Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cover Oregon officially calls it quits, state to use federal ObamaCare site

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Who would have guessed?

Health Care

Cover Oregon officially calls it quits, state to use federal ObamaCare site

Published April 25, 2014
·FoxNews.com

Cover Oregon on Friday became the first casualty of the state-run ObamaCare exchanges, as officials formally gave up the fight to offer residents a state health care portal. Instead, Oregon, which has been hemorrhaging millions of dollars on a barely functioning website that has failed to sign up a single person, is turning to the federal government for an out.

Cover Oregon’s full board approved the recommendations made Thursday by an advisory committee to fold its troubled portal and use the federal HealthCare.gov for private policies.

The state initially paid $134 million to Oracle Corp. to build its online exchange. Cover Oregon also spent more than $3 million on marketing the site, which included radio, television and YouTube ads, spokeswoman Ariane Holm told FoxNews.com last year.

Cover Oregon received a month-long enrollment deadline extension because of multiple technical glitches in its system.

But fixing the existing system, Cover Oregon officials say, would have meant pouring another $78 million into the growing money pit. Switching to the federal system significantly reduces the cost to around $5 million.

“I guess I am still saying ‘I told you so,’” said former Oregon Rep. Patrick Sheehan on Fox News. “There is a culture of cover up that goes all the way up to the governor’s office.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/25/cover-oregon-officially-calls-it-quits-becomes-first-casualty-obamacare/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum