“When he is able to provide them, we’ll learn the facts. Like any American, he is innocent until proven guilty,” Dempsey said in a post to his Facebook page. “Our Army’s leaders will not look away from misconduct if it occurred.”

A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2010 that Bergdahl had walked away from his unit before being captured by the Taliban, the Associated Press reported Tuesday. And according to The New York Times, Bergdahl left a note in his tent saying he was disillusioned with the U.S. Army and did not support the U.S. mission in Afghanistan.

Bergdahl has come under criticism from some service members and Republican lawmakers who have accused the soldier of costing American lives in efforts to rescue him in Afghanistan. They have also questioned the decision to free five Taliban militants being held at the Guantanamo Bay prison in exchange for Bergdahl’s release.

But Dempsey and other administration officials have looked to separate the rescue effort from questions over Bergdahl’s conduct.

“In response to those of you interested in my personal judgments about the recovery of SGT Bowe Bergdahl, the questions about this particular soldier’s conduct are separate from our effort to recover ANY U.S. service member in enemy captivity,” Dempsey said. “This was likely the last, best opportunity to free him.”

Even if Bergdahl was found by military investigators to have deserted or been absent without leave, he is unlikely to face additional penalties after his nearly five years in Taliban captivity.

"Five years is enough," an unidentified Defense official told CNN.

At a press conference in Warsaw on Tuesday, Obama said that U.S. officials “obviously have not been interrogating Sgt. Bergdahl” since his return.

“He’s having to undergo a whole battery of tests and he’s going to have to undergo a significant transition back into life,” Obama said, noting that he “has not even met with his family yet.”

But Obama said the U.S. doesn’t “condition” its “sacred” obligation to not “leave our men or women in uniform behind.”

"Regardless of the circumstances, we still get an American soldier back if he's held in captivity,” Obama said. “Period. Full stop."

13 Things You Need to Know About Bowe Bergdahl
Key facts from the late Michael Hastings' profile of the freed Taliban POW

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/13-things-you-need-to-know-about-bowe-bergdahl-20140602#ixzz33bLO76Xx
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

(Just go there and get some context...there's a link to Michael Hastings' article from 2012...)

Nowhere have I seen the CO who ordered those soldiers to search for Bergdahl, but I'm sure the Army knows. So, wait before you crucify this kid.

Floridatexan wrote:

Nowhere have I seen the CO who ordered those soldiers to search for Bergdahl, but I'm sure the Army knows. So, wait before you crucify this kid.

Then you have not been paying attention. They didn't run out there on their own searching for him. A huge multiday op was planned and carried out which resulted in six men KIA.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Nowhere have I seen the CO who ordered those soldiers to search for Bergdahl, but I'm sure the Army knows.  So, wait before you crucify this kid.

Then you have not been paying attention. They didn't run out there on their own searching for him. A huge multiday op was planned and carried out which resulted in six men KIA.

Who planned it? Do you know? Did it just filter down from the sky?

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Nowhere have I seen the CO who ordered those soldiers to search for Bergdahl, but I'm sure the Army knows.  So, wait before you crucify this kid.

Who planned it?  Do you know?  Did it just filter down from the sky?

Jeezus H Christ....who would you think would have been tasked with finding their own troop?

Where is a link to the garbage you are posting?

The GD wheels are falling off the admin faster than you and your trolls can lie now and you are still trying to defend this amateur in the WH.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Jeezus H Christ....who would you think would have been tasked with finding their own troop?

The GD wheels are falling off the admin faster than you and your trolls can lie now and you are still trying to defend this amateur in the WH.

You get asked a good question and instead of answering you cry Waaaa waaaa waaaa! The issue here is whether the six troops you claim were killed looking for Bergdahl were ordered to search for him. Nothing to do with wheels or the white house. Try and keep focused booby ...

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You get asked a good question and instead of answering you cry Waaaa waaaa waaaa!  The issue here is whether the six troops you claim were killed looking for Bergdahl were ordered to search for him.  Nothing to do with wheels or the white house.  Try and keep focused booby ...

You're the only one that needs focusing here. Of course, they had to try and retain him before the Taliban captured this twit. Knowing what they have portrayed in the media, they wanted to get him themselves before he compromised the entire mission they were trying to complete.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum