Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this.... This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Bet my Progressive good friends pretend this isn't here at all. Selective blindness.

This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups

On this day in 1868, a mob of Democrats massacred nearly 300 African-American Republicans in Opelousas, Louisiana. The savagery began when racist Democrats attacked a newspaper editor, a white Republican and schoolteacher, for promoting the rights of ex-slaves.

Several African-Americans rushed to the assistance of their friend. In response, Democrats went on a "Negro hunt," killing every African-American (all of whom were Republicans) in the area they could find.

Read more: http://grandoldpartisan.typepad.com/

On April 20, 1871, at the urging of President Ulysses Grant, Congress passed the Ku Klux Klan Act. Also known as the third Enforcement Act, the bill was a controversial expansion of federal authority designed to give the federal government additional power to protect voters. The act established penalties in the form of fines and jail time for attempts to deprive citizens of equal protection under the laws and gave the President the authority to use federal troops and suspend the writ of habeas corpus in ensuring that civil rights were upheld.

Founded as a fraternal organization by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan soon became a paramilitary group devoted to the overthrow of Republican governments in the South and the reassertion of white supremacy. Through murder, kidnapping, and violent intimidation, Klansmen sought to secure Democratic victories in elections by attacking black voters and, less frequently, white Republican leaders.

On this day in 1868, a mob of Democrats massacred nearly 300 African-American Republicans in Opelousas, Louisiana. The savagery began when racist Democrats attacked a newspaper editor, a white Republican and schoolteacher, for promoting the rights of ex-slaves.

Several African-Americans rushed to the assistance of their friend. In response, Democrats went on a "Negro hunt," killing every African-American (all of whom were Republicans) in the area they could find.

Read more: http://grandoldpartisan.typepad.com/

"I'll have those niggers voting democratic for the next 200 years"... LBJ

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The KKK is right-wing, not left and not Democratic. It's true that the southern Democrats were responsible for the rise of the KKK, but those same southerners all switched parties after the Voting Rights Act and the Great Society of LBJ in the 1960's.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:Good grief, Markle is a dunce!

He'll be getting more desperate as November draws near.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Good grief, Markle is a dunce!

Hey, here's your chance to be a hero among your fellow comrades.

SHOW us what is in my post which is NOT true. Come on Dreamsglore, here's your chance for fame!

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
The KKK is right-wing, not left and not Democratic.  It's true that the southern Democrats were responsible for the rise of the KKK, but those same southerners all switched parties after the Voting Rights Act and the Great Society of LBJ in the 1960's.

Hey, here's an idea, show us that list of Democrats who changed parties.

You know, like Al Gore, Sr. ohhh...right...he voted against the Civil Rights Act and remained a Democrat.

Then there was the Grand Recruiter...oh...right...he remained a Democrat to the day he died.

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups SenatorByrd

2seaoat

I guess the one essential component of a successful propaganda campaign is to distort reality, and have people who are not smart enough to know the difference. The Republicans intentionally began the Southern strategy in the 1970s and in the process lost the heart and soul of the party.

At least it is good to know PKs underlying reason he is anti government......always suspected the same.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

SHOW us what is in my post which is NOT true.

There is nothing to show... Markle can ALWAYS be counted on to post partisan spin. It is expected from him and is part of his nature.

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Spinne12

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

State Sen. Stephen Martin says Democratic Party created the Ku Klux Klan

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Rulings%2Ftom-false

"Our ruling

Martin said the KKK was created by the Democratic Party. He acknowledged he was wrong.

Historians say the KKK consisted of a group of Southern whites after the Civil War who were Democrats. But there’s no evidence the KKK was created by their political party.

It should also be noted that the anti-black Democratic Party of the 1860s and 1870s bears no similarity to the party of today.

Recognizing that Martin has expressed regret for his statement. We rate his claim False..."

(read the rest at the link)

Markle

Markle

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]SHOW us what is in my post which is NOT true.

There is nothing to show... Markle can ALWAYS be counted on to post partisan spin. It is expected from him and is part of his nature.

quote]

You're right, you have nothing to show because everything in my post is 100% accurate.

Thank you for stepping up. Most Progressives can't be that honest.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Rulings%2Ftom-false

"Our ruling

Martin said the KKK was created by the Democratic Party. He acknowledged he was wrong.

Historians say the KKK consisted of a group of Southern whites after the Civil War who were Democrats.
But there’s no evidence the KKK was created by their political party.

It should also be noted that the anti-black Democratic Party of the 1860s and 1870s bears no similarity to the party of today.

Recognizing that Martin has expressed regret for his statement. We rate his claim False..."

As you know, Politifact has no credibility.  It is owned and operated by the far left Tampa Bay Times.  The same publisher, writers and editors.

ALSO, I did not make the statement, nor did MY post state that the Ku Klux Plan was formed by the DEMOCRAT PARTY. It was formed by DEMOCRATS

EVEN your own post, while saying that the KKK was not a radical wing of the Democrat party, also called the Democrats the ANTI-BLACK Democrat Party.

So sorry, but live with it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

"Our ruling

Historians say the KKK consisted of a group of Southern whites after the Civil War who were Democrats.

As you know, Politifact has no credibility.  It is owned and operated by the far left Tampa Bay Times.  The same publisher, writers and editors.

ALSO, I did not make the statement, nor did MY post state that the Ku Klux Plan was formed by the DEMOCRAT PARTY.  It was formed by DEMOCRATS

EVEN your own post, while saying that the KKK was not a radical wing of the Democrat party, also called the Democrats the ANTI-BLACK Democrat Party.

Herr Markle is correct.
Back in the 1860s the democrats were pro-slavery racists and were opposed by the republicans.

It's also true that after LBJs civil rights legislation, the same racist democrats immediately joined the republican party and today represent a significant portion of their membership.

Herr Markle's only purpose with this thread, was to defile the democrats. And obviously, it backfired. Ask any African American which party is composed of white racists. Reality.

Again... list them please. I know revision requires repeating the same falsehood over and over... it doesn't work on me.

What we can show are the same racist democrats elected by democrats for decades after the sixties. Byrd, Gore... etc.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

So Herr Markle: A long time ago your favored political party was anti-racist and concerned with civil rights.

And now your party pushes to restrict minority voting, celebrates the fact the SCOTUS said that former voting rights regulation for southern states no longer applies, and fully resists immigration reform.

What changed your party from a virulent anti-KKK group to one which African Americans and Mexican Americans so obviously abhor?

Reality.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

"Our ruling

ALSO, I did not make the statement, nor did MY post state that the Ku Klux Plan was formed by the DEMOCRAT PARTY.  It was formed by DEMOCRATS

Herr Markle is correct.  
Back in the 1860s the democrats were pro-slavery racists and were opposed by the republicans.

It's also true that after LBJs civil rights legislation, the same racist democrats immediately joined the republican party and today represent a significant portion of their membership.  

Herr Markle's only purpose with this thread, was to defile the democrats.  And obviously, it backfired.  Ask any African American which party is composed of white racists.  Reality.

As you know, wrong question. Ask why they vote for someone.

Faithful followers of you Wordslinger.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

"Our ruling

Herr Markle is correct.  

Herr Markle's only purpose with this thread, was to defile the democrats.  And obviously, it backfired.  Ask any African American which party is composed of white racists.  Reality.

As you know, wrong question.  Ask why they vote for someone.

You just aren't smart enough to win Herr Markle. The clips you showed above represent African Americans as accurately as the idiot fundamentalist Christians who cheer at the death of American soldiers as a protest against homosexuality, represent you!

What's it like being such a loser here? LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

"Our ruling

Herr Markle is correct.  

You just aren't smart enough to win Herr Markle.  The clips you showed above represent African Americans as accurately as the idiot fundamentalist Christians who cheer at the death of American soldiers as a protest against homosexuality, represent you!  

What's it like being such a loser here?  LOL

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Socratestoo

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:As you know, Politifact has no credibility.  It is owned and operated by the far left Tampa Bay Times.  The same publisher, writers and editors.

Now this is funny. In GOP-supporter-land, Politifact has no credibility. Meanwhile, Markle is making that statement within a thread - that, oddly enough, he created - in which the original post cites some rag called Grand Old Partisan, which has the tagline "Celebrating the heritage of the Republican Party".

This basically tells you all you need to know about Markle.

Markle

Markle

quote="boards of FL"]
Markle wrote:As you know, Politifact has no credibility.  It is owned and operated by the far left Tampa Bay Times.  The same publisher, writers and editors.

Now this is funny.  In GOP-supporter-land, Politifact has no credibility.  Meanwhile, Markle is making that statement within a thread - that, oddly enough, he created - in which the original post cites some rag called Grand Old Partisan, which has the tagline "Celebrating the heritage of the Republican Party".  

This basically tells you all you need to know about Markle.[/quote]

Yep, sure is called the Grand Old Partisian!

Now please step up and detail what is false in the article I provided.

From my good friend but misinformed far left Progressive Floridatexan:

If you will not, I will post what was false from the far left Progressive post from Politifact.  My article and I have stated that it was the DEMOCRATS who formed the Ku Klux Klan WHICH IS EXACTLY what Politifact says...in their fine print.

Did your article NOT say this...verbatum?

They do love to split hairs don't they?

Just like no on in the Democrat Party CLAIMED they formed the Occupy Wall Street mobs but the Democrat Party sure embraced and supported them including President Barack Hussein Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.  Harry Reid, who called AMERICANS, peacefully demonstrating in Arizona DOMESTIC TERRORISTS.  How many were killed and how much damage was there in the illegal OWS demonstrations?

[

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Markle on 4/22/2014, 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

Even funnier. This is so dumb I almost can't believe I read it.

All of the following happened in the same thread:

- Markle cites grandoldpartisan.com as a legit source

- Markle says Politifact has no credibility

- Markle vaguely tries to suggest that Democrats are racist

- Markle makes broad generalization about black people and suggests that they all vote the same way and for the same reason: "As you know, wrong question. Ask why they vote for someone."

Here again, Markle is a real person. This thread and the comments within it really happened. This isn't a democratic plant who is intentionally trying to make GOP supporters look dumb. This is a real person who really believes everything that you see him post within this thread. Strange? Of course. Entertaining? Mildly.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

That isn't my responsibility. In grown-up-land, grown ups support their own claims with legitimate sources. It isn't the responsibility of everyone else to correct your idiocy or research your claims for you.

In GOP-supporter-land, however, it appears that people just make shit up and then expect everyone to take it as fact unless someone can prove that the made up shit is not true. Even for someone with the mental power of Markle, that is breathtakingly inane logic on display.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

That isn't my responsibility.  In grown-up-land, grown ups support their own claims with legitimate sources.  It isn't the responsibility of everyone else to correct your idiocy or research your claims for you.

In GOP-supporter-land, however, it appears that people just make shit up and then expect everyone to take it as fact unless someone can prove that the made up shit is not true.  Even for someone with the mental power of Markle, that is breathtakingly inane logic on display.

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Laughi23

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

That isn't my responsibility.  In grown-up-land, grown ups support their own claims with legitimate sources.  It isn't the responsibility of everyone else to correct your idiocy or research your claims for you.

In GOP-supporter-land, however, it appears that people just make shit up and then expect everyone to take it as fact unless someone can prove that the made up shit is not true.  Even for someone with the mental power of Markle, that is breathtakingly inane logic on display.

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Laughi23

Can't do it can you? You can't show that anything I posted is NOT TRUE. Actually, I'm surprised you didn't attempt to play the race card.

Bet the Progressives IGNORE this....  This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups Socratestoo

Keep up the good work! I also deeply appreciate you and the other Progressives being such good foils.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum