Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOOM! Obamanomics in Action: Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3% as 800,000 Leave Labor Force

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

BOOM! Obamanomics in Action: Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3% as 800,000 Leave Labor Force

Near a million Americans gave up looking for work in April.

BOOM!  Obamanomics in Action: Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3% as 800,000 Leave Labor Force Labor-participation-rate132014jpg_zps428997ec

The number of people not in the labor force soared to 92 million, the second highest monthly increase ever, or 988K, only ‘better’ than January 2012 which curiously was the one month when the establishment survey reported a 360K “increase” in jobs.

Bloomberg reported:

One cloud in today’s employment report is worker pay is stagnating. Average hourly earnings held at $24.31 in April, and were up 1.9 percent over the past 12 months, the smallest gain this year.

The drop in the unemployment rate from March’s 6.7 percent came as the agency’s survey of households showed the labor force shrank by more the 800,000 in April. The so-called participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, decreased to 62.8 percent, matching the lowest level since 1978, from 63.2 percent a month earlier.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-02/payrolls-in-u-s-rise-by-most-since-2012-unemployment-at-6-3-.html

2seaoat

How many of those leaving the workforce are folks with Qualified plans and savings who are choosing to take early retirement because they now have quality health care which is NOT dependent on employment? How do your figures factor early retirements under the age of 65. Why should a statistic be manipulated to look like these choices to retire early where people have saved and planned to do the same.

Also, is not the timing of your post peculiar. Did they not just release the jobs created stats for April 2014, and were they not a stunning 288k jobs, and did not unemployment drop to 6.3%?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/05/02/jobs-report-u-s-economy-added-288k-jobs-in-april-unemployment-down-to-6-3/

This is great news. Babyboomers who have been prudent and saved now have health insurance which allows them to retire, and our economy is picking up steam and unemployment continues to trend downward......why would you fear this great news? I simply do not understand how you have not been talking to friends and family who are making this option. I have two friends under the age of 62 who have retired this year because of the availability of health care and elimination of pre existing conditions. They are traveling and riding bikes up to 60 miles a day as they enjoy their retirement while they remain in good health......I think you have a major disconnect with the stats you are being fed.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:How many of those leaving the workforce are folks with Qualified plans and savings who are choosing to take early retirement because they now have quality health care which is NOT dependent on employment?   How do your figures factor early retirements under the age of 65.   Why should a statistic be manipulated to look like these choices to retire early where people have saved and planned to do the same.

Also, is not the timing of your post peculiar.  Did they not just release the jobs created stats for April 2014, and were they not a stunning 288k jobs, and did not unemployment drop to 6.3%?  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/05/02/jobs-report-u-s-economy-added-288k-jobs-in-april-unemployment-down-to-6-3/

This is great news.  Babyboomers who have been prudent and saved now have health insurance which allows them to retire, and our economy is picking up steam and unemployment continues to trend downward......why would you fear this great news?  I simply do not understand how you have not been talking to friends and family who are making this option.  I have two friends under the age of 62 who have retired this year because of the availability of health care and elimination of pre existing conditions.   They are traveling and riding bikes up to 60 miles a day as they enjoy their retirement while they remain in good health......I think you have a major disconnect with the stats you are being fed.

These are workers QUIT LOOKING for work.  Yes, baby boomers are retiring and, I know this is shocking to you, YOUNG PEOPLE ARE ENTERING THE JOB MARKET.  

I know!  Shocking!

Women Not in Labor Force Hits Record High

May 2, 2014 - 8:53 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The number of women 16 and older not in the labor force climbed to a record high of 55,116,000 in April, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/women-not-labor-force-hits-record-high

Unlike you, I made all the facts known. Much as you would like to smother the facts in Progressive Propaganda.

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......really.......really......? Have you not learned that people on this forum are not stupid. You give a quote from a news organization which looks remarkably similar to CNN. However, you and I both no who these people are and what there agenda is........."the right news right now"......this is simply propaganda for very stupid people who may confuse the same with legitimate news organizations like CNN.

I have shown you repeatedly the impact on voluntary retirement on those leaving the workforce......yes Mr. Markle if a person is riding his bike on a 60 mile trek......he has given up looking for work and is enjoying his hard earned retirement, yet you use stats like this think that folks on this forum got dropped on their heads as babies.......please do not play poker......you would lose your homestead because this constant bluffing and having no cards would be hilarious if it was not so persistently trying to find low IQ voters who are easily manipulated...........the stunning new on April jobs and the 50 plus months of steady improvement in this economy has to hurt for folks who hate America and represent the Oligarchy.....there has to be a whole lot of hurting that the ACA is working and folks are taking early retirement, AND ARE NO LONGER LOOKING FOR WORK......you need to give up this part time work for the dark side and use your talents for good.......there is little fertile soil on this forum for stupid seeds being planted.

markle

I have come to the conclusion you just cant debate with stupid people.

apparently the lefties here do not understand simple concepts.

They are in unicorn world.

oh that's right, all these people not in the labor force are happy now that they can go do art.  Neutral 

happy happy happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum