Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine Corps to Restrict Private Guns on Base

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://kitup.military.com/2014/04/marine-corps-issues-interim-rules.html?ESRC=marine-a.nl

“Following the recent shootings at the Washington Navy Yard and Fort Hood, Texas, the Marine Corps has moved quickly to put into place and enforce consistent regulations on the handling of privately owned guns on base….”

“…These include a prohibition on privately owned firearms in all federal facilities, leased spaces and government vehicles, and prohibitions on carrying privately owned concealed firearms on Marine Corps installations.

Additionally, such firearms stored aboard Marine bases must be registered and on file with the provost marshal’s office/ Marine Corps police department, according to Marine Corps officials.

Also, neither the weapons nor the ammunition for them will be stored in bachelor enlisted quarters for non-commissioned officers and below. For enlisted staff NCOs and officers, storage in the BEQ and BOQ is at the discretion of the base commander….”

No "Guns at Work" aboard Marine Corps installations unless they are appropriately registered with base officials and properly stored in the armory. If you are an E-6 or above, authorization to keep your personal firearm in your quarters is at the discresion of the installation commander.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Been that way in other branches for years. I had to tote all of my multiple firearms to the Securiity Forces armory when I was at Goodfellow And then Nellis.

Then I decided to get a storage unit just outside the front gate.

But it doesn't matter because unless you are doing a search on each and every car that enters a base, you won't stop a firearm from being brought through the gates. The bad guys know this and will take the chance of a search if it means they can do their deed.

Good idea. Next I'm concerned about how medals are attached to the uniforms.

The pins are dangerous... I suggest some type of ecologically safe adhesive.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Good idea. Next I'm concerned about how medals are attached to the uniforms.

Bull Ca Ca pkr, your post suggest you think it wise to allow everyone on base to be packing heat am I off base?

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Good idea. Next I'm concerned about how medals are attached to the uniforms.

Bull Ca Ca pkr, your post suggest you think it wise to allow everyone on base to be packing heat am I off base?

Why not? Each of them have been trained. If we can't trust a soldier... they shouldn't be a soldier.

knothead wrote:

Fort Hood incidents don't happen twice in 5 years if soldiers are toting their pieces with them locked and loaded.

Guess what stopped both maniacs?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Fort Hood incidents don't happen twice in 5 years if soldiers are toting their pieces with them locked and loaded.

You got that right!

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Utter nonsense . . . . even the base commanders will not recommend such a radical policy. When the National Guard is deployed to secure an area following a natural disaster they have their weapons but are not permitted to load a single round in them. It's called common sense . . . . . too many cowboys in the ranks . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum