Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Cows......this makes you think twice about hamburger

+2
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://blog.petflow.com/just-when-these-cows-were-about-to-be-slaughtered-something-incredible-happened/#L88FTCI53gxw9qUI.01

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a real conflict when it comes to this.

I love a Whataburger more than any other food.

At the same time I also love animals regardless of whether or not right-wingers and Christians say this makes me liberal or gay or a pussy.

This is a tough one.

2seaoat

I enjoyed the way they jumped and later in the video where one cow rubbed its shoulder and head in the grass.....just like my dogs. I wonder what a puppy burger tastes like.

2seaoat wrote:I enjoyed the way they jumped and later in the video where one cow rubbed its shoulder and head in the grass.....just like my dogs.  I wonder what a puppy burger tastes like.

So how far down into unicorn land are you going? Is this the stage where you become a vegetarian?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I enjoyed the way they jumped and later in the video where one cow rubbed its shoulder and head in the grass.....just like my dogs.  I wonder what a puppy burger tastes like.

Korean burgers are very good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's really a coincidence that this thread is up today.

Last night I got a takeout dinner on the recommendation of a friend.  He said "get the eggplant parmigiana from Olive Garden".
My response was "don't they have a parmigiana with meat?"
He said "no,  but trust me you'll like it".

So I got it.  And it was as good as parmagiana with meat.

Last edited by Bob on 5/18/2014, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But now I'm wondering if eggplants feel anything when you kill them too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Olive Garden Eggplant Parmigiana recipe

Serves: 3

Ingredients

1 large eggplant
flour, for dusting
1 egg
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon clarified butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 cup dry bread crumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Blanch and peel eggplant. Cut into 1/2" thick slices. Place the slices in a colander over a bowl. Sprinkle salt over all the slices. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse. Pat dry. Set aside.

Mix egg, milk and olive oil and place into a bowl.

Mix bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese in another bowl.

Dip each slice into flour, toss lightly to remove excess flour and then dip quickly into the egg and milk mixture. Allow excess milk and egg coating to drip off and then place the slice in the cheese and bread crumb mixture. Coat each slice thoroughly.

Place the coated eggplant slice on a rack and allow to dry for at least an hour.

Saute in clarified butter until golden on each side. Remove from skillet and place in a baking pan heavily greased with olive oil.

Slice the mozzarella thickly and cover each slice of cooked, coated eggplant with as much mozzarella as needed. Pour tomato sauce over the cheese covered eggplant slices and bake for about ten minutes.

Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Sprinkle lightly with ground oregano and serve with additional tomato sauce. Serve with pasta.

Bob wrote:But now I'm wondering if eggplants feel anything when you kill them too.

My gf who is Italian once gave the chef a embarrassing lecture on how to make egg plant at the olive garden over near sacred.

Good egg plant parmesan is tedious to make. Not done on the quick. It is extremely good if done right, meaning the long way. And from watching her this means getting all the juice out of the plant before you cook it. She could tell right away they were not doing that. I never took her back there after that and they gave me 2 free dinners because of it lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

My gf who is Italian once gave the chef a embarrassing lecture on how to make egg plant at the olive garden over near sacred.

Good egg plant parmesan is tedious to make. Not done on the quick. It is extremely good if done right, meaning the long way. And from watching her this means getting all the juice out of the plant before you cook it. She could tell right away they were not doing that. I never took her back there after that and they gave me 2 free dinners because of it lol

After further reading,  I agree with her.  This is the way to do it...

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/07/03/eggplant-parmesan-with-whole-wheat-spaghetti/[/quote]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have always soaked eggplant slices in brine before coating and frying...about 30 minutes. Then just dip them into the egg & milk & follow with a breadcrumb dredge. Fry in olive oil, turning once. These are good all by themselves.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You would have to travel to Vietnam and eat at a dog restaurant to find out. Those people love to eat dog.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sirloin steaks on the barbee tonight......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You would have to travel to Vietnam and eat at a dog restaurant to find out. Those people love to eat dog.

You could ask President Barack Hussein Obama.

Happy Cows......this makes you think twice about hamburger Obama-knife-dog

2seaoat

That looks like the new pup a bit.....hey honey.....get the pup ready.....the President is stopping by for dinner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum