Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I hate windows 8.1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I hate windows 8.1 Empty I hate windows 8.1 3/30/2014, 12:45 pm

Mad 

2I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/30/2014, 1:16 pm

dumpcare

microsoft hates it also.

3I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/30/2014, 1:24 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Me too! I have been using it since December and still curse it every day! Another patch is supposed to be released soon.

4I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/30/2014, 1:28 pm

Be sure to make the recovery discs... you'll need em sooner or later.

5I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/30/2014, 8:53 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I'm still using Windows XP and if I upgrade it will be to Windows 7 before I switch to 8.

Windows ME = Fail

Windows Vista = Fail

Windows 8 = Fail

All of these operating systems were launched since about 2000. If Microsoft didn't have a near monopoly on software, they would be out of business.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 8:51 am

I thought vista was fine. I bought another computer it came with 8.1

oh yeah, its supposed to be the fastest thing ever with all this ram etc etc

the screen lay out is basically  icons aps on the front screen instead of a start menu with WORDS. I guess they thought people preferred to choose by picture instead of searching for a word. Its a GD nightmare.

Im wondering if there is a way to change the above^^^

Oh about the speed, not happy. my lap top I have been using and abusing for the past year that has gotten slow because of all the stuff I have done to it, and trust me this lap top has been through the mill and its faster than the new PC. Not faster connecting to the internet, just everything else.

pkr, I don't know how to make a back up disk. I did by a 64 ram usb memory stick or something like that, it was $60 when I got the comp. I got it to salvage the pics off my old PC, I purchased a plan from the geeks and it will cover 3 computers. << looking forward to using that. guess I could back up some stuff on that but what?

oh crap now I remember that guy trying to sell me this thing for hundred bucks that backs up your entire computer, external drive he called it.

any way, I hope the damn thing works, its not for me. my gf is going back to college. and they told her she needed a up to date computer. so we got one.  Mad

7I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 9:19 am

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

8I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 10:15 pm

PkrBum wrote:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

thank you pkr Smile

9I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 10:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Get an Apple product. 

You're welcome. 

10I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 10:24 pm

Sal wrote:Get an Apple product. 

You're welcome. 

too expensive. I already spend too much money on electronic devices as it is. I have 3 iphones, 3 lap tops, 3 PC's and 2 ipads in my house. I cant take anymore lol

but to be honest with you, my daughter told me that too. I told her exactly what I just told you.

11I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 3/31/2014, 10:31 pm

Sal

Sal

If you can layout the money upfront, you'll do OK. 

Apple products retain their value way beyond what Window devices can do, as long as you update the software

My desktop IMac is seven years old, and is better than a Windows 8 computer. 

If I had bought a Windows computer seven years ago, it would be in a landfill by now. 

12I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 4/1/2014, 7:49 am

Sal wrote:If you can layout the money upfront, you'll do OK. 

Apple products retain their value way beyond what Window devices can do, as long as you update the software

My desktop IMac is seven years old, and is better than a Windows 8 computer. 

If I had bought a Windows computer seven years ago, it would be in a landfill by now. 

Sal, I appreciate you actually talking to me in a normal human being way. I just felt the need to recognize this milestone.  Smile Thank you!

But really, you have to understand. One thing I have learned with this stuff around here, its like when I buy the boys shoes. If I spend $150. or $30 on their shoes, they will both be worn out or tore up in 6 months.

Plus the PC is for a specific thing. I hardly use a PC, I cant stand to be stuck in one spot. Last PC I got lasted 5 years and it aint really dead yet. Im about to find out because I purchased that 1 year geek squad plan when I got the new HP. Im also going to take in my lap top because that plan covers 3 items in your house. Its a good deal I think.

Anyway, Ive kind of figured out the 8.1. All the icons are hidden and they show up when you move your mouse along the edges of the page. Ill probably do a UBS backup disk this weekend if I have time.

BTW. I do like apple products. maybe I will save up for myself and splurge on a new lap top for me when the time comes.  Cool 

13I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 4/1/2014, 12:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I purchased that 1 year geek squad plan when I got the new HP.

You just need to learn how to build and maintain your own computers....

It ain't that hard, and can be really fun. I have built or rebuilt 6 computers since 1999. I taught myself how to do it through trial and error (lots of errors, LOL!). Computers in my house are evolving things, because I update them with new components as needed, and roll components that are still useful into the next computer-build. I have a whole cabinet full of parts that I use/reuse.

My eyesight and dexterity are not what they used to be, so I use my technician (my daughter) for a lot of the labor now.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

14I hate windows 8.1 Empty Re: I hate windows 8.1 4/1/2014, 8:01 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I purchased that 1 year geek squad plan when I got the new HP.

You just need to learn how to build and maintain your own computers....

It ain't that hard, and can be really fun. I have built or rebuilt 6 computers since 1999. I taught myself how to do it through trial and error (lots of errors, LOL!). Computers in my house are evolving things, because I update them with new components as needed, and roll components that are still useful into the next computer-build. I have a whole cabinet full of parts that I use/reuse.

My eyesight and dexterity are not what they used to be, so I use my technician (my daughter) for a lot of the labor now.

LOL oh crap! That aint gonna happen. Look, I appreciate all you smart computer peeps, really. But what little bit of time I have to learn stuff, it goes towards my career. working , dealing with home life and yall is about all I got left in me.

I'm sure its fun for those who like that sort of stuff, that is not my idea of fun. winky winky Razz 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum