Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weather Channel's Tornado "TOR:CON index".

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"The Weather Channel's Severe Weather Expert, Dr. Greg Forbes has developed the TOR:CON index to estimate the risk of a tornado on a given day or night near your area."

http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

It's now 2:20 AM central time.  This is what the index indicates for our area at this time...

Weather Channel's Tornado "TOR:CON index". Twiste10

what this means is,  that at 2:20 AM,  if his index is valid and accurate,  he's saying there's a 50% chance that a tornado will occur within 50 miles of us.
When you all wake up again in the morning you'll be able to know if his forecast was up to snuff.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ok, I think I understand. You can't say 50%, 60% or any percentage anymore. You have to say 5 or 6 or whatever percentage. What a great formula established by Dr. Forbes to replace an antiquated system.   cheers

This will save time and improve the weather warning system.....by leaps and bounds.

BTW can we still say willy-wa......cause we had a real willy -wa this morning.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

BTW can we still say willy-wa......cause we had a real willy -wa  this morning.

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/04/widespread_flooding_as_storms.html#incart_river_default

Power outage this morning but finally back on. I'm so addicted to coffee What a Face 

Love the spring but hate the spring storms that can wreak such havoc.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I do not miss all of the tornado sirens in Huntsville, AL this time of year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum