Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

69 years ago today VE DAY!!!!! Thanks for all you did GREATEST GENERATION

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yep. My grandfather was a poor, whisky running 17 year old when he was forced to join the Army in 1937 or choose jail. The judge told him he was "saving his life." Dude becomes a straight up, killer winning a battlefield commission, but turning it down because they also gave him the option to go home. I have his citations for decorations won sitting on my work desk. I asked him once why he attacked a heavy machine gun nest singlehandedly and killing the entire crew by himself....he said there was only one way to get back to Georgia and his previous life...killing all the Germans he could on the way to Berlin if need be. He ended up a hard working carpenter and farmer. Had some brief moments of wealth until his business partners stole a majority of his money from the construction company he owned.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The nation owes so many thanks to these WW2 guys. There are fewer and fewer of them here with us every year.

knothead

knothead

Interesting story you shared about your Grandfather PD, like Neko said we owe so much to those soldiers both domestic and our Allies abroad or we would all be speaking German today . . . . war is hell but that was one that had to be fought. Good post PD . . .

cool1

cool1

Nekochan wrote:The nation owes so many thanks to these WW2 guys.    There are fewer and fewer of them here with us every year.

I agree

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum