Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Tax Day

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Happy Tax Day  Empty Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:13 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

CBO: Top 20% of earners pay 90% of federal income taxes

2Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:15 am

Apparently... that isn't fair enough... in class war world.

3Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:22 am

Per Sunday's USA Today, 43% pay no Federal income taxes!

4Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:30 am

Been there, done that, paid that, hate that...

Hard earned dollars mailed to the treasury department to be wasted.

I'd rather have wasted it myself.  Razz 

5Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:38 am

"A govt big enough to give you everything you need... is big enough to take everything you have."

Can't remember who said that.

6Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 10:41 am

SheWrites wrote:Been there, done that, paid that, hate that...

Hard earned dollars mailed to the treasury department to be wasted.

I'd rather have wasted it myself.   Razz 

But no one can waste it quite like the GD Congress!

7Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 11:25 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am paid-up and caught-up. In addition to my federal tax return, I had to submit a California Non-resident tax return. It had to do with income derived on assets from my late father's estate. If it is sourced from that state, they want taxes on your "California source income." No problems, I understand and paid.

I use H&R Block for my taxes, and they assured me my tax guy would be able to use their software to make a California non-resident tax return. They submitted it electronically and gave me a paper copy. I looked at it closely several days after my tax appointment, and saw that their software had totally screwed up the return. I am still trying to get them to fix it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 11:27 am

I owe 1069

9Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 2:05 pm

I wish I had to pay more in income taxes. That would mean I earn more!

10Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 2:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

colaguy wrote:I wish I had to pay more in income taxes. That would mean I earn more!

You are right. It is better to have a 'glass half-full' attitude when it comes to paying taxes.

I have been using the same guy at H&R Block since 1992 (with the exception of a few years where I used Turbo-Tax). He called me this morning and told me he would have my CA NR tax return fixed before the end of the day so it could be resubmitted before the deadline. I trust he will.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 4:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
colaguy wrote:I wish I had to pay more in income taxes. That would mean I earn more!
[color=#333399]
You are right. It is better to have a 'glass half-full' attitude when it comes to paying taxes.

Easy to say when you aren't on the installment plan or paying it by credit card.

12Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 5:23 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

As usual the point is being missed.

There were those who were "cool" in HS and never went on to achieve much.
They pay some taxes.

There were those who went on to college and received a degree or two and went into corporate life. They pay taxes.

Yet, neither of those groups pay the 90%.

Those are paid by people who were serious about what they did. They were focused on success........the ones outside the box. Those who gambled and risked everything.

Why are they penalized so harshly?

13Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 5:39 pm

I think with everything totaled that the govt got about 50% of what I earned for the last twenty years.

14Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 5:49 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="PkrBum"]I think with everything totaled that the govt got about 50% of what I earned for the last twenty years.[/quote

Somehow I knew you would "get it". We developed a product which sold and I remember the check I was forced to write even though we were in suit for nonpayment.

Go Government.

15Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 6:34 pm

My grandfather owned one of the largest construction companies in Atlanta back in the 1960s. IRS shut him down said he cheated on taxes. Took him two years, but in the end they owed him over 70k, but way too late to ever get that big again.

16Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 6:54 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PACEDOG#1 wrote:My grandfather owned one of the largest construction companies in Atlanta back in the 1960s. IRS shut him down said he cheated on taxes. Took him two years, but in the end they owed him over 70k, but way too late to ever get that big again.

Precisely what they do. We insisted on a cash basis rather than accrual. They audited us annually to no avail. Forget that it cost both time and cash to defend our position.

Today each and everyone of you enjoy our product. Kinda like others who were willing take a chance.

Rather than the alternative. Nothing like squashing innovation.

17Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/15/2014, 7:54 pm

2seaoat

Yet, neither of those groups pay the 90%.

Those are paid by people who were serious about what they did. They were focused on success........the ones outside the box. Those who gambled and risked everything.

Why are they penalized so harshly?

What planet do you live on? Most of the 17 trillion dollars of new wealth created in the last 20 years has been retained by 7% of the American population. The problem is wealth is fungible and is transferred without merit. Where America was once the land of meritocracy, we have become a Latin American Oligarchy where the least capable simply inherit wealth while those with talent and ability are never able to reach their full potential because of a rigged system where wealth is static. Shriver wrote a book in the mid 60s how Europe could not compete with America who had developed a country where taxation was progressive and allowed the best and brightest to achieve the highest and best use of their talent as a healthy middle class flourished and talent was rewarded and productivity expanded, yet since the mid 1960s we have seen the success of the American Dream and model of meritocracy replaced by European Oligarchies.......the very reason this nation fought a revolution and prospered for over 200 years before special interests had stolen this country.......one more person who inherited wealth and could not compete based on merit complaining that the wealth and silver spoon passed down from relatives who EARNED the same and paid taxes, now need a free pass .........Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  No 

18Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/16/2014, 12:36 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

stormwatch89 wrote:Those are paid by people who were serious about what they did.  They were focused on success........the ones outside the box.  Those who gambled and risked everything.

This may be the funniest thing I have read all week!

19Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 4/16/2014, 4:35 pm

2seaoat

This may be the funniest thing I have read all week!

It is beyond funny.......it is so fundamentally twisted, that they believe they have earned their wealth, and that it was her hard work and skills make them entitled,  while lazy people are getting freebies as the system becomes more skewed.  Outside the box.......trickle down inheritance and bought and paid for politicians over the last thirty years to stop the progressive tax rates and contribution to this country.  Wealth in a nation of working people goes into the means of production, but a corrupt Oligarchy invests in high end real estate which segregates folks from their fellow citizens....the expectation that they should not have to pay taxes....that the wealth inherited was earned, and special..........in the end it is hardly funny.....it is extremely sad, because this fungible wealth continues to corrupt the political process as these people actively work against representative democracy and strive to make all government evil, because it is their biggest fear that the progressive tax rates will return, and they will have to pay taxes.  The sum of this country is far more important than the few parts who control the sum.

20Happy Tax Day  Empty Re: Happy Tax Day 8/18/2018, 12:40 pm

2seaoat

The silver spooners loved this thread, and things have only got worse with income inequality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum